ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ****Official 2013 Weight Loss Challenge**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268338)

Buck 01-15-2013 10:19 PM

How's everyone doing?

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 12:29 PM

Weighed in this morning at 270...literally the fattest I've ever been. My weight loss challenge starts today! Enough is enough.

:My weight loss plan:

5-6 small meals a day:
Breakfast: Protein shake or fruit smoothie(alternate every day)

Snack

Lunch one of the following: soup / salad / protein shake

Snack

Dinner Post work out: steak/chicken, salad,

Snacks consist of protein bars, fruit smoothie, juice(fresh from juicer), 100 calorie snack packs

My work out will be 20-30 minutes I will be using "10 minute Trainer" which is P90x broken into 10 minute increments.

In 30 days will reevaluate my workout plan. Will likely increase to 30-40 minute workouts.

This worked out for me last year. I lost about 40 lbs in 2 months...I however got lazy, busy, and got off track. I have since put on the weight I lost, plus an additional 10 lbs.

I will keep everyone posted to share my progress.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9322782)
How's everyone doing?

I'm down over 10lbs. My food intake is good, alcohol is slowing way, way, down. Just need to find some consistancy in workouts. Gotta lose my quit.

Dartgod 01-16-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9322782)
How's everyone doing?

Yesterday was at 249, down 7 lbs with no exercise to speak of.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9324759)
I'm down over 10lbs. My food intake is good, alcohol is slowing way, way, down. Just need to find some consistancy in workouts. Gotta lose my quit.

Awesome job on losing 10lbs!

I would recommend for exercise plan 10 minute trainer. It really is effective. It's more effective if you do three 10 minute sessions versus only one. But still, 10 minutes of workout is better then none, and it's an easy goal to have. Only 10 minutes...you can handle 10 minutes right?

If you'd like the whole kit, it is rather expensive, but check that here
http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Trai...minute+trainer

A cheaper alternative would be to purchase the workout bands at Wal-Mart for $20 and download 10-minute Trainer from your favorite Torrent Site.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9325255)

From my experience, you can cut quite a bit of weight on diet alone. Imagine how much more you would have lost if you had exercised though! Awesome job, keep up the diet.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 07:34 PM

Started low carbing today. Decided on low carb since my diabetes seems to be starting to spiral out of control, and I need to get a grip on my blood sugar as quickly as possible, and the less sugars/carbs I put into my body, the better it will be for me.

I have been sick the last few weeks with the crud that has been running around, and even spent the night in the hospital last week...the crud and the diabetes took their toll on me. I am feeling better, but am lacking energy. Hoping the low carb will give me a bit of a boost. My endocrinologist thinks I might have to get some testosterone shots, since my levels were off.

I tried this last year, and failed so miserably, I have some serious doubts about whether I can do this. I feel like I can't let food go, even though I know that is what I need to do.

I know I need exercise too, but I am going to start out slowly. Just walking at first. I think if I start to drop some weight, I will feel like doing more. Walking briskly is apparently good for blood sugar readings, so even after I add in more aerobic exercise/weights, etc., I will probably need to walk at least every other day for the rest of my life....walking is kind of boring, so the thought of that is kind of depressing.

Sorry for my rant, I am just not in a great place when it comes to weight and health...but it is what it is. I know that if I do not get things under control and lose some weight, it is going to kill me someday.

Buck 01-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9324759)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9325255)

Glad you guys are doing well. Exercise isn't necessary when it comes to losing weight, but it is important for your overall health.

Buck 01-16-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326546)
Started low carbing today. Decided on low carb since my diabetes seems to be starting to spiral out of control, and I need to get a grip on my blood sugar as quickly as possible, and the less sugars/carbs I put into my body, the better it will be for me.

I have been sick the last few weeks with the crud that has been running around, and even spent the night in the hospital last week...the crud and the diabetes took their toll on me. I am feeling better, but am lacking energy. Hoping the low carb will give me a bit of a boost. My endocrinologist thinks I might have to get some testosterone shots, since my levels were off.

I tried this last year, and failed so miserably, I have some serious doubts about whether I can do this. I feel like I can't let food go, even though I know that is what I need to do.

I know I need exercise too, but I am going to start out slowly. Just walking at first. I think if I start to drop some weight, I will feel like doing more. Walking briskly is apparently good for blood sugar readings, so even after I add in more aerobic exercise/weights, etc., I will probably need to walk at least every other day for the rest of my life....walking is kind of boring, so the thought of that is kind of depressing.

Sorry for my rant, I am just not in a great place when it comes to weight and health...but it is what it is. I know that if I do not get things under control and lose some weight, it is going to kill me someday.

Hey man, I've been on a low-carb diet for over a year now. If you need help you can ask me any questions on here, or in a PM, or if you want I can give you my phone number and we can talk it out. I want to help you if you need the help.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9326572)
Hey man, I've been on a low-carb diet for over a year now. If you need help you can ask me any questions on here, or in a PM, or if you want I can give you my phone number and we can talk it out. I want to help you if you need the help.

Thank you, your offer of help means a lot, and it is greatly appreciated. I will be hitting you up with questions/etc.

My biggest obstacle is not the sugary sweets...it is the starchy carbs. I love pizza, bread, potatoes, etc.

When I find a good pizza replacement that fills my craving for it, that will make a huge difference! I miss pizza already, and it is just the first day.

Buck 01-16-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326658)
Thank you, your offer of help means a lot, and it is greatly appreciated. I will be hitting you up with questions/etc.

My biggest obstacle is not the sugary sweets...it is the starchy carbs. I love pizza, bread, potatoes, etc.

When I find a good pizza replacement that fills my craving for it, that will make a huge difference! I miss pizza already, and it is just the first day.

This is where I come in and save you.

I make something that looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/xpPFg.jpg

Brown 1 or 2 lbs of hamburger (seasoned to your taste)
Drain
Put back in pan
Add tomatoes / tomato sauce (optional)
Let cook on the burner on low for maybe 10 min (let the liquids in the tomatoes reduce a little)
Cover in mozzarella shredded cheese and pepperoni
Put in oven under broiler for 5-6 min to melt cheese

p.s. In the pic I only used 1 lb of hamburger meat, it was a wide pan though so it looks flat. I cook 2 lbs in that pan now.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9326697)
This is where I come in and save you.

I make something that looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/xpPFg.jpg

Brown 1 or 2 lbs of hamburger (seasoned to your taste)
Drain
Put back in pan
Add tomatoes / tomato sauce (optional)
Let cook on the burner on low for maybe 10 min (let the liquids in the tomatoes reduce a little)
Cover in mozzarella shredded cheese and pepperoni
Put in oven under broiler for 5-6 min to melt cheese

p.s. In the pic I only used 1 lb of hamburger meat, it was a wide pan though so it looks flat. I cook 2 lbs in that pan now.

That looks really good. Will give it a try, and may even add in some Italian sausage too. Love the way the cheese browned, I think using the broiler must make a big difference.

Thanks!

Buck 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326710)
That looks really good. Will give it a try, and may even add in some Italian sausage too. Love the way the cheese browned, I think using the broiler must make a big difference.

Thanks!

Yep, sometimes I do 1 lbs of hamburger and 1 lb of sausage.

The browning of the cheese is crucial in any faux-pizza.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2013 08:35 PM

Hey Buck,

Did you suffer any of what they call the "carb flu" when you first started. I have a massive headache most of the day today, although I am giving up diet soda for water, so that may be due to a lack of caffeine.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326546)

This is the perfect place to rant and vent. Nothing but encouragement here friend. Having done the low carb diet, I can speak the for the first week, you will have very little energy. So if you're hoping for energy, not gonna happen for the first week.

You're absolutely right about losing weight for healthy living. I think the plan you have prepared for yourself will work very well. Just don't give up because the results will come in baby steps. Keep on keepin on. Feel free to rant, and share any questions you might have.