ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Stone Temple Pilots fire lead singer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270463)

DaneMcCloud 03-08-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9477927)
Just saw this and I literally laughed out loud.

Oh, irony...

I love GN'R and I love STP.

VR was two great tastes that didn't go well together.

I thought both VR records were crap, especially the second record. Slash hated the production on the first album and said that Josh Abraham didn't know how to record guitars (So then why did you hire him?). The songs were weak and boring and they literally wrong some songs to sound like older GNR and Stone Temple Pilots. Why bother?

I actually heard the demos with Josh and Keith and believe it or not, they were really cool. I liked them better than the records with Weiland. Sure, they were 80's sounding but IMO, it worked.

DaneMcCloud 03-08-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9477927)
Like Audioslave. Love Rage, love Soundgarden.

Not so much together.

Chemistry is a mother****er.

I loved the first Audioslave record and still do. Some of the later songs on the record are just outright dark and angry. I dig 'em.

I didn't care much for the second record overall and thought the third was better, but it didn't really work, either. The band would jam their stuff, while Chris was a in a corner writing something on acoustic guitar. You can hear on the second and third record that they're slowing becoming the Chris Cornell solo band, which is why they ultimately broke up.

Brock 03-08-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9477941)
I thought both VR records were crap, especially the second record. Slash hated the production on the first album and said that Josh Abraham didn't know how to record guitars (So then why did you hire him?). The songs were weak and boring and they literally wrong some songs to sound like older GNR and Stone Temple Pilots. Why bother?

I actually heard the demos with Josh and Keith and believe it or not, they were really cool. I liked them better than the records with Weiland. Sure, they were 80's sounding but IMO, it worked.

Imo, if they couldn't get izzy, they shoulda stayed home.

SAUTO 03-08-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9474236)
I don't think it'll ever happen. Both have too much money, so that won't be a draw and they really don't like each other, at all. Hate is the more appropriate word.

Slash is happy with his current band with Myles and if he ever gets bored with touring and putting out albums every year, he'll likely turn to film scoring.

I read slash's book and I fully agree with you here
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 03-08-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9477947)
I loved the first Audioslave record and still do. Some of the later songs on the record are just outright dark and angry. I dig 'em.

I didn't care much for the second record overall and thought the third was better, but it didn't really work, either. The band would jam their stuff, while Chris was a in a corner writing something on acoustic guitar. You can hear on the second and third record that they're slowing becoming the Chris Cornell solo band, which is why they ultimately broke up.

I love the first album still to this day too. And hate the last two
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser 11-18-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9478042)
Imo, if they couldn't get izzy, they shoulda stayed home.

Izzy's solo albums kick ass.

love River, JuJu Hounds, Miami, Ride On, Wave of Heat, and 117 Degrees. Real cool Stonesy vibe. You can definitely tell he was the 'Guns' in GN'R.

'new STP' sucks, btw. That's why I bumped this thread. It's AWFUL.