ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The latest Chiefs news from KFFL... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256524)

Messier 02-10-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392069)
I would be all in on Foles as competition/backup to our first overall QB.

But any scenario that doesn't include a 1st round QB this year is not in any way satisfactory.

Since I was not/am not on board the Reid train (didn't like that he was the hire), that would be strike one.

What's wrong with Reid, and who did you want?

milkman 02-10-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9392085)
What's wrong with Reid, and who did you want?

I've never liked his overall philosophy.

Even in today's NFL, I think he undervalues the running game and LB play.

I thought his best years were the ones in which Jim Johnson hid their LB deficiencies with exceptional blitz schemes, and Westbrook made the most of his limited opportunities as a runner.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 05:51 PM

Acquiring Foles, in addition to our own (legit) draft pick, would be a great move. We have to throw viable numbers at the position, given our dearth of current talent.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:51 PM

And the second part of that question is difficult to answer.

If you throw out the guidelines that Hunt set for himself in searching to replace the Pioli regime, I would like to have seen a Marc Ross GM combined with a guy like Ray Horton or my darkhorse favorite Marc Trestman.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:54 PM

The guy I really wanted, though, was David Shaw.

But that went out the window as soon as he signed an extension with Stanford.

-King- 02-10-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392097)

Wesbrook had a 3 season stretch of 233 carries, 278 carries, and 240 carries before he broke down.

The past 3 seasons McCoy had 204 carries, 273 carries and 200 carries in an injury shortened season.

In that same time both RBs averaged about 60 catches per game.

If Reid uses that same Philosophy on Charles, I don't know how anyone could be mad.

Messier 02-10-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392097)

I thought his best years were the ones in which Jim Johnson hid their LB deficiencies with exceptional blitz schemes, and Westbrook made the most of his limited opportunities as a runner.

I think he ignores the D altogether which is why I was hoping for a stronger DC choice, but I couldn't be more ready for an offensive minded coach who specializes in the QB.

milkman 02-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9392112)
Wesbrook had a 3 season stretch of 233 carries, 278 carries, and 240 carries before he broke down.

The past 3 seasons McCoy had 204 carries, 273 carries and 200 carries in an injury shortened season.

In that same time both RBs averaged about 60 catches per game.

If Reid uses that same Philosophy on Charles, I don't know how anyone could be mad.

Let me go at this from another angle.

In the last 10 years, a quick search (so I might have missed something) shows that the Eagles have more than 430 rushing attempts as a team in a season only once.

The Patriots, in that same time span, with the best QB in the game, have attempted fewer than 430 only once.

LoneWolf 02-10-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392128)
Let me go at this from another angle.

In the last 10 years, a quick search (so I might have missed something) shows that the Eagles have more than 430 rushing attempts as a team in a season only once.

The Patriots, in that same time span, with the best QB in the game, have attempted fewer than 430 only once.

Margin of victory could have played a part in scewing those stats. I didn't look it up so I could be completely wrong, but I would think that NE had quite a few more blowout wins than Philly during this time span. When you are playing with a substantial lead, you tend to run the ball more. Now I agree that Reid prefers to throw the ball and I admittedly didn't look it up, but stats almost always don't tell the entire story.

milkman 02-10-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9392187)
Margin of victory could have played a part in scewing those stats. I didn't look it up so I could be completely wrong, but I would think that NE had quite a few more blowout wins than Philly during this time span. When you are playing with a substantial lead, you tend to run the ball more. Now I agree that Reid prefers to throw the ball and I admittedly didn't look it up, but stats almost always don't tell the entire story.

I understand that stats can be misleading to an extent.

But this is in line with my belief from watching games that Reid undervalues the running game.

Ceej 02-10-2013 06:52 PM

I like all of this brand new information with the word "could" in it.

Well, no ****ing shit.

The Chiefs COULD be interested in Joe Flacco if he doesn't re-sign with Baltimore.

BigMeatballDave 02-10-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392103)
And the second part of that question is difficult to answer.

If you throw out the guidelines that Hunt set for himself in searching to replace the ***** regime, I would like to have seen a Marc Ross GM combined with a guy like Ray Horton or my darkhorse favorite Marc Trestman.

I don't quite get your fascination with Trestman.

He was in Canada for 7 years.

Honestly, I know little about him, otherwise.

splatbass 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392069)
I would be all in on Foles as competition/backup to our first overall QB.

But any scenario that doesn't include a 1st round QB this year is not in any way satisfactory.

Since I was not/am not on board the Reid train (didn't like that he was the hire), that would be strike one.

Serious question. What would it take to make you happy with a HC, GM or the Chiefs in general? Because I have never seen you happy with the team.

milkman 02-10-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9392256)
Serious question. What would it take to make you happy with a HC, GM or the Chiefs in general? Because I have never seen you happy with the team.

Competing for and winning SBs.

splatbass 02-10-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392258)
Competing for and winning SBs.

Reid competed for SBs for years, only lost one by 3 points, and you don't like him.