ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chris Weinke (IMG Academy) Talks with Danny Parkins about upcoming QB class. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269436)

ChiTown 01-29-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9361098)
Unless Bray is a reerun in interviews he will be a top 15 pick.

I don't know about that. I don't think he gets taken until the 2nd rd.

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361069)
Weinke said up to 5 QB prospects could go in the first round. Better get ours ****ing first.

I have no idea how many QBs will be taken, but with 8 teams in the top 10 potentially looking at QB, if im the Chiefs, no way do I let one of the top 2 or 3 get away.

Chiefs
Jags
Raiders
Eagles
Browns
Cardinals
Bills
Jets

Any of those teams need a QB.

tooge 01-29-2013 09:08 AM

they mentioned Weinke during the senior bowl. Said he was one of the most respected QB gurus right now and he is very high on Geno

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:29 AM

Rob Rang said if there's a QB in this draft you like, you have to take him at #1.

He said EVERY team is going to be looking to trade into the bottom of the 1st to pick up the leftovers.

He thinks the top 5 or 6 guys will ALL go in the 1st round.

The Franchise 01-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361177)
Rob Rang said if there's a QB in this draft you like, you have to take him at #1.

He said EVERY team is going to be looking to trade into the bottom of the 1st to pick up the leftovers.

He thinks the top 5 or 6 guys will ALL go in the 1st round.

****ing hell....Christian Ponder went in the top 15.....and Geno Smith is light years ahead of Ponder.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 10:14 AM

Here's my real concern.

He said immediately that "There's a number of guys" that could be worthy discussing at the #1 overall pick.

Sorry, but that's just not true. That Senior bowl was !@#$ing ghastly and the regular season never did sell me on Wilson or Barkley.

"If everyone is special, then no one is special..."

If he thinks there are a bunch of guys in this draft worthy of the #1 pick, then I think he's just a bit of a smoke-blower and can't give him full weight on his discussions of Geno Smith.

Chiefnj2 01-29-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361069)
I think this is going play out very good for Geno Smith & even Tyler Wilson to be working with Chris Weinke. The draft stock is going to go up from the combine.

I can see the first three picks being

1) Geno Smith Kansas City

2) Tyler Wilson Jackoffville Jaguares

3) Matt Barkley ****stick raiders

Weinke said up to 5 QB prospects could go in the first round. Better get ours ****ing first.

Of course Weinke is saying that, he makes money training these guys. Why would he say "hey kids spend thousands (let your agent front you thousands) to train with me and I'll get you drafted on days 2 and 3!" Of course he is going to talk these guys up. He's been training Wilson since the season ended, Smith since he signed with an agent after the Pinstripe and Barkley is coming in soon. It's his job to hype these guys up.

ForeverChiefs58 01-29-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9361098)
Unless Bray is a reerun in interviews he will be a top 15 pick.

Maybe he'll offer to show them his tat?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9KwDfIktS8...brayTattoo.jpg

Mr. Laz 01-29-2013 10:17 AM

completely bias

He is making money off these guys

The higher they get drafted, the better he looks

Geno Smith is not like RGIII
Tyler Wilson is not Matt Stafford

I like Wilson/Smith but he is blowing smoke

both Wilson and Smith are a good fit for the 1st pick ... imagine that LMAO

dude is trying to get paid

ChiTown 01-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9361250)
Maybe he'll offer to show them his tat?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9KwDfIktS8...brayTattoo.jpg

Should have read: G A Y

Nightfyre 01-29-2013 10:30 AM

If Weinke has truly fixed Geno's footwork, look out. He will demonstrate so much more power on his throws.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9361291)
If Weinke has truly fixed Geno's footwork, look out. He will demonstrate so much more power on his throws.

Yup, that's a huge deal.

The only concern I have left with Geno is that I don't think he has much of a power arm. For all the hell that Alex Smith is taking, I'm not seeing much on Geno's tape to tell me that he can fire it with much more velocity than Alex.

That said, he does it while getting very little leg drive. If he's able to use his legs to generate power, he could be a truly outstanding prospect.

The Franchise 01-29-2013 10:45 AM

Maybe that's why Geno didn't elect to play in the Senior Bowl. Weinke is working with him on his footwork and Geno didn't want to go out there and revert back to his old ways.

Nirvana58 01-29-2013 10:52 AM

He did mention Wilson arm strength a couple times. I know a couple people like to question it but that was probably the first positive attribute out of his mouth. Well that and toughness. Flat out said he would love to have Wilson on his team. Completely bias opinion but I don't think he even mentioned arm strength with Geno but said it 2 or 3 times with Wilson. (Granted I skipped through parts of the interview so I could of missed something)

ForeverChiefs58 01-29-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361299)
Yup, that's a huge deal.

The only concern I have left with Geno is that I don't think he has much of a power arm. For all the hell that Alex Smith is taking, I'm not seeing much on Geno's tape to tell me that he can fire it with much more velocity than Alex.

That said, he does it while getting very little leg drive. If he's able to use his legs to generate power, he could be a truly outstanding prospect.

Really? I think one of his strengths is his deep ball.