ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Are you all going to freak out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266737)

ChiefsCountry 11-17-2012 11:43 PM

Notre Dame and Bama would be a ratings boom.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9127471)
Notre Dame and Bama would be a ratings boom.
Posted via Mobile Device

It would undoubtedly provide the largest BCS viewing audience of all time.

Inbreds versus Molesters.

Ratings king.

BigMeatballDave 11-17-2012 11:55 PM

The BCS will be proven to be a ****ing joke if Florida gets in.

Winning your conference should be required.

BigMeatballDave 11-17-2012 11:57 PM

No wonder DA likes the BCS. You can back into the NC game in its current format.

tk13 11-17-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9127492)
The BCS will be proven to be a ****ing joke if Florida gets in.

Winning your conference should be required.

The funny thing is if ND loses and it's a bunch of 1-loss teams... I think you could argue Florida has the best resume of any of them, even though they are probably not one of the two best teams.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127502)
The funny thing is if ND loses and it's a bunch of 1-loss teams... I think you could argue Florida has the best resume of any of them, even though they are probably not one of the two best teams.

It makes absolutely no sense to me to be allowed to play for the NC without winning your conference.

I realize ND is not in a conference, so making it an official NCAA rule would not fly.

ND needs to stop being a ****ing douche and join a conference.

DaKCMan AP 11-18-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127502)

If Florida beats Florida State they'd have an 11-1 record while playing the #1 schedule, three wins over top-10 teams, and the only loss to another top-10 team at a neutral site.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9127323)
UCLA will beat Oregon.

I don't think so.

DaKCMan AP 11-18-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9127510)
It makes absolutely no sense to me to be allowed to play for the NC without winning your conference.

I realize ND is not in a conference, so making it an official NCAA rule would not fly.

ND needs to stop being a ****ing douche and join a conference.

It's a pretty simple concept. It depends whether you think the NC should be played by the best 2 teams in the country or whether it should be the best two teams from different conferences. IMO, the best 2 teams, regardless of conference, should play for the NC.

When 6 of the top-10 teams are from a single conference and no other conference has more than 1 top-10 team, it's a pretty weak statement to claim "WELL WELL WELL YOU DIDN'T EVEN WIN YOUR CONFERENCE! DURRRRRRRR" when the other conferences are MUCH easier to win.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 12:12 AM

Imagine if Ohio St. was not on probation.

A TON here would HATE that NC game,

LMAO

As much as I dislike ND, I hope they best USC so Florida doesn't get in.

Plus, it'll be fun to watch Alabama push NDs shit in.

chiefzilla1501 11-18-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9127520)
It's a pretty simple concept. It depends whether you think the NC should be played by the best 2 teams in the country or whether it should be the best two teams from different conferences. IMO, the best 2 teams, regardless of conference, should play for the NC.

When 6 of the top-10 teams are from a single conference and no other conference has more than 1 top-10 team, it's a pretty weak statement to claim "WELL WELL WELL YOU DIDN'T EVEN WIN YOUR CONFERENCE! DURRRRRRRR" when the other conferences are MUCH easier to win.

This is the same dumb logic that would suggest that the AFC doesn't deserve to be in the Super Bowl because they are playing inferior to the NFC this year. Or the same dumb logic that would suggest that the entire decade from 2000-2010, the Yankees should have played the Red Sox in the world series every year.

The best two teams don't always play in championship games. In college football, there are too few games, and half of those games or more are against shitty competition. The ONLY way to compare two teams is if they are in the same conference. For a sport that already relies too heavily on opinion, why in the world would you take away the only tiebreaker that's truly objective?

mr. tegu 11-18-2012 12:20 AM

In a few years we will finally see a real champion.

Besides I don't think there will be two SEC teams if ND loses. That would mean a team that didn't even finish first in their division plays in the title game. Since the conference championship loser will have two losses they are out, then you want to tell me the third or fourth place team in the SEC will be rewarded with a title game? I don't see it.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9127542)
In a few years we will finally see a real champion.

Besides I don't think there will be two SEC teams if ND loses. That would mean a team that didn't even finish first in their division plays in the title game. Since the conference championship loser will have two losses they are out, then you want to tell me the third or fourth place team in the SEC will be rewarded with a title game? I don't see it.

Nope. Florida can still get in. And they won't even be playing for the SEC title.

BCS = ****ing travesty

KC_Connection 11-18-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9127527)
Imagine if Ohio St. was not on probation.

A TON here would HATE that NC game,

LMAO

As much as I dislike ND, I hope they best USC so Florida doesn't get in.

Plus, it'll be fun to watch Alabama push NDs shit in.

Yes, yes it will. I can see a ton of media hype and then just a blowout.

TimeForWasp 11-18-2012 12:24 AM

;)