ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody use gamefly? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171694)

Saulbadguy 05-25-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5790763)
The only problem with gamefly is that any game that has been out less than 6 months will be low availability. PERIOD. I couldn't warrant spending the money for the service to not even get the games I want to try. Most of the games I was actually able to get from gamefly were available at my local library for free.

Netflix was that way when it started, sometimes you had to wait awhile for new releases.

007 05-25-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 5790835)
Netflix was that way when it started, sometimes you had to wait awhile for new releases.

I had Netflix back when it first started and never had a problem getting the titles I wanted. We only dropped it because we just don't have enough time to watch enough movies to make the monthly fee worth it. It almost became work just to make sure we watched the 3 movies per month we had to in order to break even.

MoreLemonPledge 05-25-2009 12:53 PM

I spent more time waiting for games than I did playing them, even with two games out. The turn around time was always at least a week.

Canceled it after a couple of months.

007 05-26-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 5791154)
I spent more time waiting for games than I did playing them, even with two games out. The turn around time was always at least a week.

Canceled it after a couple of months.

It was 3-5 days for us. As long as you didn't have a low availability item in your 1 slot there was always a game. Thats what I didn't like about them though. Too many low availability games. Way too many.

Saulbadguy 05-26-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5792509)
It was 3-5 days for us. As long as you didn't have a low availability item in your 1 slot there was always a game. Thats what I didn't like about them though. Too many low availability games. Way too many.

I think the service should evolve and get better, it is still pretty young.

It's not like Netflix though where you have to watch a certain amount of movies to break even - I figure I can play the same game for several months and still be ahead with not having to buy the game.

007 05-26-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 5792512)
I think the service should evolve and get better, it is still pretty young.

It's not like Netflix though where you have to watch a certain amount of movies to break even - I figure I can play the same game for several months and still be ahead with not having to buy the game.

Completely agreed on that point. If you get a good game you can hold it forever if you want. Generally, if you keep it more than 4 months you should have just purchased it though.

Dunit35 05-26-2009 09:17 PM

Well, I got Dead Space from gamefly today...it took 3 shipping days.

MoreLemonPledge 05-27-2009 03:58 AM

I didn't understand why shipped out of PA when they have a distribution center in TX. I can't see how that would get to Kansas City faster. I was lucky to get it in a week.