ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Donks release Javon Walker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180962)

raybec 4 02-29-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4608419)
99.9% of Chief fans hate Carl Peterson and want him fired. I don't hear a whole lot of bitching about Shanahan.

My boss is from Denver and is a Donk fan, he thinks Shanny walks on water

vailpass 02-29-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

99.9% of Chief fans hate Carl Peterson and want him fired. I don't hear a whole lot of bitching about Shanahan.

I know, I was just phacking with ya.

Speaking for myself I am okay with some of Shanny's moves not panning out because right or wrong he at least is always active. He comes out ahead in most of the trades/deals he makes and takes his shots to try for the next SB ring. IN today's NFL you never know how a player is going to pan out. Javon Walker turned into a whiny bitch girl when he lost his #1 slot to a young gun.
Phock him, it isn't Shanny's fault Walker would rather cry than try.

If anything I would like to see him a little less active in the FA market and concentrate more on building some young guys like he did last year.

vailpass 02-29-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4608422)
FYP

ROFL

smittysbar 02-29-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4608414)
I don't know, why don't we ask Carl Peterson what he thinks?

ROFL

Mile High Mania 02-29-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4608411)
When is Pat Bowlin and the fans going to start to hold Shanahan responsible for all his ****ups? Pretty much every decision he has made at least in FA sucks ass. His drafts haven't fared much better either.

Shanahan isn't hitting on 100% of his moves, but ... he has more successes than failures. And, he is more active than the average coach when it comes to changing things. Is it over the top sometimes? Possibly, but you can't say he is ever just "content".

I'm not going to fault him for taking a chance and failing...

The Plummer experiment was interesting, but you can't argue with the wins during that tenure. The revolving door at RB has been frustrating, but they've been successful more often than not.

The trade for Bailey worked... signing guys via FA like Lynch, Stokely and others have worked. There have been a fair share of failures as well during that time.

I look at the drafts and yes, there have been a number of misses. However, he's hit on several as well over the years.

The 2006 class is something that looks to be very nice.

<TABLE _extended="true"><TBODY _extended="true"><TR class=majorHeader _extended="true"><TD class=colors colSpan=5 _extended="true">2006 - Denver Broncos</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TH class=rdTD _extended="true">Rd</TH><TH class=selTD _extended="true">Sel #</TH><TH class=playerTD _extended="true">Player</TH><TH class=positionTD _extended="true">Position</TH><TH _extended="true">School</TH></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">1</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">11</TD><TD _extended="true">Jay Cutler</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">QB</TD><TD _extended="true">Vanderbilt</TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">2</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">61</TD><TD _extended="true">Tony Scheffler</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">TE</TD><TD _extended="true">Western Michigan</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">4</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">119</TD><TD _extended="true">Brandon Marshall</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">WR</TD><TD _extended="true">Central Florida</TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">4</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">126</TD><TD _extended="true">Elvis Dumervil</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">DE</TD><TD _extended="true">Louisville</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">4</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">130</TD><TD _extended="true">Domenik Hixon</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">WR</TD><TD _extended="true">Akron</TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">5</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">161</TD><TD _extended="true">Chris Kuper</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">G</TD><TD _extended="true">North Dakota</TD></TR><TR _extended="true"><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">6</TD><TD class=centeralign _extended="true">198</TD><TD _extended="true">Greg Eslinger</TD><TD class=positionTD _extended="true">C</TD><TD _extended="true">Minnesota</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

There were some forgettable drafts without a doubt in the years before 2005 and you see that now with the holes on the team.

I'm not saying the guy hasn't failed at times, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because to be honest... I'm not sure I like the idea of not having Shanahan as the coach right now.

2007 was only the 2nd losing season for Denver since 1995... that's a nice history of not sucking and something that speaks well to his ability to field a team that is better than "just average".

We'll see what happens this season.

Silock 02-29-2008 03:11 PM

I'd say 2006 was a good draft for the Donks.

bowener 02-29-2008 03:26 PM

I thought I read earlier this offseason that Walker wanted out of Denver over some bad blood and the fact that he said everywhere he looks he sees D. Williams. That would suck I think.

Sure-Oz 02-29-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 4608481)
I thought I read earlier this offseason that Walker wanted out of Denver over some bad blood and the fact that he said everywhere he looks he sees D. Williams. That would suck I think.

that'd be pretty effed up

The Poz 02-29-2008 03:32 PM

read this on rotoworld:
Broncos released WR Javon Walker, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.
He's a big name, but Walker's contract and knee injury made it an easy choice by Denver. That no one chose to give up a late-round pick for Walker is telling. It's rumored that he could need microfracture surgery in the future, although he will have plenty of suitors lined up with MRI machines. Dallas, Washington, Philadelphia, and Tampa Bay have been rumored to be interested.

ClevelandBronco 02-29-2008 03:35 PM

One season too late.

Miles 02-29-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

I don't hear a whole lot of bitching about Shanahan.

There is plenty of it going on around Denver.

rtmike 02-29-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 4608481)

I remember reading shortly after D.Williams was shot that Walker wanted out but was talked into staying. :shrug:

Frankie 02-29-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 4608518)
I remember reading shortly after D.Williams was shot that Walker wanted out but was talked into staying. :shrug:

Maybe a change of scenery will help him. I say if he's reasonably priced and passes our physical, why not?

dirk digler 02-29-2008 04:10 PM

My question for vali and MHM is how much longer do you give Shanahan?

ClevelandBronco 02-29-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 4608549)
My question for vali and MHM is how much longer do you give Shanahan?

He has it as long as he wants it.

Two seasons more at the least would be my guess.