ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Manning's rag arm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268828)

cdcox 01-13-2013 12:13 AM

Manning's rag arm

Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his time off. Maybe he comes back next year rejuvenated and on fire at age 37.

But today he was Mr. Dink and Dunk. He had a couple of 15 yard TDs that were nice, but they were placement throws, not lasers. On two throws late in the game, the pass to Stokely that was reviewed in the first overtime, and the game losing INT, he clearly didn't get as much on the ball has he wanted to. The mind was willing but the arm was a dish rag.

Maybe it was because it was late in the game, late in the season and in cold weather coming off an injury. But even ignoring his normal playoff chokatude, his arm was really sub par today.

In58men 01-13-2013 12:14 AM

In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.
Those who do not know history.....

notorious 01-13-2013 12:15 AM

Cold weather is hard on an old man with a weak arm to begin with.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 12:15 AM

I have a hard time believing that team will be better next year.

No SB for the Denver Mannings.

Hope Brock Osweiler has his shit together.

tk13 01-13-2013 12:17 AM

It's flabbergasted me how people keep saying he looks like the old Manning. No he doesn't. It's like they forgot what he did in Indy. He used to drop in 40 yard strikes over the shoulder to Marvin and Wayne like it was nothing. I did think his arm strength improved over the year... he was able to throw the deep ball much better at the end of the year. He had a great season. But it was kind of like a veteran pitcher not always having a 99 mph fastball anymore and learning how to pitch better.

cdcox 01-13-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9312411)
Cold weather is hard on an old man with a weak arm to begin with.

Well, maybe going to Denver ****ing Colorado wasn't such a brilliant decision after all.

MagicHef 01-13-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9312413)
I have a hard time believing that team will be better next year.

No SB for the Denver Mannings.

Hope Brock Osweiler has his shit together.

I was worried until you predicted this.

tk13 01-13-2013 12:22 AM

Bill Simmons made a great point too in the fact that Manning is 36 years old. Regardless of all his injuries and history... there came a point where even Brett Favre wasn't immortal in cold weather too, he just got too old.

Theoretically, Manning's arm strength could get better if the feeling in his arm improves. But it's also interesting that in cases like Montana and Favre, they went to a new team, had a really great year... then the following year came back to earth a bit.

notorious 01-13-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9312423)
Well, maybe going to Denver ****ing Colorado wasn't such a brilliant decision after all.

Well, Peyton did have to call his girlfriend to help him because his cable TV didn't work. She came over to his place and plugged the cable into the back of the TV. ROFL

True Story from SI back when Peyton got drafted.

Otter 01-13-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9312406)
Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from his time off. Maybe he comes back next year rejuvenated and on fire at age 37.

But today he was Mr. Dink and Dunk. He had a couple of 15 yard TDs that were nice, but they were placement throws, not lasers. On two throws late in the game, the pass to Stokely that was reviewed in the first overtime, and the game losing INT, he clearly didn't get as much on the ball has he wanted to. The mind was willing but the arm was a dish rag.

Maybe it was because it was late in the game, late in the season and in cold weather coming off an injury. But even ignoring his normal playoff chokatude, his arm was really sub par today.

Manning threw some 20 yard lasers but he didn't go long at all.

Manning had his neck worked on and I can't speak for that but once they started hitting him the game changed. You hit Manning and he folds.

End! Of! Story!

My one day as a Ravens fans was ****ing glorious! That game was awesome.

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 12:28 AM

Peyton has never won a playoff game below 40 degrees.

Audit2 01-13-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9312409)
In the 12 seasons (Manning) made the playoffs he has 11 playoff losses (t-most ever), 5 playoff losses at home (all as the 1, 2, or 3 seed), a game-losing interception in the superbowl, and 8 one-and-dones (remember, out of a possible 12)?
What did you expect when the Broncos signed him? Predicting anything other than one and done from him would be awfully delusional. He makes terrible decisions in the clutch and more often than not loses the first game of the playoffs, even when he's the prohibitive favorite to win.

:toast:

tk13 01-13-2013 12:29 AM

Another thing was that the Ravens changed their coverage up. Manning mentioned this in his press conference. In the 2nd half they switched and went to a lot of 2 deep safeties and just had Pollard and Reed playing deep safety. They weren't going to let him go deep. You could see it too because they didn't blitz as much. I'm amazed it took the Ravens that long to figure it out.

That's what beats Manning... that's why Crennel usually did so well. You can't attack him, you gotta sit back and let him go into robot mode and dink and dunk and check off to runs. They only team that seems to be able to attack him and do it well is the Chargers.

GloryDayz 01-13-2013 12:32 AM

I'm just glad they lost... Love it!

Munson 01-13-2013 12:32 AM

Manning has thrown more wobble launchers this season than any other QB not named Cassel.

Ace Gunner 01-13-2013 12:33 AM

He doesn't throw the ball the way he used to. His WR's aren't as good as his heyday with the Colts, either, but he wasn't that good today. Not like his best days at all.

Otter 01-13-2013 12:40 AM

Forehead and Neck will pick you apart all day if you let him. What happens when he gets hit?

Deberg_1990 01-13-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9312448)
Another thing was that the Ravens changed their coverage up. Manning mentioned this in his press conference. In the 2nd half they switched and went to a lot of 2 deep safeties and just had Pollard and Reed playing deep safety. They weren't going to let him go deep. You could see it too because they didn't blitz as much. I'm amazed it took the Ravens that long to figure it out.

That's what beats Manning... that's why Crennel usually did so well. You can't attack him, you gotta sit back and let him go into robot mode and dink and dunk and check off to runs. They only team that seems to be able to attack him and do it well is the Chargers.

Isn't this basically what the Chiefs did in that playoff game in 06? I think Law had 3 INTs and we still lost. Of course, our offense stunk it up badly that day.....

tk13 01-13-2013 12:44 AM

Pretty much. Gunther was pretty disciplined that day. Manning ended up with an amazing completion percentage but not as many yards as you'd expect for that many passes, I do believe.

Sorter 01-13-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9312484)
Pretty much. Gunther was pretty disciplined that day. Manning ended up with an amazing completion percentage but not as many yards as you'd expect for that many passes, I do believe.

Manning had a 6.3 ypp and the Broncos had a total 4.6 ypa

Without reviewing the film, the Donks should have utilized more PA with Smash concepts (I'm a homer for them) and deep digs ( on the right side of the field offensively, as Cary Williams was playing on the left side and the Ravens LBs are relatively slow in their drops. THere were several instances in witch the Donks ran a levels concept( a staple in the Manning offense) in which Manning immediately went to the short in as opposed to the deep in/dig.

However, the Donks definitely abandoned a vertical PA or non PA passing game in the second half. Whether that is due to McCoy or Fox, IDK.

MagicHef 01-13-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9312457)
Manning has thrown more wobble launchers this season than any other QB not named Cassel.

The revisionist history is hilarious. Manning was second to only Rodgers in accuracy on throws that traveled 20 yards or more this season.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9312520)
The revisionist history is hilarious. Manning was second to only Rodgers in accuracy on throws that traveled 20 yards or more this season.

Yes but the ball is not coming out at the same velocity as he used to have.

MagicHef 01-13-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9312523)
Yes but the ball is not coming out at the same velocity as he used to have.

Who cares?

Fans love to overrate velocity. Most of all, fans used to horrible QB play. Broncos fans couldn't get enough of Cutler's velocity.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9312552)
Who cares?

Fans love to overrate velocity. Most of all, fans used to horrible QB play. Broncos fans couldn't get enough of Cutler's velocity.

2006 Peyton Manning probably wins the game today.

MagicHef 01-13-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9312562)
2006 Peyton Manning probably wins the game today.

Anyone but Rahim Moore certainly wins the game today.

DaFace 01-13-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9312520)

So...why didn't they even try one today?

MagicHef 01-13-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9312566)
So...why didn't they even try one today?

No idea.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9312565)
Anyone but Rahim Moore certainly wins the game today.

Butthurt much?

Manning was garbage in OT.

MagicHef 01-13-2013 04:18 AM

Not really, just playing your what-if game, like with 2006 Manning.

Here's another one: what if a ball coming out of a QBs hand while it's moving forward were a pass attempt, not a fumble?

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9312613)

Here's another one: what if a ball coming out of a QBs hand while it's moving forward were a pass attempt, not a fumble?

What if you didn't cry like a little bitch?

Crush 01-13-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

ROFL

That was clearly a fumble.

tmax63 01-13-2013 06:46 AM

What if PM pump-faked and brought the ball down, had 2 hands on the ball and then dropped it? That's what I saw and I think that's what the refs saw as well. The announcers were clearly on Denver and Green Bay's side in the 2 games and did their best to not "see" the right arm being held on the PI or both hands on the ball on the fumble and several calls in both games.

Mother****erJones 01-13-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9312600)
Butthurt much?

Manning was garbage in OT.

Denver fans can talk shit on John Fox and Rahim Moore and the Refs all they want.

They had 2 return TDs
Peyton threw a pick 6 and another god awful Favrelike INT in OT
Their vaunting no 2 D got smoked. Champ its time to hang it up

Mother****erJones 01-13-2013 06:53 AM

That wasnt the tuck rule Donk fan, he controlled it as it came down to his waist. He repossed it and then while it was at his waist he lost it.

mdchiefsfan 01-13-2013 07:15 AM

While were playing the what if game, what if the Ravens were drenched in Vaseline for the game? How would Donkey fans perceive that?

the Talking Can 01-13-2013 07:20 AM

i had to pee at halftime

my stream had more velocity than manning's throws...

Marcellus 01-13-2013 08:16 AM

At one point Deirdorff was noting how patient Manning was with all the short throws and how he may be the most patient QB in NFL history with short throws bla bla bla. Complimenting Manning for making the short throws.

I was laughing my ass off, I guess Dan didn't see any Chiefs games the last 4 years. Cassel can out patient Manning on short throws all day long. HOF bound!

scho63 01-13-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9312409)

Except when he plays the Chiefs........LMAO

farmerchief 01-13-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9312693)
At one point Deirdorff was noting how patient Manning was with all the short throws and how he may be the most patient QB in NFL history with short throws bla bla bla. Complimenting Manning for making the short throws.

I was laughing my ass off, I guess Dan didn't see any Chiefs games the last 4 years. Cassel can out patient Manning on short throws all day long. HOF bound!

Only trouble was, our Matt couldnt complete them!:eek:

notorious 01-13-2013 09:20 AM

Lovely tears!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 09:32 AM

This season played out almost exactly like Favre's in Minny. Kind of wierd.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 09:34 AM

Like we said before the year. Howard the Duck reared it's ugly head.

BlackHelicopters 01-13-2013 09:38 AM

Football is a young mans game, with few exceptions.

PhillyChiefFan 01-13-2013 10:41 AM

The Broncos beat themselves:

1. Running the ball on 3rd & 7, with the chance to ice the game with a 1st down.
2. Kneeling it with :31 left, 2 TO's, and Manning at the helm.
3. The piss poor coverage and angle Moore took on the TD pass to Jones. Just...wow.
4. Manning's awful INT throw in OT to seal the game.

Everything went wrong for the Broncos in the last 5 mins and OT of that game. Ravens had some calls bounce their way to be fair, but the Broncos failed to capitalize on several opportunities to win it.

If Holliday didn't kill it on ST, it would have been a double digit win for the Ravens despite the PI calls, holding calls, and all the other stupid penalties they committed.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 10:41 AM

Herm Fox

Hootie 01-13-2013 10:44 AM

that ST argument is bullshit

yes, they helped Denver

but YOU NEVER KNOW how the game would have turned had he not returned those kicks

maybe the Broncos are down 24-21 with the ball and 2 minutes left in regulation?

no one ****ing knows

so saying they would have lost by double digits without those returns is just ignorant, and I don't get why people don't understand a simple concept like "the butterfly effect"

even Ashton Kutcher gets it

Straight, No Chaser 01-13-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9312960)
The Broncos beat themselves:

1. Running the ball on 3rd & 7, with the chance to ice the game with a 1st down.
2. Kneeling it with :31 left, 2 TO's, and Manning at the helm.
3. The piss poor coverage and angle Moore took on the TD pass to Jones. Just...wow.
4. Manning's awful INT throw in OT to seal the game.

Everything went wrong for the Broncos in the last 5 mins and OT of that game. Ravens had some calls bounce their way to be fair, but the Broncos failed to capitalize on several opportunities to win it...

Much revelry in their loss, but they lost because of mistakes, not because they were beat by a better team. Still have to play them 2x next year and still the most balanced team in AFCW.

But yea, for The Bronco Homers, crickets!

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9312969)
that ST argument is bullshit

yes, they helped Denver

but YOU NEVER KNOW how the game would have turned had he not returned those kicks

maybe the Broncos are down 24-21 with the ball and 2 minutes left in regulation?

no one ****ing knows

so saying they would have lost by double digits without those returns is just ignorant, and I don't get why people don't understand a simple concept like "the butterfly effect"

even Ashton Kutcher gets it

What is sad for Denver is they had 2 kick returns and LOST.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

the butthurt is strong with this one

Hootie 01-13-2013 11:17 AM

all I know is

if the Chiefs lost like Denver did yesterday

I probably would have jumped off a cliff.

notorious 01-13-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9313057)
What is sad for Denver is they had 2 kick returns and LOST.

Dick Vermeil can't compute. He had his stats and percentages which indicated if a team will win or lose.

This one was off the charts.

Dick while watching the end of the Donk game:

http://www.victusspiritus.com/wp-con...oding_head.gif

DTHOF 01-13-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9312457)

More than Huard??

Munson 01-13-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTHOF (Post 9313077)
More than Huard??

If you'll notice, I said "this season."

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 11:27 AM

They are the first team to lose a playoff game that had both a kickoff and punt return TD in the same game.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9313064)
all I know is

We've seen it 3 times.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9313098)
They are the first team to lose a playoff game that had both a kickoff and punt return TD in the same game.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...lsJH7BDTKxsw7o

milkman 01-13-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9313104)

Someone needs to photoshop Peyton Manning's head on that pic.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:42 AM

http://i.imgur.com/RmGqm.jpg

Munson 01-13-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313135)

LMAOLMAOLMAO

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

ROFLLMAO

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 11:50 AM

Slap a Papa Johns logo on that bad boy ROFL

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Now, post this at the Mange.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

I got banned last night.

Munson 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

Its my new avatar at the Mange. :thumb:

Easy 6 01-13-2013 02:58 PM

Whaddya mean i cant throw across my body? i'm peyton freaking manning!

King_Chief_Fan 01-13-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9313064)
all I know is

go ahead......jump. I dare you...I triple dog dare you....that's right I jumped right right past the double dog dare you.

MahiMike 01-13-2013 04:34 PM

Yeah, I kept looking to see if he would try to throw it over 20 yards. I can't think of any. Meanwhile, Flacco throws a 70 yarder to get to OT.

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313165)
I got banned last night.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...64#post3780364

Easy 6 01-13-2013 05:07 PM

DAMN, they get some HUGE avatars over there, can we get something similar mods?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 05:13 PM

http://i.imgur.com/T75cE.jpg

Kylo Ren 01-13-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9312406)

I didn't think of it at the time, but you are right. It was just a bunch of dink and dunk stuff.