ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Nice use of censorship, Moderators (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7416)

Boise_Chief 09-07-2000 10:12 AM

I agree, let's keep BroncoFans beligerent posts up, and tear all of my horrible comments down.

Very Interesting, very weak.

Luzap 09-07-2000 10:21 AM

It's hard to be a moderator and maintain fairness, Chitown. Even more difficult is to "censor" those people that you respect & enjoy bantering with. However, we do have to be consistent and that's one thing I think we've been successful in doing. I think Broncofan's topic is inflamatory as well but it is not abusive nor does he call anyone names. Sorry but I hope you understand.

Boise_Chief 09-07-2000 10:44 AM

Phil - no sweat.

I'll just keep my name-calling under my keyboard.

Boise_Chief 09-07-2000 10:46 AM

Phil - no sweat.

I'll just keep my name-calling under my keyboard.

flowergirl 09-07-2000 10:51 AM

I thought that there would be no censoring, even if a post is personally insulting someone.

Censorship on KC.COM is the very thing that caused this BB to become a success in the first place.

Let those who are insulted defend themselves. IMO, even the most vile, disgusting posts should not be deleted.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Luzap 09-07-2000 10:55 AM

I'm operating under some assumptions for what a moderator is supposed to do. I think insults are tolerable as long as they remain tasteful. I assumed blatant disrespect and namecalling was across the line and I've removed every post I've seen containing those thus far. I'll take whichever direction I'm asked to. Kyle?

flowergirl 09-07-2000 10:57 AM

I get what you're saying, but just like in the real world, a little censorship tends to become a lot of censorship.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Smltheppl 09-07-2000 11:01 AM

Unless someone is spamming I'd rather see the nasty posts stay too. If somone crosses the line leave it up for all to see. Chances are the BB community will police itself by admonishing the party for going too far. I've seen things handled that way on other boards and it works well.

G_Man 09-07-2000 12:42 PM

Kloster - Your analysis seems about right to me.

Clint - The problem is that tend to get out of hand and then this becomes a BB that is nothing more then a place to talk smack and insult one another. That is where football talk ends and we end up like many other BB's with tons of trolls here for a good fight.

dnvrCHIEFSfn 09-07-2000 01:25 PM

KPhobia wrote, "I think insults are tolerable as long as they remain tasteful. I assumed blatant disrespect and namecalling was across the line and I've removed every post I've seen containing those thus far."

From KCBB, written bye KPhobia, "What's the problem, Brad? Do you have a bed-wetting problem as well?"

What a joke! I would call this tasteless and blatant disrespect and namecalling, but I guess it's ok if you are one of the "GOds" of the Planet.

I nice "tasteful post from your moderator"

And no, I'm not Brad

[This message has been edited by F. Gump (edited 09-07-2000).]

dnvrCHIEFSfn 09-07-2000 01:33 PM

The 2 posts before the name calling started.

BRAD CAUDLE (BRAD_CAUDLE), 09/06/00 02:39 pm (reply 14 of 19)
I'm sure that's the problem. Who cares?

I really don't care if Gunther's had his bladder removed and drips through a sack. He's not playing, he's coaching. And your attempts at halarity are simply reflecting the person behind the post...

Phillip Kloster (KPhobia), 09/06/00 01:56 pm (reply 13 of 19)
My mother is friends with the mother of Gunther's maid. Gunther has a bed-wetting problem. That's the catalyst behind his 2-3 hours of sleep per night. He doesn't wish to soil the sheets. If you look closely, you can see the Depends under Gun's pants on Sundays. <BR>

flowergirl 09-07-2000 01:39 PM

From KCBB, written bye KPhobia, "What's the problem, Brad? Do you have a bed-wetting problem as well?"

I find this to be incredibly mild...the kind of insult one might hear on Nickelodeon.

When I think of insults that should be censored, I think of statements like (these are directed at nobody in particular, they are just examples):

Your mother is a wh*re.
You are a load that should've been swallowed.
Eat the peanuts out of my shit.
I think necrophilia is cool...why don't you kill yourself so that I might fu*k your corpse?

THOSE are the kind of replies that deserve to be deleted. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif<P>

dnvrCHIEFSfn 09-07-2000 01:46 PM

And what is tasteful to you, might not be to another....Who decides? If you are a moderator, you shouldn't be able to post! <P>

G_Man 09-07-2000 01:54 PM

Gump - That was the weakest comment I have heard in a while.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>If you are a moderator, you shouldn't be able to post!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The idea of the moderator is that they are a member of the BB that are members of the BB, and not some person hiding in the background that do what they feel like whenever. There are also other moderators to delete his posts if he does something out of hand.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 09-07-2000).]

wutamess 09-07-2000 01:55 PM

Personally, I like the fact that the moderators are citizens of the BB.

xoxo~
gaz
a democratic kind of guy.<BR>