ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports MLB creating committee to study decline in African-American players (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271985)

Prison Bitch 04-11-2013 08:21 AM

That's because the sport is quite popular in Asia & Latin America. Not popular in Africa or our urban core. Is this really confusing to people, and is there really a need to "study" it?

lcarus 04-11-2013 08:28 AM

Of course they like football and basketball more than baseball these days. Lol. What's next? Are they gonna do a stupid study on why black youth like Lil Wayne more than Hall & god damn Oates?

ChiefMojo 04-11-2013 08:29 AM

Lol

beach tribe 04-11-2013 08:33 AM

I wonder when they are going to reboot (rape) "Major League"

Demonpenz 04-11-2013 08:53 AM

Mike Trout is the blackest athlete in the majors.

seaofred 04-11-2013 08:58 AM

Just out of curiosity, what is the percentage of European American in the MLB?

Pasta Little Brioni 04-11-2013 09:03 AM

Sad that this is being done. (now awaiting some suburban yuppie to call me a racist ****)

Deberg_1990 04-11-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9577498)
Sad that this is being done. (now awaiting some suburban yuppie to call me a racist ****)

Why is it sad? Is there anything they can do do make it more appealing to the African American youth? Because ultimately, they just want to make sure they are providing a good talent pipeline into their league.

Hammock Parties 04-11-2013 09:16 AM

Baseball is a more difficult game to play and get into at a high level.

Who the **** wants to go through the minors when you can go straight from high school to the NBA, or spend two years in college and get drafted #1 overall and start in your first game?

If you can't run fast or you have a shitty vertical though, baseball is great!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-11-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9577522)
Why is it sad? Is there anything they can do do make it more appealing to the African American youth? Because ultimately, they just want to make sure they are providing a good talent pipeline into their league.

There is a GREAT talent pipeline from all over the world. If they don't want to play so be it. Plenty of talent to choose from.

warpaint* 04-11-2013 09:51 AM

It's cheaper to hoop. That's the impetus and genesis of this and now it's ingrained in urban culture.

Garcia Bronco 04-11-2013 09:53 AM

I can play basketball with 2 people. Baseball? Only on Xbox. You need at least ten people. Plus, baseball is ****ing boring and it's barely athletic.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-11-2013 10:00 AM

Good luck finding a place to ply your craft if you're a baseball player in an inner city.

This isn't a new thing. There was a program a few years ago called RBI-Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities.

ThaVirus 04-11-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9577287)
It's the urban black culture. Nobody there likes baseball all that much. I see no reason to blame MLB on that. What did they do to cause that?

Pretty much this. Baseball is ****ing huge in the Dominican Republic where a great deal of its population is black. Not so much here in America for whatever reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldmember (Post 9577293)
Maybe Latino players are beating them out? About a year ago, I read somewhere that poorer black families in the US can't afford to send their kids to the baseball camps and leagues that showcase talents. Maybe a combination of both?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9577655)
I can play basketball with 2 people. Baseball? Only on Xbox. You need at least ten people. Plus, baseball is ****ing boring and it's barely athletic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9577667)
Good luck finding a place to ply your craft if you're a baseball player in an inner city.

This isn't a new thing. There was a program a few years ago called RBI-Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities.

These are all reasons I'd cite, if prodded.

-Need a diamond and large field, preferably away from cars/windows. Where are you going to find that in an urban area?
-Need at least 6 or 7 people per team to cover bases, pitch, catch, and cover the outfield.
-Need gloves, the ball, bats and makeshift bases.

Takes too much shit to get going. You can grab a basketball and play by your damn self if need be. For football, you just need a big area and a handful of people for a full-fledged game- even less if you just want to go play catch or "smear the queer" or whatever. Plus it's boring as all balls.

Bump 04-11-2013 10:29 AM

probably because baseball is so ****ing boring