ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft A mock draft that will make your heads explode (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268335)

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gta0012 (Post 9266881)
Hate me all you want guys but I'm really scared we're going to reach for a QB who wouldn't be a first round pick in any of the past 5 years. I really want a franchise QB I'm just getting scared of how large a risk it will be with our pick.

So who is your QB next year for KC?

cdcox 01-02-2013 12:32 AM

My house is in need of improvements. The house is too cold because the HVAC system is broken and it is poorly insulated. I have two options and both will cost the same:

1. I can get top of the line insulation and new energy efficient windows and a make do HVAC system. The insulation and window contractor has impeccable references in all the best neighborhoods. I'll have really really good insulation. But I'll have to settle for a used 5-year-old heat pump from a manufacturer that went out of business. The contractor is a guy that does it part time out of his garage. He supposedly knows his stuff, but can't give me any references.

2. I can get a new mid-range brand-name heat pump from a licensed contractor. Good references. But he's only been in business 2 years and the labor warranty would be invalid if he went out of business. I'll have enough left over to get better insulation in the attic too.

OPTION 1!!!!! /Exoter175

Exoter175 01-02-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9266850)
I've never seen so many people quoted in one post.

Glad I could set the record for you :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9266879)
If its a mod they are wasting a lot of effort on this.

Not a mod, not a fake account, multi account, or anything like that.

Quote:

Hate me all you want guys but I'm really scared we're going to reach for a QB who wouldn't be a first round pick in any of the past 5 years. I really want a franchise QB I'm just getting scared of how large a risk it will be with our pick.

Pretty much, just because we need a QB, doesn't mean we have to take him in the first round. If the top 8 QB's are all basically the same talent, why not wait until the second and get an immediate starter in the first as well? Bang for your buck baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9266882)
I will offer a sig-bet. I bet there are at least four QBs taken in the first round. Who wants to take me on?

**** yeah, lets do it. I need a fancy sig.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9266891)
My house is in need of improvements. The house is too cold because the HVAC system is broken and it is poorly insulated. I have two options and both will cost the same:

1. I can get top of the line insulation and new energy efficient windows and a make do HVAC system. The insulation and window contractor has impeccable references in all the best neighborhoods. I'll have really really good insulation. But I'll have to settle for a used 5-year-old heat pump from a manufacturer that went out of business. The contractor is a guy that does it part time out of his garage. He supposedly knows his stuff, but can't give me any references.

2. I can get a new mid-range brand-name heat pump from a licensed contractor. Good references. But he's only been in business 2 years and the labor warranty would be invalid if he went out of business. I'll have enough left over to get better insulation in the attic too.

OPTION 1!!!!! /Exoter175

Worst analogy EVER.

As of this moment, whoever the talent is for the first QB taken in the draft, can have similar talent taken in the second round of the draft. That's why I'm not opposed to taking a guy like Te'o who won't be available in the second round, nor will his talent.

Believe me though, I want Geno to blow the **** up at the combine so we can justify spending that #1 pick on a QB, and shit all over the ****ing drafted QB curse we have in KC. Then I'll dance all over Pioli's grave as Clark sails this ship to the promised land.

Imon Yourside 01-02-2013 12:43 AM

I saw it and my head didn't explode.

Nightfyre 01-02-2013 12:44 AM

for one month after the first day of the draft then?

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9266905)
As of this moment, whoever the talent is for the first QB taken in the draft, can have similar talent taken in the second round of the draft. That's why I'm not opposed to taking a guy like Te'o who won't be available in the second round, nor will his talent.

Believe me though, I want Geno to blow the **** up at the combine so we can justify spending that #1 pick on a QB, and shit all over the ****ing drafted QB curse we have in KC. Then I'll dance all over Pioli's grave as Clark sails this ship to the promised land.

See the problem is a lot of people here already think Geno and Wilson are better than the guys that will be around in the 2nd round. I'm not settling for the 4th or 5th QB in the draft that is not as good(even if its not enormous), because of Teo or a LT.

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

For the trillionth time, the new CBA means there's virtually no risk. If Geno somehow does suck, get rid of him and draft a new one.

KCrockaholic 01-02-2013 12:54 AM

Kenny Vaccaro going 5th overall....

W. T. FUUUUUU

Exoter175 01-02-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9266910)
for one month after the first day of the draft then?

Sounds good to me :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9266909)
I saw it and my head didn't explode.

Right? Basically how I feel right now having watched Geno's final two games thinking.....this guy is supposed to be a cut above the rest? Only with our luck would we get this draft class with the #1 pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9266920)
See the problem is a lot of people here already think Geno and Wilson are better than the guys that will be around in the 2nd round. I'm not settling for the 4th or 5th QB in the draft that is not as good(even if its not enormous), because of Teo or a LT.

The problem with that is the rest of the world doesn't agree. There are Mocks that have 1 QB in the first, 4, 2, 3, none. 4 different QB's listed as the first QB pick. Hell, 6 months ago, Geno was THE guy. He was hands down the unanimous pick for the #1 QB taken, now that isn't the case and I've seen Mocks with him in the second round.

What that says to me is that there is no consensus. This time last year and all year before that, there was no doubt that Luck/RG3 were #1/#2 QB's taken. Not so much this year.

This draft reminds me more of the Browns, when they went and grabbed who was it? Joe Thomas, Left Tackle, then traded up to draft Brady Quinn 1 spot ahead of Kansas City before we drafted him, which I believe was still a Carl Peterson team and he went on record to say he would have drafted him at that spot too.

I'm just saying as of right now, I think Te'O is hands down the best at his position, and I think we can easily get one of the best players in this draft, as well as a young talented QB who is "on par" with everyone else in this draft class, at the number 2 spot.

Admittedly, I do have a lot of video to watch on Smith and Bray, so that could change. But what I have seen so far, I'm not sure there is enough separation to say without a doubt, that Geno is the #1 guy hands down. Although, that being said, from the 4 games I've watched this year with Geno, I'm not opposed to him being a Chief at all, I do like him as a QB, but I don't love him yet. And that could change with time and with more metrics.

Exoter175 01-02-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9266923)
For the trillionth time, the new CBA means there's virtually no risk. If Geno somehow does suck, get rid of him and draft a new one.

Actually, it means you no longer have to worry about drafting a position in the top 5 that you wouldn't normally draft that high because you'd have to pay him out the ass.

Not that you can magically waste a ****ing draft pick because you aren't going to have to pay them.

Jesus Christ people.

NJChiefsFan 01-02-2013 01:05 AM

The problem is that the rookie wage scale has changed the scenario that existed the year the Browns did that. The risk with a QB has dropped a ton. When you consider how important a QB is I don't think its a hard decision. Geno/Siler vs. Bray/Teo. I don't have to think twice about that. You are much more likely to find an impact ILB later in the draft, in FA, or hell, undrafted ie. the guy Teo would be replacing.

We have 3 very good LB's. We won't be killed if the 4th isn't amazing. We can't **** around getting a QB. I think its foolish to be alright taking the 3rd or 4th, maybe 5th QB in the draft so we can improve another position. ILB isn't even our second most important position. You could argue that besides CB its behind DE and S.

jd1020 01-02-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9266942)
Actually, it means you no longer have to worry about drafting a position in the top 5 that you wouldn't normally draft that high because you'd have to pay him out the ass.

Not that you can magically waste a ****ing draft pick because you aren't going to have to pay them.

Jesus Christ people.

By all means, lets go out and draft an ILB #1 because "its not a wasted pick."

Exoter175 01-02-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9266947)
The problem is that the rookie wage scale has changed the scenario that existed the year the Browns did that. The risk with a QB has dropped a ton. When you consider how important a QB is I don't think its a hard decision. Geno/Siler vs. Bray/Teo. I don't have to think twice about that. You are much more likely to find an impact ILB later in the draft, in FA, or hell, undrafted ie. the guy Teo would be replacing.

We have 3 very good LB's. We won't be killed if the 4th isn't amazing. We can't **** around getting a QB. I think its foolish to be alright taking the 3rd or 4th, maybe 5th QB in the draft so we can improve another position. ILB isn't even our second most important position. You could argue that besides CB its behind DE and S.

I would disagree with you. Our needs are exactly this.

1. QB
2. CB/ILB
3. Tackle
4-whatever Guard, DE, Safety, Tight End.

The point you are just not getting is the talent difference here, and how marginally they might be, or more importantly, where our FO decides to place them at.

Imagine this was Madden for a second, so I can dumb this down.

you have 5 QB's in the first two rounds, they are ranked as such.

1. Smith: 82 Overall
2. Barkley: 81 Overall
3. Wilson: 81 Overall
4. Bray: 80 Overall
5. Glennon: 77 Overall

2 of those guys will get taken in the first round, the other 3 will be available in the second round.

Now lets say ILB goes like this

1. Te'O: 87 Overall
2. Minter: 83 Overall
3. Ogletree: 81 Overall
4. Johnson: 80 Overall
5. Skov: 78 Overall

You're telling me that you wouldn't take, say, Te'O at an overall score of 87, and then draft Wilson at an 81 overall? Instead you'd take Smith at 82 and Ogletree at 81? Seems like you get better Value out of Te'o/Wilson than Smith/Ogletree.

Of course, that is under the assumption that no QB separates themselves and proves to be elite, because none of them have so far.

RealSNR 01-02-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9266829)
Lets go draft a punter, because apparently I'm on board for drafting a punter with the #1 pick, call me Taco of Tacocorp and load me up with Kickers.

You basically, are, yeah. Play it off with sarcasm, but Jovan Belcher's spot in our 3-4 defense isn't that ****ing important. Why the **** would we even CONSIDER drafting that spot at #1 overall when it can be had later in the draft?

And before you say "these QBs can be drafted later on," the answer is "No." They should not be drafted later. They're so much more ****ing important. The potential reward is higher, and the potential bust factor is negligible.

RealSNR 01-02-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9266957)

Now lets say ILB goes like this

1. Te'O: 87 Overall
2. Minter: 83 Overall
3. Ogletree: 81 Overall
4. Johnson: 80 Overall
5. Skov: 78 Overall

You're telling me that you wouldn't take, say, Te'O at an overall score of 87, and then draft Wilson at an 81 overall? Instead you'd take Smith at 82 and Ogletree at 81? Seems like you get better Value out of Te'o/Wilson than Smith/Ogletree.

What are the kicker/punter rankings? If we could get a 99 punter with our 83 QB, and then pick up a 78 ILB, THEN we'd be talking!