ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Broncos Dir. of Player Personnel - DUI; Hits State Trooper's Car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274378)

Mile High Mania 07-10-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9802989)
Boom.

Wow ... 12 wins, eh? Jumping out with an 8-1 record.

6-2 on the road, 6-2 at home.

Sweeping the Chargers & Raiders...defeating the Texans, Cowboys and @ PHI. :clap: Thanks for playing... incredibly aggressive though.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9803006)
Wow ... 12 wins, eh? Jumping out with an 8-1 record.

6-2 on the road, 6-2 at home.

Sweeping the Chargers & Raiders...defeating the Texans, Cowboys and @ PHI. :clap: Thanks for playing... incredibly aggressive though.

If you're going to go, go big. And unlike last year's fiasco, this team under Reid truly does have the opportunity to make it "any given Sunday".

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 10:44 AM

Keep in mind, this is a "miracle case-scenario".

Mile High Mania 07-10-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9803008)
If you're going to go, go big. And unlike last year's fiasco, this team under Reid truly does have the opportunity to make it "any given Sunday".

So, that's your best case scenario, I take it.

There's no doubt in my mind the team will be better with Reid and Smith will be a very capable QB compared to what they've had before.

AFCW teams have a tough mix of games this year... it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9803014)
So, that's your best case scenario, I take it.

There's no doubt in my mind the team will be better with Reid and Smith will be a very capable QB compared to what they've had before.

AFCW teams have a tough mix of games this year... it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

The other factor, is the chip on the shoulder. I have no doubt whatsoever that the team will be more aggressive and fired-up under Reid. As long as the offense doesn't destroy the defense's resolve, they should start to feed off of each other nicely. I put no stock in the preseason, because they will be trying some things out and fine-tuning the whole show.
That said, I do believe that Jacksonville is about to get the ass-whipping of it's miserable existence come opening day.

MagicHef 07-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9803026)
The other factor, is the chip on the shoulder. I have no doubt whatsoever that the team will be more aggressive and fired-up under Reid. As long as the offense doesn't destroy the defense's resolve, they should start to feed off of each other nicely. I put no stock in the preseason, because they will be trying some things out and fine-tuning the whole show.
That said, I do believe that Jacksonville is about to get the ass-whipping of it's miserable existence come opening day.

Teams undergoing wholesale changes in scheme and roster do tend to play at a high level right out of the gate.

ptlyon 07-10-2013 11:25 AM

Sweet Daddy needs to address his secret internal battle

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-10-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9803083)
Teams undergoing wholesale changes in scheme and roster do tend to play at a high level right out of the gate.

Wholesale? No. A fine-tuning of the overall product? Yes. We're not dealing with a squad full of rookies here.

MagicHef 07-10-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9803090)
Wholesale? No. A fine-tuning of the overall product? Yes. We're not dealing with a squad full of rookies here.

Reid is going to run Daboll's offense? I can't count his many times I've heard people taking about how they will finally attack on defense this season.

Starters not on the team in 2012:

QB
TE
G (maybe)
RT
DE
ILB
CB
NCB

That's very significant.

Rasputin 07-10-2013 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=Dante84;9798929]http://media.thedenverchannel.com/ph....0_320_240.jpg

Did they get that photo from "Faces of Meth" ?

listopencil 07-10-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9803090)

All shit talking aside, I would think KC almost has to improve. They can't be as bad as they were last season. Even if Smith is no better than an improved Mark Asshole, at the very least you have an improved Mark Asshole. And he sucked. I mean, he really ****ing sucked. As in "destroy your team" sucked. Add in the fact that Reid is, I think, substantially more aggressive on Offense (maybe Defense) than any HC you've had since Haley was actually trying to win games and maybe you've got something. I don't know what that something is. I doubt that it's 11-13 wins. But it's got to be better than that joke of a team you guys had last year.

MagicHef 07-10-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9803118)
All shit talking aside, I would think KC almost has to improve. They can't be as bad as they were last season. Even if Smith is no better than an improved Mark Asshole, at the very least you have an improved Mark Asshole. And he sucked. I mean, he really ****ing sucked. As in "destroy your team" sucked. Add in the fact that Reid is, I think, substantially more aggressive on Offense (maybe Defense) than any HC you've had since Haley was actually trying to win games and maybe you've got something. I don't know what that something is. I doubt that it's 11-13 wins. But it's got to be better than that joke of a team you guys had last year.

I see them tripling their wins from last season. They certainly won't be starting out 8-1, though.

Mile High Mania 07-10-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9803129)
I see them tripling their wins from last season. They certainly won't be starting out 8-1, though.

Agreed... KC is only 3 seasons from having 10 wins, but much has changed. I think that for the last 8 years, there has been at least one team go from last place in their division to first place. So, it's not impossible, but it's not likely that KC will be that team in 2013. Denver would have to crater in order for that to happen.

SD has the chance to hover in that 7-9 win range. OAK ... who knows, but they could play spoiler in a few games. Either way, I wouldn't be shocked with divisional splits by every team in the AFCW.

At this point, I definitely see Denver being in the best position to pass 10 wins and win the division. I see KC coming in second... there could be as few as 2-3 games difference between the two teams, but my guess is that the gap will be 3-4. Again - barring major injuries, anything can happen and completely change the dynamics and then all bets are off.

I also put very little into preseason wins and losses... teams are tinkering with new players and rarely playing the stars.

There's no doubt that Smith is an upgrade at QB and at CB, KC has good depth. But, is he enough?

Smith has 6.5 years of starting experience and overall is 38-36-1 ... not stellar. Smith only has 1 season with greater than 2,900 yds passing and that was 2011 when they won 13 games.

Smith is a bit of a caretaker QB... he'll have some bright spots, he likely won't make brain dead decisions that cost you games, but he also likely won't put the team on his back and carry them - he really hasn't done it ever. Overall, he's the 3rd best QB in the division... nothing wrong with that, but they really need players around him to step up, he's not necessarily going to raise the game and effort of those around him.

Strong ground game and top notch defense is why SF won those games and you saw them take it to another level when they replaced Smith late last season.

Questions - is the DLINE sound? WR depth behind Bowe seems spotty and inconsistent. TE - Fasano... doesn't do much for me.

I think the following teams are going to give KC fits:
Broncos (2), Cowboys, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Eagles ... I don't know that the early trip to PHI is going to be a fun one for Reid, they'll be ready.

LoneWolf 07-10-2013 02:12 PM

Yeah, KC is going to struggle early because of wholesale changes and they are going to get their asses kicked by the Eagles who haven't made any changes this offseason? What a ****ing joke.

Rausch 07-10-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9803363)
So, it's not impossible, but it's not likely that KC will be that team in 2013. Denver would have to crater in order for that to happen.

SD has the chance to hover in that 7-9 win range. OAK ... who knows, but they could play spoiler in a few games. Either way, I wouldn't be shocked with divisional splits by every team in the AFCW.

I don't see Oakland winning more than 3 games and I doubt they even manage that. As far as SD I don't see them rallying late in the year like they use to under Forsekin-Head. And as far as head to head it seems like Rivers always makes huge blunders vs. KC.

Denver probably 11-5 but mostly due to that tough schedule. They'll be a better team this year with a worse record.

I think KC should finish in that 7-9 to 9-7 range. We play some really horrible teams this year and even more with garbage defenses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9803363)
I think the following teams are going to give KC fits:
Broncos (2), Cowboys, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Eagles ... I don't know that the early trip to PHI is going to be a fun one for Reid, they'll be ready.

I don't expect a lot of surprises. I expect us to beat most of the teams we should and lose to most who are favored.

They cowboys are inconsistent. It wouldn't shock be to see them win or lose any game of the year.

I think the Texans, Redskins, and Broncos will murder us. Not even close games there.

The Colts haven't done enough on defense to worry me. We had no QB play last year, gashed them for 300 on the ground, and should have won that game.

I think Andy really wants that Eagles win and will get it.