ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

tony77 01-19-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9334153)
If we draft Geno Smith, I don't care what they do with the rest of the draft picks this year.

If we moved our third for him, I'd be totally fine with that. There was a time when he was in the conversation for a first round pick.

Geno Smith
Nick Foles
Ricky Stanzi

Get a corner with the 3rd round comp pick we should get for Carr and a safety with our second rounder ....then a MLB with our fourth and let's roll.

Thats foolish to say as long as they draft smith and then you don`t care about the other picks,lol. I mean come on smith is not the next big shit. Another thing regardless who the rookie qb is hes not starting. Drop that notion.

milkman 01-19-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9334204)
Matt cassel started for the dolphins?

My bad.

The Dolphins were one of the teams with a winning record that Matt Cassel started and won against, when he was a Patriot.

Edited.

KurtCobain 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334213)
My bad.

The Dolphins were one of the teams with a winning record that Matt Cassel started and won against, when he was a Patriot.

Edited.

I apologize for ramming you like that, I just thought it was funny. Continue on.

Chiefs=Champions 01-19-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranciscoD'Anconia (Post 9334144)
How is it the same thing you always do? You always trade for Nick Foles?

What is all this 6th round stuff? The guy has 1st round value. You NEED a QB. You don't see that? Philly is not going to trade him for a 6th round pick and you NEED a QB and he's really good. What is up with the people who wouldn't make that trade?

You are a ****ing idiot...

Molitoth 01-19-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranciscoD'Anconia (Post 9334144)
How is it the same thing you always do? You always trade for Nick Foles?

What is all this 6th round stuff? The guy has 1st round value. You NEED a QB. You don't see that? Philly is not going to trade him for a 6th round pick and you NEED a QB and he's really good. What is up with the people who wouldn't make that trade?

If foles is so good, Philly would keep him.
We are tired of getting other teams castoffs.

Geno smith has the potential to be great. Go visit the geno smith thread.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-19-2013 09:55 PM

Santa Clause is posting in the Joeckel thread.

tony77 01-19-2013 09:55 PM

LOL foles is hardly a castoff

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-19-2013 09:56 PM

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/a...shoot_miri.gif

FringeNC 01-19-2013 09:59 PM

What's sad is how a non-heralded rookie (Foles) was so much more effective than the trash we trotted out there. JFC. Whoever is our starter next year -- Reid will at least give us an NFL-caliber passing attack. Thank god.

splatbass 01-19-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranciscoD'Anconia (Post 9334183)
Can't make a sound argument on its merits, so just start insulting people.

Welcome to Chiefs Planet.

Sully 01-19-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9334101)
Can the guy study film?

He looks kinda...dumb.

I substitute taught at his high school a few times last year, and had his sister in class. I'm not saying this means a damn thing, but she was... Ummm... Not bright at all (even compared to the other SPED kids in her classes).

HolyHat 01-19-2013 10:18 PM

It's actually a pretty good read on the kid. Foles has all the skills needed to be successful. That being said, I still want to draft Geno. I'd trade a 3rd round pick in a heartbeat for Foles though.

crossbow 01-19-2013 10:21 PM

Teams know the single most important postion in the league is the QB. Instead of relying on other team's scraps, they draft their own guy. Most teams do what the Chargers do if they spend a high pick on a bad QB...they draft another one with another high pick. The Chiefs really need to start doing that too.

The_Doctor10 01-19-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9333986)
tl;dr

I feel like this is the problem with our society in general...

suds79 01-19-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9334007)
What difference does it make as long as the QB is good? Seriously, I don't get this "KC born and bred" stuff. Is it some kind of ego thing?

Len Dawson was not a "KC born and bred" QB, and he is in the HOF and has a SB ring with the Chiefs.

Same.

But while I'd like to see us draft a qb in the first, at this point I think it's looking unlikely. So Foles would be my second option. I wanted the Chiefs to draft him last year.