ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chris Weinke (IMG Academy) Talks with Danny Parkins about upcoming QB class. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269436)

mdchiefsfan 01-29-2013 06:58 AM

Chris Weinke (IMG Academy) Talks with Danny Parkins about upcoming QB class.

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_...udioId=6212845

Pretty good stuff in here guys. Sorry if Q.

CoMoChief 01-29-2013 07:27 AM

no.....you're not sorry!

mdchiefsfan 01-29-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9360959)
no.....you're not sorry!

you got me

the Talking Can 01-29-2013 07:35 AM

he said smith was smart and can make every throw, and is as good a thrower as any QB he's trained..."as advanced as RG3 in processing information and making the throws"

why is he obsessed with us drafting a QB? he's not a GM...

Buehler445 01-29-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9360964)
he said smith was smart and can make every throw, and is as good a thrower as any QB he's trained

why is he obsessed with us drafting a QB? he's not a GM...

Partially because that's all they asked about.

But he said Smith was as good of passer as there is or has been.

the Talking Can 01-29-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9360965)
Partially because that's all they asked about.

But he said Smith was as good of passer as there is or has been.

it was snark..."you're not a GM" is the hot response right from 'serious posters'...

Buehler445 01-29-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9360968)
it was snark..."you're not a GM" is the hot response right from 'serious posters'...

Oh hell. LMAO I've been working too much I suppose.

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 07:47 AM

IM not a GM, but i play one on TV.

Bewbies 01-29-2013 08:13 AM

Not a GM, I love this place! LMAO

Rasputin 01-29-2013 08:39 AM

I think this is going play out very good for Geno Smith & even Tyler Wilson to be working with Chris Weinke. The draft stock is going to go up from the combine.

I can see the first three picks being

1) Geno Smith Kansas City

2) Tyler Wilson Jackoffville Jaguares

3) Matt Barkley ****stick raiders

Weinke said up to 5 QB prospects could go in the first round. Better get ours ****ing first.

arrowheadnoiser 01-29-2013 08:50 AM

I hope the Chiefs draft Geno Smith in the 1st and then Tyler Bray in the 3rd.

Bewbies 01-29-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnoiser (Post 9361089)

Unless Bray is a reerun in interviews he will be a top 15 pick.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9361098)

No he won't.

Rasputin 01-29-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnoiser (Post 9361089)

Good first post welcome to Chiefs Planet. Have some rep.

Now don't ever post again to **** that up.

Spoiler!

RealSNR 01-29-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Bray is a reerun. Sooo... that's a possibility

ChiTown 01-29-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

I don't know about that. I don't think he gets taken until the 2nd rd.

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361069)
Weinke said up to 5 QB prospects could go in the first round. Better get ours ****ing first.

I have no idea how many QBs will be taken, but with 8 teams in the top 10 potentially looking at QB, if im the Chiefs, no way do I let one of the top 2 or 3 get away.

Chiefs
Jags
Raiders
Eagles
Browns
Cardinals
Bills
Jets

Any of those teams need a QB.

tooge 01-29-2013 09:08 AM

they mentioned Weinke during the senior bowl. Said he was one of the most respected QB gurus right now and he is very high on Geno

htismaqe 01-29-2013 09:29 AM

Rob Rang said if there's a QB in this draft you like, you have to take him at #1.

He said EVERY team is going to be looking to trade into the bottom of the 1st to pick up the leftovers.

He thinks the top 5 or 6 guys will ALL go in the 1st round.

The Franchise 01-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361177)
Rob Rang said if there's a QB in this draft you like, you have to take him at #1.

He said EVERY team is going to be looking to trade into the bottom of the 1st to pick up the leftovers.

He thinks the top 5 or 6 guys will ALL go in the 1st round.

****ing hell....Christian Ponder went in the top 15.....and Geno Smith is light years ahead of Ponder.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 10:14 AM

Here's my real concern.

He said immediately that "There's a number of guys" that could be worthy discussing at the #1 overall pick.

Sorry, but that's just not true. That Senior bowl was !@#$ing ghastly and the regular season never did sell me on Wilson or Barkley.

"If everyone is special, then no one is special..."

If he thinks there are a bunch of guys in this draft worthy of the #1 pick, then I think he's just a bit of a smoke-blower and can't give him full weight on his discussions of Geno Smith.

Chiefnj2 01-29-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361069)
I think this is going play out very good for Geno Smith & even Tyler Wilson to be working with Chris Weinke. The draft stock is going to go up from the combine.

I can see the first three picks being

1) Geno Smith Kansas City

2) Tyler Wilson Jackoffville Jaguares

3) Matt Barkley ****stick raiders

Of course Weinke is saying that, he makes money training these guys. Why would he say "hey kids spend thousands (let your agent front you thousands) to train with me and I'll get you drafted on days 2 and 3!" Of course he is going to talk these guys up. He's been training Wilson since the season ended, Smith since he signed with an agent after the Pinstripe and Barkley is coming in soon. It's his job to hype these guys up.

ForeverChiefs58 01-29-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Maybe he'll offer to show them his tat?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9KwDfIktS8...brayTattoo.jpg

Mr. Laz 01-29-2013 10:17 AM

completely bias

He is making money off these guys

The higher they get drafted, the better he looks

Geno Smith is not like RGIII
Tyler Wilson is not Matt Stafford

I like Wilson/Smith but he is blowing smoke

both Wilson and Smith are a good fit for the 1st pick ... imagine that LMAO

dude is trying to get paid

ChiTown 01-29-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9361250)
Maybe he'll offer to show them his tat?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9KwDfIktS8...brayTattoo.jpg

Should have read: G A Y

Nightfyre 01-29-2013 10:30 AM

If Weinke has truly fixed Geno's footwork, look out. He will demonstrate so much more power on his throws.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9361291)
If Weinke has truly fixed Geno's footwork, look out. He will demonstrate so much more power on his throws.

Yup, that's a huge deal.

The only concern I have left with Geno is that I don't think he has much of a power arm. For all the hell that Alex Smith is taking, I'm not seeing much on Geno's tape to tell me that he can fire it with much more velocity than Alex.

That said, he does it while getting very little leg drive. If he's able to use his legs to generate power, he could be a truly outstanding prospect.

The Franchise 01-29-2013 10:45 AM

Maybe that's why Geno didn't elect to play in the Senior Bowl. Weinke is working with him on his footwork and Geno didn't want to go out there and revert back to his old ways.

Nirvana58 01-29-2013 10:52 AM

He did mention Wilson arm strength a couple times. I know a couple people like to question it but that was probably the first positive attribute out of his mouth. Well that and toughness. Flat out said he would love to have Wilson on his team. Completely bias opinion but I don't think he even mentioned arm strength with Geno but said it 2 or 3 times with Wilson. (Granted I skipped through parts of the interview so I could of missed something)

ForeverChiefs58 01-29-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361299)
Yup, that's a huge deal.

The only concern I have left with Geno is that I don't think he has much of a power arm. For all the hell that Alex Smith is taking, I'm not seeing much on Geno's tape to tell me that he can fire it with much more velocity than Alex.

That said, he does it while getting very little leg drive. If he's able to use his legs to generate power, he could be a truly outstanding prospect.

Really? I think one of his strengths is his deep ball.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 9361386)
He did mention Wilson arm strength a couple times. I know a couple people like to question it but that was probably the first positive attribute out of his mouth. Well that and toughness. Flat out said he would love to have Wilson on his team. Completely bias opinion but I don't think he even mentioned arm strength with Geno but said it 2 or 3 times with Wilson. (Granted I skipped through parts of the interview so I could of missed something)

He's mentioned Geno's arm strength several times in other interviews.

BossChief 01-29-2013 10:59 AM

Even before fixing his footwork, Geno would have walked onto the NFL stage with a top 10 arm. If he learns to use his lower body better, he can have as strong a arm as anyone in the league.

mdchiefsfan 01-29-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361248)
Here's my real concern.

He said immediately that "There's a number of guys" that could be worthy discussing at the #1 overall pick.

Sorry, but that's just not true. That Senior bowl was !@#$ing ghastly and the regular season never did sell me on Wilson or Barkley.

"If everyone is special, then no one is special..."

If he thinks there are a bunch of guys in this draft worthy of the #1 pick, then I think he's just a bit of a smoke-blower and can't give him full weight on his discussions of Geno Smith.

I need to listen again, but I thought he said there were a number of QBs who would go in the first, as in round.

Rasputin 01-29-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9361252)
completely bias

He is making money off these guys

The higher they get drafted, the better he looks

Geno Smith is not like RGIII
Tyler Wilson is not Matt Stafford

I like Wilson/Smith but he is blowing smoke

both Wilson and Smith are a good fit for the 1st pick ... imagine that LMAO

dude is trying to get paid

LMAO Heyzeus Tebow

People love to spin things out and discredit these kinds of things. Well he will get to visit with the GMs and Coaches and am sure he will have some pull on what he thinks of these kids work experience he had with them. I think they would value his oppionion just fine and see how they actually work out in the combine and go from there. It was a good listen in the OP to hear all the good things he said about the prospects comming out anyways. He talked about the guys he has been working with and the ones he hasn't just admitted what he has heard about them like Barkley.

I'm pretty stoked about what he had to say about Geno and Wilson so I really don't give a **** what others disclaim his role in all of this is.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9361408)
Really? I think one of his strengths is his deep ball.

He has a solid deep ball because he has great touch, but it's not because he has a strong arm...or at least not because he has elite velocity.

Most of his intermediate passes have a bit of that Rivers 'hump' to them; they don't come in on a string. In the NFL when windows close faster, a bunch of those are going to get batted away.

But on very rare occasions you'll see him really drive with his legs and throw a freakin' laser. He has the ability to do it, he just rarely does it with any regularity.

If Weinke can get his feet working right, he's going to really improve his velocity on the 10-15 yard throws and suddenly he really will become an outstanding prospect.

mdchiefsfan 01-29-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361438)
He has a solid deep ball because he has great touch, but it's not because he has a strong arm...or at least not because he has elite velocity.

Most of his intermediate passes have a bit of that Rivers 'hump' to them; they don't come in on a string. In the NFL when windows close faster, a bunch of those are going to get batted away.

But on very rare occasions you'll see him really drive with his legs and throw a freakin' laser. He has the ability to do it, he just rarely does it with any regularity.

If Weinke can get his feet working right, he's going to really improve his velocity on the 10-15 yard throws and suddenly he really will become an outstanding prospect.

Thats how I would define it too. Lacking long ball velocity but makes up for it with long ball accuracy.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9361418)
Even before fixing his footwork, Geno would have walked onto the NFL stage with a top 10 arm. If he learns to use his lower body better, he can have as strong a arm as anyone in the league.

Woah now, Tiger. Slow down.

With bad feet, he has an average NFL 'arm'. I feel like anytime I say anything remotely critical of Smith I have to preface it by reminding anyone reading that I love the guy as a prospect, but let's be realistic here.

Yes, his 'arm' is great, but he doesn't get the most out of it because he doesn't use his legs right. So when you talk about his arm, you're not really talking about what it is capable of with proper mechanics, but rather you're talking about the actual velocity generated when he throws a football. When his feet aren't working right, his 'arm' is still strong but he's not getting the most out of it so his velocity wanes. When he's doing that, his usable arm strength is very Sam Bradford-esque; adequate, but not outstanding.

Again, Matt Cassel can throw a football 60 yards - we've seen him do it. NFL arm-strength is otherworldly, even among the guys with 'noodle' arms. It massively understates just how gifted these guys are athletically to say that Geno is going to come in here with bad legs and still have a better arm than 2/3 of the league.

C'mon. Let's be honest about Smith's strengths right now. Velocity isn't among them.

saphojunkie 01-29-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

If Andy Reid can get his feet working right, he's going to really improve his velocity on the 10-15 yard throws and suddenly he really will become an outstanding starter for the Chiefs.

:thumb:

Rasputin 01-29-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361461)

With bad feet, he has an average NFL 'arm'. I feel like anytime I say anything remotely critical of Smith I have to preface it by reminding anyone reading that I love the guy as a prospect, but let's be realistic here.

Yes, his 'arm' is great, but he doesn't get the most out of it because he doesn't use his legs right. So when you talk about his arm, you're not really talking about what it is capable of with proper mechanics, but rather you're talking about the actual velocity generated when he throws a football. When his feet aren't working right, his 'arm' is still strong but he's not getting the most out of it so his velocity wanes. When he's doing that, his usable arm strength is very Sam Bradford-esque; adequate, but not outstanding.

Again, Matt Cassel can throw a football 60 yards - we've seen him do it. NFL arm-strength is otherworldly, even among the guys with 'noodle' arms. It massively understates just how gifted these guys are athletically to say that Geno is going to come in here with bad legs and still have a better arm than 2/3 of the league.

C'mon. Let's be honest about Smith's strengths right now. Velocity isn't among them.

These are good points.

I am gitty that Chris Weinke is working on all that footwork to help with the velocity & that is why he went to Chris Weinke in the first place to help him be a better pro QB. So some of that can be fixed going to the IMG Academy. Hope it helps him out the most & shows it pay off at the combine.

the Talking Can 01-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

excellent distinctions

Mr. Laz 01-29-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361434)
LMAO Heyzeus Tebow

People love to spin things out and discredit these kinds of things. Well he will get to visit with the GMs and Coaches and am sure he will have some pull on what he thinks of these kids work experience he had with them. I think they would value his oppionion just fine and see how they actually work out in the combine and go from there. It was a good listen in the OP to hear all the good things he said about the prospects comming out anyways. He talked about the guys he has been working with and the ones he hasn't just admitted what he has heard about them like Barkley.

I'm pretty stoked about what he had to say about Geno and Wilson so I really don't give a **** what others disclaim his role in all of this is.

so you are what you've always been ... QB or bust

Geno,Geno,Geno

Weinke said what you wanted to hear so you don't care whether he is currently being paid by Geno Smith or not.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9361575)

Geno,Geno,Geno

Weinke said what you wanted to hear so you don't care whether he is currently being paid by Geno Smith or not.

Do you ever get tired of not having any original takes and just busting on other people's opinions all the time?

Rasputin 01-29-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9361575)

Geno,Geno,Geno

I don't curr if he is being paid or not. His reputation is on the line and that am sure also is put on the test each year.

Yes I liked what he had to say about the prospects Geno and Tyler Wilson are the ones he gave great praise to for working with them. I get that they pay him, but they don't pay him to lie about what they got going for them.

keg in kc 01-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9360964)
he said smith was smart and can make every throw, and is as good a thrower as any QB he's trained..."as advanced as RG3 in processing information and making the throws"

How dare he! Blashphemy! Nobody who knows anything could ever possibly think that!

The Franchise 01-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361620)
Do you ever get tired of not having any original takes and just busting on other people's opinions all the time?

No....it's Laz. It's all he does.

Rasputin 01-29-2013 12:02 PM

"I'm pretty stoked about what he had to say about Geno and Wilson so I really don't give a **** what others disclaim his role in all of this is."

Mr.Laz
This is what I said in my post & why should I curr or give a **** anything else?

CoMoChief 01-29-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361461)

This......the zip on his passes are not impressive.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9361656)

Would we all be fine with a less douchy, more mobile Philip Rivers at #1 overall?

Seeing as how the original completely douchy, less mobile Philip Rivers went at #3, I would be fine with it.

If Geno never can get his feet firmed up, Rivers is his ceiling. If that's what he ends up, would everyone presently on the Geno train consider it a good pick?

Rasputin 01-29-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

I bet 100M CC money at the combine that won't be a big issue or that he proves it's not. That he will show plenty of zip on his passes.

BossChief 01-29-2013 12:12 PM

I've seen Geno throw a 40 yard laser without being able to step into the throw due to the pressure.

I don't think there are more than 10 current NFL quarterbacks that can do that.

BossChief 01-29-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361668)
Would we all be fine with a less douchy, more mobile Philip Rivers at #1 overall?

Seeing as how the original completely douchy, less mobile Philip Rivers went at #3, I would be fine with it.

If Geno never can get his feet firmed up, Rivers is his ceiling. If that's what he ends up, would everyone presently on the Geno train consider it a good pick?

No question it would be. (Not to nitpick, but it was the 4th pick)

ForeverChiefs58 01-29-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Really? Are you difficult to impress?

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359053993

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359054120

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359054286

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359054483

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359054722

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359054845

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359055139

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...gif?1359055255

keg in kc 01-29-2013 12:14 PM

So there's a guy who's able to drop any throw from the line of scrimmage to 50 yards out into a tight window, and the criticism is "the zip on his passes is not impressive".

Mmmkay.

Talk about paralysis of analysis.

Rasputin 01-29-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361674)
I bet 100M CC money at the combine that won't be a big issue or that he proves it's not. That he will show plenty of zip on his passes.

Would you like to take this bet CoMoChief?

MeatRock 01-29-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9361692)
So there's a guy who's able to drop any throw from the line of scrimmage to 50 yards out into a tight window, and the criticism is "the zip on his passes is not impressive".

Mmmkay.

Talk about paralysis of analysis.

Yea it's getting ridiculous. Some people just don't like Geno and will say anything to convince others to dislike him as well.

Geno has some flaws but zip on his passes isn't one of them.

Sorter 01-29-2013 12:23 PM

Yeah, I'm not really that impressed with Brady's velocity. Ball doesn't have that much zip.

/CoMo

Mr. Laz 01-29-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361620)

wow ... says the guy who busts on other people's opinions every ****ing day.

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

yes. absolutely worth it. If he has the exacty same career as Drew Bledsoe hes worth it and i dont consider Bledsoe a Hall of Famer or anything.

Titty Meat 01-29-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9361685)
No question it would be. (Not to nitpick, but it was the 4th pick)

No every qb drafted needs to be as good as luck and rg3

Titty Meat 01-29-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9361714)
Yea it's getting ridiculous. Some people just don't like Geno and will say anything to convince others to dislike him as well.

Didn't DJ say he loves Geno as a prospect? You cant criticize anything about Geno without his cult going after you.

Deberg_1990 01-29-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9361726)

Even Bledsoe, Carson Palmer, Steve McNair and Kerry Collins turned their franchises around. and none of those guys are or were all world talents.

If you have the chance to select one of the top QBs in a draft, you dont pass period.

keg in kc 01-29-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9361753)
Didn't DJ say he loves Geno as a prospect? You cant criticize anything about Geno without his cult going after you.

Nobody has issues with valid concerns like his inconsistent footwork. But "zip on his passes"? Come on now.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Just simply not true.

Been conversation ALL morning about his lower body and footwork.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9361690)
Really? Are you difficult to impress?

Lot's O' Pictures

Those gifs perfectly illustrate my point.

The first two are throws where he does get good leg drive. The third one he doesn't and the ball does have a little more sail to it. The 4th is a good one, the 5th isn't but it's such a short pass that he can keep it downhill the whole way.

I could go on, but ultimately your pictures make my point - Geno absolutely has a strong arm, but he's inconsistent with his leg drive and it often serves to sap him of that authority in his throws.

If he can get that ironed out, he's going to have a top 10 arm (folks, a top 10 arm is a goddamn cannon). But as the pressure gets worse and the games get faster, bad habits are going to become more exacerbated and probably more frequent. If he rolls his hips often at this level, he's going to have passes knocked away or WRs that have space close up on them to either get hit or lose the chance for YAC yards.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9361716)
wow ... says the guy who busts on other people's opinions every ****ing day.

I post dozens of my own thoughts each and every day.

You should try it, people might like you more.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Absolutely emphatically YES.

My ONLY problem with Rivers is that he's a first class douchebag.

If you could get him, minus the tude, you do it in a heartbeat.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9362032)

The first two are throws where he does get good leg drive. The third one he doesn't and the ball does have a little more sail to it. The 4th is a good one, the 5th isn't but it's such a short pass that he can keep it downhill the whole way.

I could go on, but ultimately your pictures make my point - Geno absolutely has a strong arm, but he's inconsistent with his leg drive and it often serves to sap him of that authority in his throws.

If he can get that ironed out, he's going to have a top 10 arm (folks, a top 10 arm is a goddamn cannon). But as the pressure gets worse and the games get faster, bad habits are going to become more exacerbated and probably more frequent. If he rolls his hips often at this level, he's going to have passes knocked away or WRs that have space close up on them to either get hit or lose the chance for YAC yards.

The good news is that we have 2 or 3 guys here on this staff that know how to coach that stuff now.

When you look at his flaws, they're coachable. We've got one of the most QB-friendly coaching staffs in football.

Time to do the deed.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9361714)

Some people don't read very much.

Again, SNR and I were the first people on the Geno bandwagon. I guarantee you that I've been watching this kid for longer than you have.

When he doesn't set his feet and drive his legs, his ball gets a hump on intermediate passes. Those will not work at this level and those are passes he's going to need to be able to complete with regularity in Reid's system.

You've picked the wrong guy to try to say "doesn't like Geno". I love the kid, in fact I think his weakness here is actually a good thing in that it's easily coached and will make him even better than his tape shows.

But I'm not going to just make shit up to support my guy and say he has a top 10 NFL arm even when he doesn't use his legs appropriately. The same as I wasn't going to say that Alex Smith is a pile of moldy dog shit just to prop up support for Geno.

Watch these guys for what they are and examine them accordingly. You might learn something.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

It's only my !@#$ing signature...

People are idiots.

Sorter 01-29-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9362032)

Yup.

Flacco, Stafford, Cutler, Kaep, RG3, Rodgers, Newton, Vick, and Freeman are the QBs I'd put as having elite, pure arm-strength. Guys that can just rip the ****ing ball.

Geno can't do that and I'm not sure if he ever really can. Those guys are just ****ing freaks. I'd liken Geno's future arm strength with corrected footwork and leg drive to be something like Tom Brady's, which is an above average arm but consistently displays elite velocity and vertical/horizontal arm strength due mainly to technique and a solid weight program.

Sorter 01-29-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9362050)
It's only my !@#$ing signature...

People are idiots.

People are idiots here?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...ox8vo1_250.gif

LMAO

philfree 01-29-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9361683)
I've seen Geno throw a 40 yard laser without being able to step into the throw due to the pressure.

I don't think there are more than 10 current NFL quarterbacks that can do that.

I'd like to see a gif of that. The one thing I don't see Geno do when I watch him is drop back and throw the ball on a line 20+ yards past the LOS.

MeatRock 01-29-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9362049)
Some people don't read very much.

Again, SNR and I were the first people on the Geno bandwagon. I guarantee you that I've been watching this kid for longer than you have.

When he doesn't set his feet and drive his legs, his ball gets a hump on intermediate passes. Those will not work at this level and those are passes he's going to need to be able to complete with regularity in Reid's system.

You've picked the wrong guy to try to say "doesn't like Geno". I love the kid, in fact I think his weakness here is actually a good thing in that it's easily coached and will make him even better than his tape shows.

But I'm not going to just make shit up to support my guy and say he has a top 10 NFL arm even when he doesn't use his legs appropriately. The same as I wasn't going to say that Alex Smith is a pile of moldy dog shit just to prop up support for Geno.

Watch these guys for what they are and examine them accordingly. You might learn something.

Nice write up DJ, but i was responding to CoMo's post about no zip on Geno's passes which i think is bullshit.
Sure, i agree when he doesn't set his feet the ball flutters a bit, but when he does, the zip is there.

tooge 01-29-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9361726)

This!!!!! If last year didn't have those two, there wouldn't be any discussion about who the Chiefs would be picking this year.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9362066)
I'd like to see a gif of that. The one thing I don't see Geno do when I watch him is drop back and throw the ball on a line 20+ yards past the LOS.

You need to watch more because he has absolutely done that.

The problem is that more often than not, he doesn't get his feet right, so it comes out different.

When he gets his feet right, he can throw it on a rope.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-29-2013 01:57 PM

Weinke is pretty much saying the pundits are full of shit. He's also saying what a lot of us have already been saying that everyone got spoiled with Luck and RGIII last year.

I can tell Weinke is higher on Geno than Tyler. And he's working with both of them. Compared Geno to RGIII, and Wilson to Matt Stafford.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362047)
The good news is that we have 2 or 3 guys here on this staff that know how to coach that stuff now.

When you look at his flaws, they're coachable. We've got one of the most QB-friendly coaching staffs in football.

Time to do the deed.

Exactly. We have the staff that can fix him.

I just take some exception to people that argue that there's nothing to fix.

My old trial practice professor once told me that any argument that doesn't strongly make your point, detracts from the point you made strongly.

Once people come in here and spout stuff that just doesn't have much basis in reality, they lead with their chin and make it easy to undermine the arguments that are strong and do have plenty of foundation to them.

If the folks that really like Geno are willing to acknowledge his flaws, then I think it makes our support for him despite those flaws all the stronger, especially if we can incorporate those flaws into his list of strengths.

RealSNR 01-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Barkley drinks his own pee

philfree 01-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362078)
You need to watch more because he has absolutely done that.

The problem is that more often than not, he doesn't get his feet right, so it comes out different.

When he gets his feet right, he can throw it on a rope.

I've watched games looking for just that and not really seen it but I haven't watched every game though. I like Geno and I'm not saying he can't make those throws I just don't see them. Really I just want a firm grasp of what Geno Smith really is.

Coogs 01-29-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9361674)

I'm going to be surprised if he throws at the combine.