ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Moonshiners (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254794)

Dayze 01-09-2012 09:36 AM

speaking of fake..
My wife likes to watch the show 'Decoded' by Brad Meztler (she likes his books).

they did a piece on the secrecy surrounding Area 51. The team of 'investigators' drove out to the Desert and got as close as they could to the facility. a sign read 'Deadly force authorized beyond this point" etc. They got out, while remaining on the correct side of the line, and walked up to a small hill. The security team from Area 51, who had been watching from afar in their pickup trucks, began driving down to 'intercept them.

One of the members of the 'investigative team' says "Look, here they come. We gotta get out of here".

next thing you know, there's footage of them driving off/speeding off. ....so uh, did they just leave the camera man behind?

lol. lame.

Dayze 01-09-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane (Post 8278397)
Dumbest and fakest show ever.Bullshit tv does a good job of drawing in the idiots with promises of "reality tv".Worst ****ing acting jobs ever.

ever see the show Operation Repo?
holy hell, it's horrible. I stumbled on it after watching an episode of COPS.

it was like the WWF of reality TV. Like, clearly staged bad.

LiveSteam 01-09-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 8278503)
Damn, didn't know there were different generations to it. My father owns a pepperbox dragoon from the civil war.

Look like this?
http://www.gunsinternational.com/All...n_id=100197378

Thats a bad economy price tag. You couldn't touch that for under $2200 six years ago.

HemiEd 01-09-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8278306)
I have watched one episode of the show. It did not interest me. I have watched Pawn Stars, Deadliest Catch and American pickers and enjoyed them. I moved to North Carolina a while back and Tickle reminds me of several guys I have met down here~

He reminds me of a lot of guys I have met everywhere. :D

HemiEd 01-09-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 8278415)
I caught an episode of cajan pawn stars yesterday. A guy bought an 1800's colt dragoon revolver. Sold it for 6k and it was valued at 12k.

Did you see the one where the guy brought in matching (sister) sets of 5,000 and 10,000 dollar bills? He offered $575,000 and the guy wouldn't come off of $800,000.

The Roy Orbison first recording?

All of this is a lot more interesting than the endless someone gets murdered in the first minute, then the spend the rest of the show solving it bullshit.

RNR 01-09-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8278662)
He reminds me of a lot of guys I have met everywhere. :D

True but the accent, is spot on for the guys I am referring to. It is almost like a different language down here. The drive through is like Christmas for me. I order, they say something I cannot understand, I drive around to the window. The window opens they hand me my food and I open it up wondering what I got, as I know there is a 50/50 chance is not what I ordered~

HemiEd 01-09-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8278726)
True but the accent, is spot on for the guys I am referring to. It is almost like a different language down here. The drive through is like Christmas for me. I order, they say something I cannot understand, I drive around to the window. The window opens they hand me my food and I open it up wondering what I got, as I know there is a 50/50 chance is not what I ordered~

LMAO I forgot about that, I used to travel I-40 coast to coast on business.

Yeah, I absolutely love those accents. All across from East Texas, through Arkansas all the way to the Atlantic.

My neighbor down at Tablerock has a wife that is from Arkansas, ROFL, I love listening to her talk.

RNR 01-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8278735)
LMAO I forgot about that, I used to travel I-40 coast to coast on business.

Yeah, I absolutely love those accents. All across from East Texas, through Arkansas all the way to the Atlantic.

My neighbor down at Tablerock has a wife that is from Arkansas, ROFL, I love listening to her talk.

If they talk slow I can understand them. Many of them talk very fast and they run their words together, it is very hard to understand them. I kid you not I go out to eat with some of the guys I work with and they will translate the Subway workers for me. There also are people from the backwoods that I simply cannot understand at all. They are friendly but when they speak to me I just have to nod and pretend I understand them~

jdubya 01-09-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8277932)
All of these new "reality" shows are fake. The repo ones, the storage wars, the pickers, the pawn shops...all fake.

I agree. The "reality" shows are no longer anything but just plain Hollywood crap. As someone else said above, I just can`t see "moonshining" as a high priority for law enforcement anymore. Here in NorCal they don`t even give a crap about the Mex pot cartels that are taking over the national forrests. Would love to have our military train in Shasta-Trinity and Mendocino County with "live" ammo and clean this crap up once and for all.

HemiEd 01-09-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 8278792)
If they talk slow I can understand them. Many of them talk very fast and they run their words together, it is very hard to understand them. I kid you not I go out to eat with some of the guys I work with and they will translate the Subway workers for me. There also are people from the backwoods that I simply cannot understand at all. They are friendly but when they speak to me I just have to nod and pretend I understand them~

ROFL, I hear ya, it is fun though right? I really enjoy the regional accents.

I get a lot of calls from NY, and I have to tell them, I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND YOU, back up, slow down, and start over please. Usually due to the speed like you are referring to.

RNR 01-09-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8278861)
ROFL, I hear ya, it is fun though right? I really enjoy the regional accents.

I get a lot of calls from NY, and I have to tell them, I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND YOU, back up, slow down, and start over please. Usually due to the speed like you are referring to.

I hang a ton of trash on the guys I know down here. But the truth is they are very friendly and I live close to many cool places to visit. I miss the people back home but I do not miss Kansas at all~

Dunit35 01-09-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 8278560)
Look like this?
http://www.gunsinternational.com/All...n_id=100197378

Thats a bad economy price tag. You couldn't touch that for under $2200 six years ago.

Yep, exactly like it. Passed down from generation to generation.

JohnnyHammersticks 01-25-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8277904)
I am shamed to admit this....but I am hooked on this show. LMAO

"Tickle" LMAO

If someone would've told me two weeks ago that I'd be into this show, I'd have thought they were nuts, but Moonshiners is like freaking crack. I had it on in the background about a week ago during back-to-back episodes and now somehow I'm a full-blown addict. I'm thinking about naming my first son Jim Tom.

Unsmooth-Moment 01-25-2013 01:55 AM

It's funny watching Tickle drive around drinking from his beer getting completely shit faced. Show has to be staged, but I do watch it weekly.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-25-2013 06:47 AM

I've only caught the last couple of episodes as I wasn't expecting it to be signed on for a second season... It's just as good as last season so far!

yay Tickle!