ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276386)

keg in kc 09-17-2013 05:51 PM

Fox: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

(I could swear I started a thread on this back in may, but I can't find it, so apologies if I'm Q'ing myself.)

Premieres on Fox tonight, 8:30/7:30c.

Looks funny, and several reviewers are calling it the best new sitcom of the season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D1UzmW77F30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-17-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9988238)
(I could swear I started a thread on this back in may, but I can't find it, so apologies if I'm Q'ing myself.)

Premieres on Fox tonight, 8:30/7:30c.

Looks funny, and several reviewers are calling it the best new sitcom of the season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D1UzmW77F30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Andy was pretty game on this week's Comedy Bang! Bang! [the podcast, not the IFC show, though he was good on that too earlier this summer]. Good mix of picking up on Aukerman's absurdity and being flabbergasted by it. Even made Eddie Pepitone somewhat funny.

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2013 12:06 AM

I loved it

keg in kc 09-18-2013 04:53 AM

That was good.

More surprisingly, I didn't hate Dads. Which I'd heard was all sorts of terrible.

the Talking Can 09-18-2013 06:13 AM

man, i thought Dads was terrible...every joke was a groaner, and the whole thing looked cheap

Brooklyn 99 was better than i expected

keg in kc 09-18-2013 06:31 AM

I have a thing for hot asian chicks. I can't really remember anything else from Dads.

Dayze 09-18-2013 07:27 AM

I know the wife set up the DVR to records Dads, and I 'think' she did as well with 99. I hope so

Frosty 09-19-2013 01:18 PM

My wife thought it was dumb, I got some laughs out of it and my 16 year old son cracked up throughout the whole thing.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-19-2013 01:20 PM

Dads lol.

Not a chance Ill watch that garbage.

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9993551)
My wife thought it was dumb, I got some laughs out of it and my 16 year old son cracked up throughout the whole thing.

I actually watched it twice and laughed at the same jokes.

:D

I was concerned that this would be a short lived Andy Samberg vehicle but the casting was excellent and the ensemble approach makes it much more likely that it will have legs.

Frosty 09-19-2013 02:31 PM

There were times that I felt he was trying too hard to be "wacky" and it felt forced. If they tone that down, it should be really good.

I like that Chelsea Peretti is in it. I think she is pretty funny.

DaneMcCloud 09-19-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9993745)
There were times that I felt he was trying too hard to be "wacky" and it felt forced. If they tone that down, it should be really good.

I like that Chelsea Peretti is in it. I think she is pretty funny.

The only thing that felt slightly "forced" to me was Joe Lo Truglio's character but since it was the pilot episode, it didn't bother me.

Frosty 09-19-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9993767)
The only thing that felt slightly "forced" to me was Joe Lo Truglio's character but since it was the pilot episode, it didn't bother me.

I didn't mind him too much. The black guy that was afraid of danger was kind of dumb. I'm nit-picking, though. I think it will get better.

Baby Lee 09-19-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9989769)
man, i thought Dads was terrible...every joke was a groaner, and the whole thing looked cheap

Brooklyn 99 was better than i expected

Getting around to B-99, unfortunately the DVR caught the end of Dads. 5 consecutive tiny Asian penis jokes didn't help their rep.

DJ's left nut 09-19-2013 02:58 PM

Andre Braugher playing the straight man bothers me.

It's giving Mario Batali a pot of water, a jar of ragu and some frozen ravioli. Oh sure, he may know some trick to make pre-fab spaghetti sauce and frozen pasta slightly better, but it's still frozen ravioli and Ragu.

It just feels like a waste of a hell of an actor.

Let's not act like Louis Gossett Jr. is up to anything these days. Hell, what's Yaphet Kotto's number? I'd watch this show if he showed up and just played Alonso Mosely from Midnight Run.

Ving Rames? Courtney Vance? Steve Harris just played a detective in Awake.

C'mon - we could've found a much less qualified guy to come in and play the straight laced black guy captain that Andy Samberg bounces off of, right?