ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

HemiEd 03-29-2013 01:29 PM

I have an acute case of acrophobia, that has grown progressively worse over the years.

I was able to overcome it in the Navy, hanging out of the doors of H-34s and H-3s as a rescue crewman by mentally putting myself somewhere else.

But now, it has grown so bad that I can't watch TV shows or look at internet pictures of high places.

Last week, I put sheet rock up on the 11 foot ceiling of my garage, and even with scaffolding and my over built protective railing, I was very uncomfortable.

We stayed on the 56th floor of the Cosmopolitan last May, and my wife had no problem sitting out on the balcony reading. I couldn't even look, let alone go out there.

keg in kc 03-29-2013 01:30 PM

Basically everything. Anxiety is a bitch.

Amnorix 03-29-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9538286)
I have the "forgot" dream, but it always involves me being enrolled in a class for about 13 weeks before I realize that I've never attended class. I have that dream at least twice a month.

I used to have one very similar to that, actually. Haven't had it in years now, but yeah, very similar, and recurring.

Dayze 03-29-2013 01:34 PM

seriously though, I'm always weary of the other shoe to drop whenever anything is going well. We're doing so much better since th job loss and foreclosure in '08. 1000% better. almost debt free; better pay; better job.

....just waiting for some other bullshit to happen to put is right back at square wrong.

Amnorix 03-29-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538311)
I have a 1 mil umbrella policy through State Farm for just that reason.

Cost 150 per year.

This is good advice.

Even better is to go to $2MM for probably $250/year or $3MM for maybe $325 or so. I hate to say it, but $1MM isn't really alot these days, and if you have real assets, it's worht it to protect them.

ghak99 03-29-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9538390)
I guess I'm missing something about the "irony;" I have one of those policies as well. I suppose if you have nothing of value you don't need to protect it? As far as I'm concerned, the umbrella policy is a necessity.

It's there... The fish hit the bait so hard the ****ing reel melted. LMAO

There's a thread you should read, but I'm not searching for it.

Dayze 03-29-2013 01:37 PM

being the lead actor in a snuff film featuring all the 'no's from the "Would You"? thread. / Omaha.

ptlyon 03-29-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9538427)
It's there... The fish hit the bait so hard the ****ing reel melted. LMAO

There's a thread you should read, but I'm not searching for it.

Beautiful tee up ghak!

ghak99 03-29-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538399)
oooh! I forgot.

those little wooden spoon things sometimes served with a cup of ice-cream etc. :# makes my skin crawl.

Yes... why would I want to eat with something used to gag you at the doctor's office. They taste like hell too. Just give me a damn spoon!

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538433)
being the lead actor in a snuff film featuring all the 'no's from the "Would You"? thread. / Omaha.

LMAO

The Franchise 03-29-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9538390)
I guess I'm missing something about the "irony;" I have one of those policies as well. I suppose if you have nothing of value you don't need to protect it? As far as I'm concerned, the umbrella policy is a necessity.

Dude admitted to faking an injury so that he could sue someone for money.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-29-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9538465)
Dude admitted to faking an injury so that he could sue someone for money.

Wow, what a douche

Hammock Parties 03-29-2013 01:46 PM

alien abduction

The Franchise 03-29-2013 01:47 PM

Anything to do with locking things.

If I leave the house and I can't specifically remember the act of locking my front door....I will turn around and check to make sure it's locked before leaving.

The same goes for my car. I have to hit the lock button on my keychain 4-5 times while walking from my car to the house. Before bed....I'll specifically push lock on the keychain a couple of times so that I can hear the beep from my house.

The other one has to do with my wallet. I'm always constantly checking my back pocket to make sure it's still there.....like it ****ing magically jumped out or something. And after I pay with my debit card....I'll check to make sure my debit card is back in my wallet a couple of times.

frankotank 03-29-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9538477)
Anything to do with locking things.

If I leave the house and I can't specifically remember the act of locking my front door....I will turn around and check to make sure it's locked before leaving.

The same goes for my car. I have to hit the lock button on my keychain 4-5 times while walking from my car to the house. Before bed....I'll specifically push lock on the keychain a couple of times so that I can hear the beep from my house.

The other one has to do with my wallet. I'm always constantly checking my back pocket to make sure it's still there.....like it ****ing magically jumped out or something. And after I pay with my debit card....I'll check to make sure my debit card is back in my wallet a couple of times.

although it's not a fear or anything....along the same line of OCD thinking...I can't tell you how many times I pull the emergency brake release when I'm driving. I mean....I KNOW it's released....but just in case.....