ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL Rank the WR's Of This Year's Draft Class*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279372)

Dante84 12-10-2013 04:58 PM

***OFFICIAL Rank the WR's Of This Year's Draft Class***

Well, do it.

Saccopoo 12-11-2013 01:15 AM

1. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
- Absolute freak of nature. Huge and has destroyed defensive backfields all season long. I don't know if he's in a prodigy level class like AJ Green or Calvin Johnson, but he's close.

2. Marquis Lee, USC
- He's been hurt, but the talent is there. Very fast with good hands.

3. Austen Hill, Arizona
- Blew out his ACL this spring, but he's a beast when healthy. If he can come back to form, a la Jamal Charles, this is where I would put him.

4. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
- I'm not totally sold on the guy, but he's fast.

5. Odell Beckham, LSU
- Multipurpose threat with speed. Very good hands and excellent in the open field with the ball in his hands.

6. Mike Davis, Texas
- Former HS AA and #2 rated HS WR. Very productive and competitive. Can stretch the field.

7. Josh Huff, Oregon
- A very thick, compact receiver. Fast and quick. Would be a real weapon in the slot.

8. Cody Hoffman, BYU
- Best hands and route running in this draft class. Not fast, but is extremely effective after the catch in getting yards. Big. Prototype possession receiver.

9. Jarvis Landry, LSU
- Solid receiver, but not spectactular.

10. Allen Robinson, Penn State
- Like Landry, a solid receiver.

Direckshun 12-11-2013 01:28 AM

I'm not really sold on Mike Evans. He's pretty good, good enough to be a good #2.

But I'm not sold on his speed or route-running just yet. A lot of what he gets is on size alone, and his QB's elite scrambling ability.

Saccopoo 12-11-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10267580)
I'm not really sold on Mike Evans. He's pretty good, good enough to be a good #2.

But I'm not sold on his speed or route-running just yet. A lot of what he gets is on size alone, and his QB's elite scrambling ability.

He literally ****ed up Alabama's defensive backfield real bad like. They simply could not cover the guy and it's not like they have a bunch of suck back there.

The tools are there. I think he's no worse than a Demarius Thomas type of receiver, who was also a guy who needed reps but had all the tools.

Dante84 12-11-2013 09:22 AM

I'm gay for Sammy Watkins.

It's true.

He's who I want.

Sandy Vagina 12-11-2013 10:24 AM

1. Sammy Watkins
2. Mike Evans
3. Marquise Lee
4. Odell Beckham Jr.
5. Kelvin Benjamin
6. Allen Robinson
7. Davante Adams
8. Jordan Mathews
9. Jarvis Landry
10. Brandin Cooks

Frosty 12-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 10268053)
10. Brandin Cooks

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!! :cuss:

The Franchise 12-11-2013 12:26 PM

Brandin Cooks would be a sick slot receiver.

Frosty 12-11-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10268417)
Brandin Cooks would be a sick slot receiver.

Next year.

DJ's left nut 12-12-2013 06:25 PM

I feel like Marqise Lee could actually fall to us and he'd be an outstanding fit in a WCO.

Quick as hell in and out of his cuts, very strong route-runner, good hands. He's a little undersized, but that's not a deal-breaker.

I wouldn't be Eric Berry happy, but I'd be pretty damn excited if he made it to us. After him, the WR class turns into a bunch of Dwayne Bowe clones in a hurry; big possession WRs without much speed.

Chiefnj2 12-13-2013 08:58 AM

This years dark horse:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kx3iUkmS8bU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

El Jefe 12-16-2013 01:17 PM

I would take Evans or Sammy Watkins in a heartbeat.

Sandy Vagina 12-16-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10271971)
After him, the WR class turns into a bunch of Dwayne Bowe clones in a hurry; big possession WRs without much speed.

Odell Beckam Jr. has the speed and separation skills that KC needs. :D

O.city 12-16-2013 06:08 PM

If we're taking a WR, I hope it's Beckham, if Lee isn't available.

To me, Evans has alot of Baldwin in him.

hitchief 12-18-2013 03:07 PM

I don't think we take a WR in the 1st round. We go either TE or OG.

So I think we wait and take a guy like Jeff Janis in the 5th - he's gonna be a nice wr in the NFL with very good Height/speed/hands combo.