ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Does anyone actually think OU has a shot in hell at beating Florida? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197993)

Red Dawg 12-07-2008 10:00 PM

Does anyone actually think OU has a shot in hell at beating Florida?

I don't. Florida is going to kill them. Alabama's defense only got them to punt on time. OU's defense is not nearly as good.

Florida is more than fast enough to halt the OU offense as well. Stoops will be denied again.

Texas got robbed. They had a tougher schedule and beat OU. BCS is so full of shit. USC would have been a better choice to face Florida.

suds79 12-07-2008 10:03 PM

I think your selling OU a pinch short. ;)

"Florida is more than fast enough to halt the OU offense as well."

Speed won't help them much if they're getting mauled by that O-line.

I think this is going to be a fabulous game.

ChiefsCountry 12-07-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 5277961)
Texas got robbed. They had a tougher schedule and beat OU.

Than OU? :rolleyes: Go look at OU's schedule.

Mecca 12-07-2008 10:04 PM

Remember what WV did to OU...yea picture that but Florida has better talent on defense.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2008 10:05 PM

i give OU a chance ...... i would actually have them "favored" if they didn't have such a habit of choking lately.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-07-2008 10:05 PM

Yes.

Florida is going to have a damned tough time getting pressure on OU, just like everyone else has. Bradford will have all day to throw and he has 5 playmakers at skill positions on every snap (combined with 3 lineman who will be 1st-3rd round picks).

ohiobronco2 12-07-2008 10:06 PM

Oklahoma has one hell of an O-line. If you're strong up front and your QB has all day to throw the ball, you always have a shot.

the Talking Can 12-07-2008 10:08 PM

sure, OU has a better OL and a better QB....

Mecca 12-07-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5277992)
sure, OU has a better OL and a better QB....

I'm not sure I agree with that as far as the college level goes....OU has a bad defense and Tebow in Florida's scheme is a monster.

BWillie 12-07-2008 10:10 PM

This year is a new year. There is a reason Oklahoma scored the more points than any other team in the history of college football this year. To say OU has no shot to win the game is asinine. OU's O-line is the best in college football.

BWillie 12-07-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5277994)
I'm not sure I agree with that as far as the college level goes....OU has a bad defense and Tebow in Florida's scheme is a monster.

Yeah, OU's scheme just looks like sh*t. Scoring 60 plus points in the last five games and everything.

Mecca 12-07-2008 10:12 PM

There is something about the way they coach that when teams have a month to prepare they know what they're doing.....

OU has proved for 6 years now they aren't a big game team.

Mecca 12-07-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5278006)
Yeah, OU's scheme just looks like sh*t. Scoring 60 plus points in the last five games and everything.

Well everyone including Tim Tebow jokes about playing the Big 12 defenses because they suck ass...

suds79 12-07-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5277994)

I disagree to a certain point.

1 - I don't think OU's D is as bad as you think it is. When you've played in the big 12 this year, your defensive stats will suffer.

2 - OU has seen Florida's scheme all year. They've had lots of chances to play against the spread.

3 - IMO Florida hasn't played against a team of this quality yet. Alabama - Overrated. OU I think you could easily make the argument that they have played team(s) as good as Florida.

Mecca 12-07-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 5278016)
I disagree to a certain point.

1 - I don't think OU's D is as bad as you think it is. When you've played in the big 12 this year, your defensive stats will suffer.

2 - OU has seen Florida's scheme all year. They've had lots of chances to play against the spread.

3 - IMO Florida hasn't played against a team of this quality yet. Alabama - Overrated. OU I think you could easily make the argument that they have played team(s) as good as Florida.

Like I said there are numerous players including Tebow that made off handed jokes about the kind of numbers they'd have if they got to play the crappy Big 12 defenses.