ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Magic Mike (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260897)

Deberg_1990 06-28-2012 06:33 AM

Magic Mike

Anyone else interested? Its getting pretty good reviews. Im a big Soderbergh fan.

IM starting to think this is going to be a big sleeper hit. Ive had about 5 or 6 of my female FB friends post something to the effect of: "I cant wait to see Magic Mike!"

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/magic_mike/

CoMoChief 06-28-2012 06:59 AM

the movie looks dreamy

KCUnited 06-28-2012 07:05 AM

There's only 1 Magic Mike, Bass Is The Name Of The Game.

Micjones 06-28-2012 07:40 AM

Channing Tatum is overrated and it's a film about male dancers.
That's a virtual "keep out" sign for me.

Deberg_1990 06-28-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8706721)
Channing Tatum is overrated and it's a film about male dancers.
That's a virtual "keep out" sign for me.

Well, im not sure hes really "rated" but he does have a certain charm and charisma. Epsecially with the female persuasion.

SuperChief 06-28-2012 08:48 AM

Come on . . . it's "the Citizen Kane of stripper movies." A must-see, for sure.

Micjones 06-28-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8706794)
Well, im not sure hes really "rated" but he does have a certain charm and charisma. Epsecially with the female persuasion.

I think he's pretty well respected in Hollywood.
He's been offered a number of leading roles the last 3 years.

I don't think he has the chops to be a leading man, but several directors disagree with me.

wilas101 06-28-2012 09:12 AM

I told my wife I was going to go sit outside the theater and troll for horny middle aged women as they exit after watching this movie.

She was less than impressed with my plan. I even offered to let her join in. /shrug

Micjones 06-28-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilas101 (Post 8706952)
I told my wife I was going to go sit outside the theater and troll for horny middle aged women as they exit after watching this movie.

She was less than impressed with my plan. I even offered to let her join in. /shrug

Wouldn't you rather have a shot at the horny young women exiting the theater?

The Franchise 06-28-2012 09:23 AM

My wife will be going to see this with friends. I'll be going to see Ted.

Micjones 06-28-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8706980)

I'm sure you'll be a lucky man that evening.

wilas101 06-28-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8706976)
Wouldn't you rather have a shot at the horny young women exiting the theater?

It seemed more like a middle aged lonely housewife type movie from the few things I've seen and heard of it so I based my plan from that.

young horny women are cool too though. I wouldn't discriminate or anything.

Bowser 06-28-2012 10:53 AM

This thread would make more sense if Luv or Lumpy had started it.

And this movie is going to suck the money out of housewives and horny young girls like a Dyson.

Mr. Laz 06-28-2012 11:27 AM

you know how i know you're gay?

Brock 06-28-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8707293)

this

Deberg_1990 06-28-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8707187)
This thread would make more sense if Luv or Lumpy had started it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8707293)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8707336)
this

IM a Soderberg fan. He elevates any material. Plus, i like the fact that its a human based drama right in the middle of CGI summer blockbusters.

Brock 06-28-2012 11:53 AM

From a review:

Quote:

He's second banana to the club's owner/emcee Dallas (Matthew McConaughey in full-on self-parody mode), who is preparing to relocate his operation to the big time in Miami. Mike doesn't want to be grinding onstage at 40, like fellow performers Ken (Matt Bomer,"White Collar"), who performs as Barbie's dream beau; Tarzan (weathered WWE star Kevin Nash); Latin loverboy Tito (Adam Rodriguez, "CSI: Miami"), and Big Dick Richie ("True Blood" werewolf Joe Manganiello).
:LOL:

BigRedChief 06-28-2012 05:12 PM

IRL this is right up the street from where I work. The address in the movie is IRL the adress where I work. It's some writers inside joke i guess.

Discuss Thrower 06-28-2012 05:47 PM

Anyone who wants to make a fast buck: Get supplies for a 'passion party' and post up outside the theater. You. Will. Make. Bank.

Reaper16 06-28-2012 06:44 PM

I might see this at midnight. I am totally excited.

BigMeatballDave 06-28-2012 06:57 PM

Clay will be all over this!

BigMeatballDave 06-28-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8708297)
I might see this at midnight. I am totally excited.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-h...eIfSerious.png

Mr. Laz 06-28-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8707348)
IM a Soderberg fan. He elevates any material. Plus, i like the fact that its a human based drama right in the middle of CGI summer blockbusters.

doesn't matter what it is or who made it, it's still about men getting nekkid

why in hell would any straight guy want to see guys getting nekkid?

Reaper16 06-28-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708327)

Because, with Soderbergh at the helm, there's a good chance that this movie is not simply the sum of its marketing. It might have interesting things to say about the people that work at (and people who attend) these kinds of male strip shows.

Also, if you can't look at the male physique without getting weirded out then you have some issues.

BigMeatballDave 06-28-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

I don't have a problem with guys getting naked as long as there is a chick naked with them.

I don't wanna see guys dancing around like this. Zero interest.

BigMeatballDave 06-28-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8708335)

Also, if you can't look at the male physique without getting weirded out then you have some issues.

I've seen Brokeback Mt., so no.

I just think a movie about male strippers is a shitty idea.

Looks like the penis version to Showgirls.

Reaper16 06-28-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8708346)
I've seen Brokeback Mt., so no.

I just think a movie about male strippers is a shitty idea.

Looks like the penis version to Showgirls.

It might be. It might also feature far fewer minutes of actual strip routine than the commercials would indicate. I'm going to take a chance on this.

Mr. Laz 06-28-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Because, with Soderbergh at the helm, there's a good chance that this movie is not simply the sum of its marketing. It might have interesting things to say about the people that work at (and people who attend) these kinds of male strip shows.

not 'weirded' out at all

just have no desire at all to see a movie about men stripping

If i didn't pay good money to see Showgirls then i sure as hell ain't going to pay to see Showboys.

SAUTO 06-28-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8708352)
It might be. It might also feature far fewer minutes of actual strip routine than the commercials would indicate. I'm going to take a chance on this.

This shit looks hilarious, I'll see it, probably not in the theaters, but only because I rarely go to movies

Though I have been more lately.

**** it I might just take the wife to go see this
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 06-28-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8708366)
This shit looks hilarious, I'll see it, probably not in the theaters, but only because I rarely go to movies

Though I have been more lately.

**** it I might just take the wife to go see this
Posted via Mobile Device

take her and get her all hornied up

then go home and do a strip routine for her :D

QuikSsurfer 06-28-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708371)

http://i.minus.com/icmuvmx4BaQTS.gif

SAUTO 06-28-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708371)

Dude she is pregnant.

Right in that good phase
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 06-28-2012 07:37 PM

BTW -- I heard that Olivia Wilde gets naked in this movie. So there.

Brock 06-28-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8708130)
IRL this is right up the street from where I work. The address in the movie is IRL the adress where I work. It's some writers inside joke i guess.

Yeah? Where is it you live again for the 500th time?

Deberg_1990 06-28-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

The trailer looks good. Yes they are selling the "men getting naked" angle to get the ladies in the door, but i think theres probably a little more going on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dd0XPRo4LZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big nasty kcnut 06-28-2012 08:22 PM

Sorry i don't like looking at other guys. Also get a couple of copies of fifty shades of grey sell them outside the movie house you will make bank.

JD10367 06-28-2012 09:10 PM

It's a rom-com about a male stripper who yearns for more. Gotta hand it to Soderburgh, at least he's one director who found a movie idea that wasn't a sequel or a remake.

I think this film will make more money than people think. Guys like Tatum (no homo) from his roles in "G.I. Joe" and "21 Jump Street". Girls--lots of them--are dying to see this film, as it combines both a romantic comedy AND dangling penii. (Every woman who's walked through my theater lobby in the past month has looked at the banner for this film, stopped, and gotten that "unfocused eye" look. I think I might sit outside the theater door and sell vibrators for ten bucks a whack.) Some guys will see it with their women, hoping they score. Other guys will see it with their boyfriends, hoping they score. :dom: I'll see it 'cause I don't have to pay for it, so why the hell not.

Micjones 06-29-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

I guess I have some issues then.
Something tells me there are better ways to prove how comfortable I am in my sexuality than watching a half-naked man gyrating.

Micjones 06-29-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8708362)
If i didn't pay good money to see Showgirls then i sure as hell ain't going to pay to see Showboys.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Deberg_1990 06-29-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8708541)
Gotta hand it to Soderburgh, at least he's one director who found a movie idea that wasn't a sequel or a remake.

Dude is fearless. in 1 year hes made a Virus flick, a balls out action flick with a female lead and now this. I cant think of too many directors out there with his all around range.

I wish more directors would expand out of their comfort zone like he does.

the Talking Can 06-29-2012 09:01 AM

anything soderbergh does is worth watching...assuming you aren't unsure about your own sexuality, of course...

Fish 06-29-2012 09:15 AM

Well hell... anyone actually comfortable with their own sexuality should have no problems giving another guy a BJ in the back alley.

Is that pretty much the hyperbola going on here?

Micjones 06-29-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8709041)
Well hell... anyone actually comfortable with their own sexuality should have no problems giving another guy a BJ in the back alley.

Is that pretty much the hyperbola going on here?

/thread

Reaper16 06-29-2012 11:20 AM

I'm not saying that you need to watch male strippers to prove you aren't gay. I'm not saying that you should find anything enjoyable about scantily-clad men.

I'm saying that the presence of scantily-clad men in a film shouldn't give you the willies. That's it. There's nothing creepy about it. There's nothing gross. Boring? Sure. But a reaction of "ewwwww, men" is childish and insecure.

Shit, if women acted towards every other mainstream film (which are loaded with scantily-clad women) like you guys act towards Magic Mike then no women would watch movies.

phisherman 06-29-2012 11:28 AM

Knowing Soderbergh's films, a lot of the women just looking to ogle manflesh are probably going to get a little different film than they envisioned Magic Mike to be.

Bowser 06-29-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 8709319)
Knowing Soderbergh's films, a lot of the women just looking to ogle manflesh are probably going to get a little different film than they envisioned Magic Mike to be.

Yep, just like when he had that film with Sasha Grey a couple of years ago. Guys everywhere were like SASHA GREY **** YEA, then were treated to a boyfriend/girlfriend breakup movie.

PunkinDrublic 06-29-2012 11:38 AM

Uh no thanks there's already enough things out there that make me feel ashamed of my own body.

phisherman 06-29-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8709330)
Yep, just like when he had that film with Sasha Grey a couple of years ago. Guys everywhere were like SASHA GREY **** YEA, then were treated to a boyfriend/girlfriend breakup movie.

Exactly. That's just Soderbergh's sense of humor too, love it.

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 8709335)
Uh no thanks there's already enough things out there that make me feel ashamed of my own body.

Now THERE is a valid reason to not watch.

ROFL

FTR, I'll probably rent it.

JD10367 06-29-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 8709319)

Actually, I think women will love this movie because it's part man-ogling, part rom-com, part chick-flick-drama. And compared to the recent similar outings ("The Lucky One", "The Vow"), I bet this one does better business. Girls, gays, and guys hoping to get sex from their wives/GFs after... decent market segment.

Micjones 06-29-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8709309)
I'm not saying that you need to watch male strippers to prove you aren't gay. I'm not saying that you should find anything enjoyable about scantily-clad men.

I'm saying that the presence of scantily-clad men in a film shouldn't give you the willies. That's it. There's nothing creepy about it. There's nothing gross. Boring? Sure. But a reaction of "ewwwww, men" is childish and insecure.

Shit, if women acted towards every other mainstream film (which are loaded with scantily-clad women) like you guys act towards Magic Mike then no women would watch movies.

I'm not sure anyone characterized it as "creepy". I think rather what you read were men saying "no thanks". Then it became a pissing match about how Soderbergh's work is such that we ought to overlook a bunch of men disrobing and gyrating.

I just don't understand why being okay with staring into Matthew McConaughey's bare chest is some measure of your being sexually enlightened.

JD10367 06-29-2012 12:36 PM

You're not gay just for going to see this movie. You're gay if you go to see this movie and put your hand in your pants. There's a difference.

phisherman 06-29-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8709464)
Actually, I think women will love this movie because it's part man-ogling, part rom-com, part chick-flick-drama. And compared to the recent similar outings ("The Lucky One", "The Vow"), I bet this one does better business. Girls, gays, and guys hoping to get sex from their wives/GFs after... decent market segment.

You're giving far too much credit to the average movie-goer for this flick.

I do find it interesting though that women are jumping on the bandwagon to see a flick that objectifies men in the same way that most media objectifies women. If men were lined up to see a movie celebrating female strippers, women would all consider us pigs.

The Franchise 06-29-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8709330)

That movie ****ING SUCKED!!!!

underEJ 06-29-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 8709505)
You're giving far too much credit to the average movie-goer for this flick.

I do find it interesting though that women are jumping on the bandwagon to see a flick that objectifies men in the same way that most media objectifies women. If men were lined up to see a movie celebrating female strippers, women would all consider us pigs.

This is an interesting point. I think men began getting the same treatment in the media along about the time Brad Pitt first took his shirt off in Thelma & Louise. The difference is that most men hadn't been raised with that in their face as an expectation at the time. As the pressure increases on men, and more boys grow up looking at a more objectified male in the media, who knows if they won't have similar issues to women.

Reaper16 06-29-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709481)
I'm not sure anyone characterized it as "creepy". I think rather what you read were men saying "no thanks". Then it became a pissing match about how Soderbergh's work is such that we ought to overlook a bunch of men disrobing and gyrating.

I just don't understand why being okay with staring into Matthew McConaughey's bare chest is some measure of your being sexually enlightened.

I'm not saying I am sexually enlightened. You're projecting. All I'm saying is that I'm not made so uncomfortable by male bodies that I won't take a chance to see what this film has to say about the human experience.

My original post was in response to a post from Laz that said "doesn't matter what it is or who made it, it's still about men getting nekkid

why in hell would any straight guy want to see guys getting nekkid?"

I perceived a possible creep-out factor, so I posted about it. Laz said he wasn't weirded-out by it. I dropped it...until you started replying to me with various projections.

Micjones 06-29-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8709584)
I'm not saying I am sexually enlightened. You're projecting. All I'm saying is that I'm not made so uncomfortable by male bodies that I won't take a chance to see what this film has to say about the human experience.

Reaper you're one of the few posters I respect here at ChiefsPlanet, but you're being intellectually dishonest.

The words "uninterested" and "uncomfortable" are not synonymous.

But to your point, let's suppose I am "uncomfortable"...
What, exactly, is the problem with a straight man being uncomfortable watching another man take his clothes off for the sole purpose of titillating?
We're not talking about the Michelangelo statue of David here. We're talking about men, in leather, grinding the air to turn someone on. Those are two entirely different things.

Quote:

I perceived a possible creep-out factor, so I posted about it. Laz said he wasn't weirded-out by it. I dropped it...until you started replying to me with various projections.
I didn't intend to single you out. In fairness to you, other people expressed a similar idea. I just despise this notion that straight men ought to be comfortable in these hetero-questionable situations, where it concerns other men, as a measure of their being comfortable in their sexuality.

With respect, that's bullshit.

luv 06-29-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8706980)

Personally, I'd rather see Ted.

luv 06-29-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8709309)

Exactly.

Reaper16 06-29-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709605)
Reaper you're one of the few posters I respect here at ChiefsPlanet, but you're being intellectually dishonest.

The words "uninterested" and "uncomfortable" are not synonymous.

But to your point, let's suppose I am "uncomfortable"...
What, exactly, is the problem with a straight man being uncomfortable watching another man take his clothes off for the sole purpose of titillating?
We're not talking about the Michelangelo statue of David here. We're talking about men, in leather, grinding the air to turn someone on. Those are two entirely different things.

I didn't intend to single you out. In fairness to you, other people expressed a similar idea. I just despise this notion that straight men ought to be comfortable in these hetero-questionable situations, where it concerns other men, as a measure of their being comfortable in their sexuality.

With respect, that's bullshit.

I agree with the bolded sentence. I have all along in this thread, actually.

Note that my initial response to Laz was mostly about why there might be an angle of interest for straight men to see the film. My line about being weirded-out was not even the focus of that post. Later, I posted about how I object to guys feeling creeped out by the subject matter, but how I don't object to guys meeting the film with a lack of interest.

If this movie were just strip routines then I'd have no interest in it either. To repeat, I'm not challenging the sexuality of people who don't feel like they'd be entertained by this movie. I do really think, though, that uncomfortability is a strange reaction to a male character in a film doing a gyration. Boredom seems like the more reasonable response.

My posting history on this board with respect to LGBTQ issues is well-known; people who have anti-gay politics, even because of their faith, piss me off. I do get upset when men express discomfort with anything that could possibly shaded as queer, so I like to call out irrational uncomfortability with such situations. I do sincerely think that any straight men should be able to watch this film without mental discomfort, just as I think that any reasonable person should be able to entertain and consider an idea that they don't agree with.

But by no means is this movie some kind of required test to prove one's straightness. I have never insinuated that.

luv 06-29-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709605)

He's saying that there's more to the movie than that, and that, just because there are men stripping in it, doesn't mean a guy shouldn't go see it. I'm not sure how on earth you keep complicating this.

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8709656)
He's saying that there's more to the movie than that, and that, just because there are men stripping in it, doesn't mean a guy shouldn't go see it. I'm not sure how on earth you keep complicating this.

luv, Micjones. Micjones, luv.

Now you've met.

Micjones 06-29-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8709651)
I agree with the bolded sentence. I have all along in this thread, actually.

Note that my initial response to Laz was mostly about why there might be an angle of interest for straight men to see the film. My line about being weirded-out was not even the focus of that post. Later, I posted about how I object to guys feeling creeped out by the subject matter, but how I don't object to guys meeting the film with a lack of interest.

If this movie were just strip routines then I'd have no interest in it either. To repeat, I'm not challenging the sexuality of people who don't feel like they'd be entertained by this movie. I do really think, though, that uncomfortability is a strange reaction to a male character in a film doing a gyration. Boredom seems like the more reasonable response.

My posting history on this board with respect to LGBTQ issues is well-known; people who have anti-gay politics, even because of their faith, piss me off. I do get upset when men express discomfort with anything that could possibly shaded as queer, so I like to call out irrational uncomfortability with such situations. I do sincerely think that any straight men should be able to watch this film without mental discomfort, just as I think that any reasonable person should be able to entertain and consider an idea that they don't agree with.

But by no means is this movie some kind of required test to prove one's straightness. I have never insinuated that.

I prefer not to dive headlong into a debate about LGBT acceptance or legitimacy. That's a debate neither of us currently has time for.

I think you took a jab at the men who seem to be uncomfortable about the idea of this film when you suggested they have "issues".
That's a quick way to make any such conversation confrontational.

You can't on the one hand tout your comfort level with seeing such a film as a badge of honor while you simultaneous sew a scarlet letter on the chest of the men who'd rather not see it. That seems...well...elitist.

I think the best way to get to the other side of the bridge is to recognize and respect the fact that "each is his own."

Micjones 06-29-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8709656)

I'm not complicating anything.
The fact that the film will obviously contain other situations was never up for debate.
And that's a clever way to move the goalposts.
The question stands.

And, please, let's not pretend that male stripping isn't part and parcel of the film's premise.

Lastly, Reaper (and don't misread this) can't be the arbiter of whether or not my reasons are legitimate/illegitimate. That's for me to decide.

The point is simply, if it's okay for him to see, it's okay for me to abstain.
And we walk away reading nothing into either of those decisions.

luv 06-29-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709678)
I'm not complicating anything.
The fact that the film will obviously contain other situations was never up for debate.
And that's a clever way to move the goalposts.
The question stands.

And, please, let's not pretend that male stripping isn't part and parcel of the film's premise.

I'm guessing you're a regular in DC, aren't you?

Micjones 06-29-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8709711)
I'm guessing you're a regular in DC, aren't you?

You'd be wrong about that.

luv 06-29-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709719)
You'd be wrong about that.

Ah, my bad. They like to pick apart and debate every aspect of what everyone says.

Reaper16 06-29-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709670)
I think you took a jab at the men who seem to be uncomfortable about the idea of this film when you suggested they have "issues".
That's a quick way to make any such conversation confrontational.

It was/is confrontational. I would very much like to confront any guy who is grossed out by male strippers (but not grossed out by female strippers). They definitely have issues of some kind. Preferably, those issues would be aspects of their sexuality that they have a hard time accepting. But the issues, most likely, are that the person is just a terrible human being.

Micjones 06-29-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8709777)
It was/is confrontational. I would very much like to confront any guy who is grossed out by male strippers (but not grossed out by female strippers).

Sexual orientation be damned? That's asinine.
This is an entirely emotional argument you're making.

Quote:

They definitely have issues of some kind. Preferably, those issues would be aspects of their sexuality that they have a hard time accepting. But the issues, most likely, are that the person is just a terrible human being.
That's my cue.
Good day sir.

Fire Me Boy! 06-29-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8709777)
It was/is confrontational. I would very much like to confront any guy who is grossed out by male strippers (but not grossed out by female strippers). They definitely have issues of some kind. Preferably, those issues would be aspects of their sexuality that they have a hard time accepting. But the issues, most likely, are that the person is just a terrible human being.

Let's call this a rain check. ROFL

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1...01233437pm.jpg

Micjones 06-29-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8709749)
Ah, my bad. They like to pick apart and debate every aspect of what everyone says.

I'm analytical. Sorry.

OnTheWarpath15 06-29-2012 02:45 PM

It "stars" Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey.

Reason enough not to spend money to see it.

Micjones 06-29-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8709825)
It "stars" Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey.

Reason enough not to spend money to see it.

McConaughey's got chops. Tatum? Not so much.

Reaper16 06-29-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709783)
Sexual orientation be damned? That's asinine.
This is an entirely emotional argument you're making.

You're damn right it's an emotional argument. I wear my Ally bias on my sleeve.

Deberg_1990 06-29-2012 07:53 PM

I guess stealing dance moves is a really huge no no in the stripping community and really bad form?

Channing Tatum Denies He Stole 'Magic Mike' Stripper Moves

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...stripper.jhtml

Channing Tatum is reacting to a group of male dancers who allege that the actor quite literally stole their moves for his new movie, "Magic Mike," which takes place in the shirtless world of male strippers.

Two male dancers, Thomas "Awesome" Austin and London Steele, who danced with Tatum while he was a stripper in Florida, told TMZ last week that the experiences in the film, and even Tatum's character's name (Magic Mike), are all their own. Austin told the website, "He only danced for four months. How many events could have happened to him?" He added that even Tatum's move in the film, the Hot Seat, is all his own

Director Steven Soderbergh has said that the film is loosely based on Tatum's experiences as a male dancer. And in a new interview, Tatum is opening up about the claims against him.

"Those guys have been trying to make money off of me since I got into this business," Tatum told reporters, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "Look, there's nothing that's factual in this whole movie other than that I was an 18-year-old kid and went into this world and I dropped out of college from playing football and was living on my sister's couch. There's not one character that I took from my real life; this is just a world that I went into, and I had a perspective on. And we created everything from a fictional place."

"Magic Mike" opens Friday, and Tatum is going into opening week with no ill will for his former co-workers. "I don't want to say anything bad about them because they're part of the reason why I think this world is so interesting," he said. "They're very interesting, intriguing and bizarre characters, and I'm thankful for weird people out there. They're some of the most creative people."

The June 29 film release also stars "True Blood" actor Joe Manganiello, "White Collar" star Matt Bomer and Matthew McConaughey.

In an interview with MTV News, Tatum recalled how the film came out of a conversation he had with Soderbergh. "I was having a beer with Soderbergh — we were doing a movie together — and I told him about [my past stripping]," he said. "I'd been doing it for eight months of my life when I was, like, 18 or 19, and he said, 'We gotta make a movie out of that.' And I was like, 'Why? Why do we need to do that?' And he said, 'I've never seen that world on film before.' And then we really started talking about that, and we thought it would be really hilarious but still grounded in reality."

kcxiv 06-29-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8709858)
McConaughey's got chops. Tatum? Not so much.

Im ok with McConaughey, he won me over in Dazed and Confused.

Anyways, my sister comes over today and is like wanna watch my daugher so i can go to the movies. haha i was like let me guess Magic Mike. lol How did i not know. haha Her Man works nights and im sure he wouldnt have went anyways. lol

mr. tegu 06-29-2012 10:32 PM

There was a line tonight to get into this movie. I counted ONE guy out of about 100 girls. I have no idea what this movie is but that pretty much told me all I needed to know.

cosmo20002 06-29-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8709490)
You're not gay just for going to see this movie. You're gay if you go to see this movie and put your hand in your pants. There's a difference.

True. But it doesn't help.

BillSelfsTrophycase 06-29-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8707348)
He elevates any material.

NTTAWWT

Deberg_1990 06-30-2012 09:54 AM

So it looks like this thing is projected to pull around 47 mil this weekend and TED will pull around 50 mil

I don't think anyone thought these would be huge summer hits a few weeks ago??

Chicks dig Tatum and guys dig McFarlane and Kunis.