ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Paranormal Activity (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216544)

QuikSsurfer 10-18-2009 10:54 PM

Paranormal Activity

Just got back from seeing this... woah. The last 30 minutes were ridiculously unnerving.
Horror is my bag ,but I am still spooked after seeing this.

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/trailer.html

ModSocks 10-19-2009 10:10 AM

I'm surprised ther isn't more responses in this thread. I heard this movie was very creepy. I plan on seeing it at some point this week.

Fish 10-19-2009 10:14 AM

Really? I've seen the trailer and thought it looked janky as hell. Like a cheesy Blair Witch wannabe...

kepp 10-19-2009 10:20 AM

I'm planning on seeing it soon. I wasn't planning on it because I've soured on the "ghost hunter" type of TV shows, but everyone is saying its great.

NewChief 10-19-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6187452)
Really? I've seen the trailer and thought it looked janky as hell. Like a cheesy Blair Witch wannabe...

Reviews have been very positive. Evidently it starts out slow then builds until the last 30 minutes are incredibly intense. Even the negative reviews I've read have said the last 30 minutes are very scary.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 10:02 AM

Ok, so i saw this last night.

It's a good movie. A ton of suspense. It takes a little while to get going, but once it gets going it's pretty creepy. I'll admit that even though it's a good film, i was a little disappointed. After reading the reviews and hearing the commentary from some people i know, i really thought it was going to be SCARY. It's not, well, unless you really believe in demonic spirits.

I suggest watching it, it's creepy as hell. Especially the end.

NewChief 10-20-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6190742)
Ok, so i saw this last night.

It's a good movie. A ton of suspense. It takes a little while to get going, but once it gets going it's pretty creepy. I'll admit that even though it's a good film, i was a little disappointed. After reading the reviews and hearing the commentary from some people i know, i really thought it was going to be SCARY. It's not, well, unless you really believe in demonic spirits.

I suggest watching it, it's creepy as hell. Especially the end.

Yeah, I hate getting hyped up too much for movies, especially scary ones. I'm inevitably disappointed. That happened for The Ring. I would have been much more impressed with it, if I hadn't listened to people talking about how awesomely scary it was for a month before going to see it.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6190760)
Yeah, I hate getting hyped up too much for movies, especially scary ones. I'm inevitably disappointed. That happened for The Ring. I would have been much more impressed with it, if I hadn't listened to people talking about how awesomely scary it was for a month before going to see it.

Yep, that's exactly what happened for me with this movie. The end of the movie was definatly cool though.

If you liked Blair Witch, you'll like this. Same kind of movie, but i think this one is made much better. Much creepier and it didn't rely on it's marketing. Also, knowing that it was made w/ only a 20K budget also makes me respect the film a bit more. Cool, unique film, but don't believe the hype that it's SCARY.

MVChiefFan 10-20-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6190808)
Yep, that's exactly what happened for me with this movie. The end of the movie was definatly cool though.

If you liked Blair Witch, you'll like this. Same kind of movie, but i think this one is made much better. Much creepier and it didn't rely on it's marketing. Also, knowing that it was made w/ only a 20K budget also makes me respect the film a bit more. Cool, unique film, but don't believe the hype that it's SCARY.

I'm seriously not being a smartass but what's your definitions of creepy and scary? On one hand you say it's not scary at all but then you also say it's really creepy and creepy as hell. I'm going to go watch it tonight and I'm just curious as to what the difference is.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6191113)
I'm seriously not being a smartass but what's your definitions of creepy and scary? On one hand you say it's not scary at all but then you also say it's really creepy and creepy as hell. I'm going to go watch it tonight and I'm just curious as to what the difference is.

I define scary as something that startles me. And i don't mean the kind of startle you get when something jumps out at you. I mean the kind you get when something is so freaky to look at that you turn away from it for a second. I know it was a scary movie when i go home and im paranoid when the lights go out. This movie didn't do that to me. Did it to my girl though. She woke me up in the middle of the night because she was freaked out. She claims she had similar experiences to what we saw in the movie. She had her hands over her eyes through most of the movie.

This movie scared the Jesus back into another friend of ours. Literaly. Apparently, (this is according to his sister) after watching the movie, this guy we know was unable to sleep that night. He had to grab his crucifix and re-establish his relationship with god in order to feel comfortable in his own bed again.

This movie didn't have that kind of effect on me. And judging by the crowd's reaction at the end, it didn't have that affect on very many people. But, the movie keeps you going all the way till the end. It has a ton of suspense, and when the aberration makes itself known, it's a trip.

SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER HERE

It's not scary, because you never actually see anything, really. Which is part of the genious of the movie, and makes it so creepy. Like when you see the footprints in the room. You see footprints going in, but you never see the footprints go out. So you know, whatever it is, is still in the room. But nothing actually ever happens. That kind of creepy, ya know?

Or when the girl wakes up in the middle of the night, stands at the foot of the bed and just stares at her husband for a few hours and then goes back to sleep. That kind of creepy.

It's a great movie. It's well made. I just wouldn't define it as "scary", the same way i wouldn't define Blair Witch as "Scary"

Fish 10-20-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6191287)
This movie scared the Jesus back into another friend of ours. Literaly. Apparently, (this is according to his sister) after watching the movie, this guy we know was unable to sleep that night. He had to grab his crucifix and re-establish his relationship with god in order to feel comfortable in his own bed again.

ROFL

Seriously?? Over a movie?

MVChiefFan 10-20-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6191287)
I define scary as something that startles me. And i don't mean the kind of startle you get when something jumps out at you. I mean the kind you get when something is so freaky to look at that you turn away from it for a second. I know it was a scary movie when i go home and im paranoid when the lights go out. This movie didn't do that to me. Did it to my girl though. She woke me up in the middle of the night because she was freaked out. She claims she had similar experiences to what we saw in the movie. She had her hands over her eyes through most of the movie.

This movie didn't have that kind of effect on me. And judging by the crowd's reaction at the end, it didn't have that affect on very many people. But, the movie keeps you going all the way till the end. It has a ton of suspense, and when the aberration makes itself known, it's a trip.

SOMEWHAT OF A SPOILER HERE

It's not scary, because you never actually see anything, really. Which is part of the genious of the movie, and makes it so creepy. Like when you see the footprints in the room. You see footprints going in, but you never see the footprints go out. So you know, whatever it is, is still in the room. But nothing actually ever happens. That kind of creepy, ya know?

Or when the girl wakes up in the middle of the night, stands at the foot of the bed and just stares at her husband for a few hours and then goes back to sleep. That kind of creepy.

It's a great movie. It's well made. I just wouldn't define it as "scary", the same way i wouldn't define Blair Witch as "Scary"

OK, gotcha. I think I understand what your saying. I'm excited to see it though, it should be interesting.

Lzen 10-20-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6186824)
Just got back from seeing this... woah. The last 30 minutes were ridiculously unnerving.
Horror is my bag ,but I am still spooked after seeing this.

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/trailer.html

My son came back from watching that last night and said something like he just watched the freakiest scary movie ever.

Pink Paradise 2010 10-20-2009 02:06 PM

i saw that movie the other day, i was on the edge of my seat the whole movie. i could not sleep so well that night. it makes you think though....

CoMoChief 10-20-2009 02:09 PM

This was a ****ing reeruned movie. Much like the Blair Witch Project IMO.

Lzen 10-20-2009 02:10 PM

Blair Witch was creepy and scary the first time I saw it. A while after that, it was kind of funny more than scary.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6191327)
ROFL

Seriously?? Over a movie?

Yeah. Hilarious, i know. But his reaction is part of what made me want to see it. Needless to say, i'm not sure why was acting like such a bitch.

ModSocks 10-20-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 6191447)
This was a ****ing reeruned movie. Much like the Blair Witch Project IMO.

I wouldn't call it reeruned. I thought it was pretty good. There really wasn't anything wrong with it. The ending was a little abrupt, but that's about it. Much better than any horror/suspense movie that Hollywood has put out recently.

Easy 6 10-20-2009 08:02 PM

I'm looking forward to this one, i'll definitely go see it.

Another one along the same lines i've seen advertised is something like 'Alien Abduction' or something like that, the trailer was being shown alot during football breaks sunday.

ModSocks 10-21-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 6192226)
I'm looking forward to this one, i'll definitely go see it.

Another one along the same lines i've seen advertised is something like 'Alien Abduction' or something like that, the trailer was being shown alot during football breaks sunday.

That one looks cool. SO does the "Fourth Kind"

Easy 6 10-21-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6193062)
That one looks cool. SO does the "Fourth Kind"

Thats it, thx...

Pink Paradise 2010 10-21-2009 10:24 PM

this movie was one of the best movies i have ever seen. its a good movie, and "clean" cut... thats all there is to it

007 10-21-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6190808)

Blair Witch was so damned boring I fell asleep in it. I guess I dont' even need to bother with this one.

KcMizzou 10-21-2009 11:23 PM

Saw it. It was creepy as hell with one, "OH SWEET JESUS WTF!!" moment. Goosebumps aplenty.

If you don't see it in a theater, watch it alone in the dark. (No distractions.)

KCrockaholic 10-21-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6195226)
Saw it. It was creepy as hell with one, "OH SWEET JESUS WTF!!" moment. Goosebumps aplenty.

If you don't see it in a theater, watch it alone in the dark. (No distractions.)

I totally agree.

I saw it the night it came out, the theatre wasnt packed for some reason. But it was awesome. I enjoyed all of it. I would say it was one of the best scary movies in the last 5 years.

Saccopoo 10-21-2009 11:47 PM

So this is basically a rip off of The Entity crossed with the low budget indy cult appeal of The Blair Witch project? The trailers were almost identical to those of TBWP.

KCrockaholic 10-21-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195250)
So this is basically a rip off of The Entity crossed with the low budget indy cult appeal of The Blair Witch project? The trailers were almost identical to those of TBWP.

Blair Witch project sucked ass. This on the other hand was truly entertaining and kept me glued for 100 minutes.

Edit: Only thing similar is that they were both shot with one camera.

Saccopoo 10-21-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6195253)
Blair Witch project sucked ass. This on the other hand was truly entertaining and kept me glued for 100 minutes.

Edit: Only thing similar is that they were both shot with one camera.

The only thing that the Blair Witch Project did was to remind me that Dramamine are still relevant. I damn near became nauseous from motion sickness with that dumbass camera being bounced around so much.

Galileo Humpkins 10-22-2009 12:07 AM

That's 97 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

KCrockaholic 10-22-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195262)
The only thing that the Blair Witch Project did was to remind me that Dramamine are still relevant. I damn near became nauseous from motion sickness with that dumbass camera being bounced around so much.

The camera isnt as shaky in this one. Its on a stand half the time anyways.

I suggest going to see it. If youve ever encountered a ghost, or believe in ghost/spirits it will probably freak you out. Seeing it in theatres is the way to go. On a normal TV, things around you might distract you. You gotta be somewhat zoned in.

Saccopoo 10-22-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6195282)

I suggest going to see it. If youve ever encountered a ghost, or believe in ghost/spirits it will probably freak you out. Seeing it in theatres is the way to go. On a normal TV, things around you might distract you. You gotta be somewhat zoned in.

I saw what I assume was a UFO this past spring (never seen anything like it or have even heard of anything that looked like it - military or civilian), but I've never seen a ghost. However, a friend of mine is completely convinced that his house is haunted. His daughter woke up one night and saw a woman sitting on the end of her bed in what appeared to be clothes and items from what a person would wear in a mid 19th century tuberculosis camp. They've had items fly off counters, broken glasses during the middle of the night, wine bottles being uncorked while in the rack and pouring out all over the floor, etc. I've spent the night at his house several times, and never encountered anything, but knowing him and his family the way I do, I can't imagine them making that kind of shit up.

unlurking 10-22-2009 05:29 AM

So if you think Ghost Hunters is only out-gheyed by shows like Housewives of Atlanta and hated Blair Witch, I'm assuming this movie rates a "skip"?

InChiefsHeaven 10-22-2009 06:39 AM

I'd like to see this one, but the wife will never go for it. Maybe I'll bring my son. I'll have to see if it's even in theaters around Omaha...

kepp 10-22-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 6195341)
So if you think Ghost Hunters is only out-gheyed by shows like Housewives of Atlanta and hated Blair Witch, I'm assuming this movie rates a "skip"?

ROFL I'm guessing probably so.

MVChiefFan 10-22-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195302)
I saw what I assume was a UFO this past spring (never seen anything like it or have even heard of anything that looked like it - military or civilian), but I've never seen a ghost. However, a friend of mine is completely convinced that his house is haunted. His daughter woke up one night and saw a woman sitting on the end of her bed in what appeared to be clothes and items from what a person would wear in a mid 19th century tuberculosis camp. They've had items fly off counters, broken glasses during the middle of the night, wine bottles being uncorked while in the rack and pouring out all over the floor, etc. I've spent the night at his house several times, and never encountered anything, but knowing him and his family the way I do, I can't imagine them making that kind of shit up.

Why the hell are ghosts always wearing this kind of clothing? You never hear of a dude standing at the end of your bed dressed in a leisure suit holding a lava lamp.

Saccopoo 10-22-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6195503)
Why the hell are ghosts always wearing this kind of clothing? You never hear of a dude standing at the end of your bed dressed in a leisure suit holding a lava lamp.

Because, unfortunately, most of those guys are still alive, in their 50's and are living the dream.

http://3oceansrealestate.com/blog/wp...isco-guy-2.jpg

Saccopoo 10-22-2009 08:58 AM

But what a dream it was...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-6oZdgG5N8...ah-fawcett.jpg

http://www.carphotos.org//gallery/da...s_am-front.jpg

http://www.indyprideinc.com/circleci...es/disco99.jpg

MVChiefFan 10-22-2009 09:28 AM

ROFL Nice Saccopoo! Nice!

ModSocks 10-22-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 6195341)

Yeah, u should avoid it then.

ModSocks 10-22-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195262)

Ever watched Cloverfield?

ModSocks 10-22-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 6195282)

I think this is it right here. If you believe in ghosts and demons and the paranormal, i think this movie has the ability to really put a scare in you. If the paranormal is not your thing, it'll still be a good movie for you, but you'll probably view it as more of a good suspense movie rather than a horror movie. And yes, if you watch it at home, you'll have to turn off the lights and put the kids to sleep first. Then, at night, you'll probably think every strange noise is a Demon. My girlfriend still wakes up at night now, and we saw this movie Monday. Last night, she thought someone was walking into our room......

Easy 6 10-22-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 6195250)

Now theres a good horror movie, made all the more so by the documentation surrounding it. IMO, its impossible to guffaw this story off.

And the book is even better.

MikeMaslowski 11-27-2009 08:12 PM

Eff you and all you emmeffers, why didnt you warn me. Im glad i searched this before i posted a thread. I just watched this goddamned movie. WTF. JFC. Its ****in 3 am here and im being a girl. fuck this mutherfkin movie.

KcMizzou 11-27-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 6298556)
Eff you and all you emmeffers, why didnt you warn me. Im glad i searched this before i posted a thread. I just watched this goddamned movie. WTF. JFC. Its ****in 3 am here and im being a girl. fuck this mutherfkin movie.

LMAO

Fun though...

Slow... dull... yawn... JFCWTF!!!

KcMizzou 11-27-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6195226)

My earlier post.

MikeMaslowski 11-27-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6298566)
LMAO

Fun though...

Slow... dull... yawn... JFCWTF!!!

It's so fugged.. I put on Demolition Man to get my mind off of it. Old school Stallone and Snipes will cure my ills.

MikeMaslowski 11-27-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6298571)
My earlier post.

I forgot to consult with CP before I watched this stupid fugging thing. ****

Otter 11-27-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 6298556)

Where are you watching it at 3am? Send me a link. :D

Otter 11-29-2009 07:45 AM

I went to go see this yesterday with my girl and while it's somewhat creepy it wore off pretty quick. There's no depth to the movie at all. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars for nothing else but being creepy.

On a side note I didn't go to bed until 3am from playing video games and decided to making a growling noise and grab Amy's foot and pull it off the bed which resulted in a heal to the side of the head.

She didn't find it funny and left early. I thought it was hilarious. I'll be paying for that all day.

Crush 11-29-2009 08:08 AM

Everyone, I highly recommend The Last Broadcast. It came out a year before Blair Witch and is still the best, in my view, of these "documentary-style" horror films. It simply does not get the recognition that it deserves.

However, I must warn you that the ending absolutely sucks balls. It absolutely has the worst possible ending. When the narrator/film maker announces that the video lady is done restoring the last of the lost footage, do yourself a favor by turning it off. Make up your own ending and leave it at that.

Other than the abomination of the ending, I highly recommend this movie.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/5563/tlbsquew.jpg

Crush 11-29-2009 08:14 AM

In fact, it is currently on Youtube for your viewing pleasure.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvkw6C4qThM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvkw6C4qThM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vl_QsBkjYF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vl_QsBkjYF4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwzjekFggp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qwzjekFggp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDFsgC8DBE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aDFsgC8DBE4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6oSIppVEMXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6oSIppVEMXE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Crush 11-29-2009 08:16 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHzsxJFxpMA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHzsxJFxpMA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iq995JSW17s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iq995JSW17s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQUSyhnXArw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQUSyhnXArw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dpn98YAETc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1dpn98YAETc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Crush 11-29-2009 08:19 AM

Sorry about the thread jack, but I thought some of you might be interested in it.

InChiefsHeaven 01-11-2010 12:13 AM

just finished "The Last Broadcast". It pretty much sucked compared to Blair Witch and even Paranormal Activity. The whole time I'm expecting something really cool, and then you are left with what may be the worst ending I've ever seen.

I finally watched PA the other night. While I found the ending lacking (both of them) I thought it was a pretty good scare. I have gone to bed the last 2 nights, and images from PA are with me. That's how I judge a movie, by how long it stays with me. I tend to get into the possible reality of these types of situations and try to think what it would be like to actually be there. PA and BW were very good for that. Last Broadcast was interesting, but ultimately failed big time. JMO.

-King- 01-11-2010 12:22 AM

Paranormal activity is overrated to me. It's scary, but not to the level people make it.

But scariest part was when she "woke up" and just stood over the bed for hours on end. Imagine being the husband and waking up to that. Holy shit lol.

KcMizzou 01-11-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6433371)
Paranormal activity is overrated to me. It's scary, but not to the level people make it.

But scariest part was when she "woke up" and just stood over the bed for hours on end. Imagine being the husband and waking up to that. Holy shit lol.

Yeah. "Sorry, I love you hun... but I'd better kill you before you kill me."

-King- 01-11-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6433376)
Yeah. "Sorry, I love you hun... but I'd better kill you before you kill me."

Lmao no kidding.

InChiefsHeaven 01-11-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6433371)

Yeah, it was an eerie movie, with a few truly chilling moments, that being one of them. The idea of her standing there staring for hours was pretty un-nerving.

Regardless, it was pretty compelling, I wanted to see how it would end. Still think Blair Witch ruled over all of them though.

Deberg_1990 07-26-2011 04:09 PM

Paranormal Activity 3 trailer is out. They are really doing a job with a "continuity" storyline with these.

<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1810189441%2Fvideo%2F26034143&vid=26034 143"></iframe></div>

InChiefsHeaven 07-27-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7774934)
Paranormal Activity 3 trailer is out. They are really doing a job with a "continuity" storyline with these.

<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1810189441%2Fvideo%2F26034143&vid=26034 143"></iframe></div>

BLoody Mary...really...that's what they came up with...

...I never saw part 2. Part 1 was a good scare, pretty un-nerving at times. I heard part 2 was even worse on your brain...anybody confirm that?

To me, the minute you start having sequels to these types of movies, it sorta takes away from the supposed "realism" of them. That's why I never bothered with part 2.

Deberg_1990 07-27-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7776493)
BLoody Mary...really...that's what they came up with...

...I never saw part 2. Part 1 was a good scare, pretty un-nerving at times. I heard part 2 was even worse on your brain...anybody confirm that?

To me, the minute you start having sequels to these types of movies, it sorta takes away from the supposed "realism" of them. That's why I never bothered with part 2.

The 2nd one is actually pretty good. Its set about a month before the 1st movie. There is a nice continuing storyline with a few of the characters....this new trailer implies that they will be showing an incident that occured during the childhood of some of the main characters...it was briefly mentioned in the earlier movies.

rocknrolla 07-27-2011 07:33 AM

When I was a kid. We used to sat redrum. Not bloody mary.

InChiefsHeaven 07-27-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7776558)
When I was a kid. We used to sat redrum. Not bloody mary.

Oh, when I was a kid, it was Bloody Mary. And you did it in the dark as well. It's funny, I haven't thought of Bloody Mary in a long time.

listopencil 07-27-2011 03:47 PM

Same Bloody Mary that we did as a kid?

Late at night you'd go into the bathroom and stare at the mirror. While staring at the mirror, you reach over and turn off the light so your face is the last thing you see. Has to be completely dark. Then you chant "Bloody Mary" thirteen times and turn on the light. Supposedly you will see her face in the mirror. Either replacing yours or right over your shoulder looking at you. Of course the power of suggestion makes you see something that will scare the living shit out of you as a kid, lol. Good times.

ReynardMuldrake 10-16-2011 09:00 PM

Just noticed this thread. People seriously thought the ending was scary? I thought it was one of the lamer endings I've seen, and it completely killed the tension. At the part where she gets dragged out of bed I busted out laughing, it was so ridiculous looking. They ran out of ideas at that point and I pretty much guessed everything else before it happened.

QuikSsurfer 10-17-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8000470)
Just noticed this thread. People seriously thought the ending was scary? I thought it was one of the lamer endings I've seen, and it completely killed the tension. At the part where she gets dragged out of bed I busted out laughing, it was so ridiculous looking. They ran out of ideas at that point and I pretty much guessed everything else before it happened.

Cool

Lzen 10-17-2011 02:23 PM

I thought it was kinda scary. Just watched part 2 yesterday. About the same. Worth a rental.

ThaVirus 10-17-2011 03:42 PM

The Paranormals are the type of movie I like to see in theaters, being that I don't have a surround sound system. The tension is much more effective with the bass up loud..

Deberg_1990 10-17-2011 04:25 PM

I really like these movies. I just watched both of them about 5 or 6 months ago back to back. I think i liked the 2nd one a little better. I love that they use old fashioned scares with no gore. They also seem to be developing some decent continuity in the series.

ThaVirus 10-21-2011 12:03 AM

Just saw this tonight. If you liked the other two, I'd highly recommend this one..

Spoiler!

QuikSsurfer 10-22-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8021323)
Just saw this tonight. If you liked the other two, I'd highly recommend this one..

Spoiler!

I agree with everything here. My lady friend and I saw this last night.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-22-2011 11:09 AM

I took my wife to see this last night. Not bad. A lot of the same stuff. Still a good scare I guess. I freaked out my wife in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the bathroom she asks what are you doing, I said I'm gonna get Toby something to eat he's hungry lol. Got smacked.

Rausch 10-22-2011 11:26 AM

Did I hit a time warp?

Where is this playing like 3 years later?...

lcarus 10-22-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8036280)
Did I hit a time warp?

Where is this playing like 3 years later?...

They have a 3rd one out this year. Somehow it got greenlit....

ThaVirus 10-22-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8036645)
They have a 3rd one out this year. Somehow it got greenlit....

Are you serious? Probably because it costs them less than $100,000 to film it and they make over a $100 million.. Or maybe because they're the freshest thing in the horror genre since the first two Saws. Idk.

Bump 10-23-2011 10:31 AM

I really liked the 1st one, I just watched the 2nd one and that sucked ass. No tension, no suspense, nothing to keep me interested. All that build up and then practically nothing.

Tribal Warfare 10-23-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8021323)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 10-23-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8039100)
Spoiler!

You know, I never thought about that until after I saw the movie and checked the IMDB boards. That could possibly be a point of interest in the next movie, if they decide to go that route...

Also:
Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 10-24-2011 02:22 AM

biggest haul ever for a horror flick at 54 million after the weekend

ThaVirus 10-24-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8044049)
biggest haul ever for a horror flick at 54 million after the weekend

... And they probably spent 10 times less making it. CASH COW!