ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sell me on Alex smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268327)

Molitoth 01-02-2013 11:12 AM

Jesus Christ people. I think Alex Smith is Matt Cassel.

I'm reading morons all over facebook and twitter that we should bring him in and I think it is an incredibly stupid idea.

I wanted someone with this mindset to try and write out a justifiable reason for even thinking this way.... CoMo, etc?

Don't neg rep me for it. I AM ANTI ALEX SMITH, but I'm curious why the tards think we need to bring him in, because I admit I don't know much about the guy except for what I've seen in the media.

Austin Ed 01-02-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9267189)
He's a little short....but the guy can whip the ball around the field.

He's been a pretty good QB in a pro-style offense. Def top 3 QB's of this year's draft behind Wilson and L.Jones

Russell Wilson and Drew Brees were too short according to pre-draft experts.

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9267904)
He sucks less than Brady Cassel?

Bratt Quassel

ChiTown 01-02-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9267941)

I'm reading morons all over facebook and twitter that we should bring him in and I think it is an incredibly stupid idea.

I wanted someone with this mindset to try and write out a justifiable reason for even thinking this way.... CoMo, etc?

Don't neg rep me for it. I AM ANTI ALEX SMITH, but I'm curious why the tards think we need to bring him in, because I admit I don't know much about the guy except for what I've seen in the media.

You get very little in upgrade over Matt Cassel with Alex Smith. It's a worthless discussion, because there is NO justification for Alex Smith to KC

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 11:17 AM

Holy Jesus, how did I miss this thread?

Sell you on Alex Smith?

That's like the Sioux saying, "sell me on smallpox."

Molitoth 01-02-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267972)
Holy Jesus, how did I miss this thread?

Sell you on Alex Smith?

That's like the Sioux saying, "sell me on smallpox."

C'mon OTWP, did you even read anything I wrote or just the title of the thread.

The point is, nobody can step up to the plate and sell Alex Smith... so all these idiots that are talking about bringing him in need to STFU and get on the Geno train.

I am NOT promoting Alex Smith.

L.A. Chieffan 01-02-2013 11:24 AM

Makes good decisions. Experienced. Natural leader. Won't chuck it downfield but won't give up to many turnovers either. Andy Reid could definitely turn him into a playoff winning qb.

HolyHat 01-02-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9268007)
Makes good decisions. Experienced. Natural leader. Won't chuck it downfield but won't give up to many turnovers either. Andy Reid could definitely turn him into a playoff winning qb.

This is exactly the kind of Chiefs fan that makes me want to punt an infant into a cactus field

Molitoth 01-02-2013 11:26 AM

This thread backfired on me...
**** it. :cuss:

L.A. Chieffan 01-02-2013 11:28 AM

If you have Smith you can afford to take a guy like Bray or maybe somebody else in the third or fourth that needs more seasoning. We probably wouldn't have to give up our first overall for him so we could draft Star or Teo and kill two birds with one shot.

Have I sold you yet?

Austin Ed 01-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9267941)

Alex is at Number Seven in the final 2012 QBR between RGIII and R. Wilson. He had a very good 2011. He can make most if not all the throws. (Why do you think he was a top draft pick?). Smart. Good teammate. Coachable---at least by a good coach like Harbough. Looking to leave SF and would like an opportunity to start. That is what he'd get in KC so long as Pioli has nothing to do with the situation. Having said all of that, I would also like us to take a QB in the first round (after trading down a bit) or with the first selection in Round Two.

L.A. Chieffan 01-02-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin Ed (Post 9268053)
Alex is at Number Seven in the final 2012 QBR between RGIII and R. Wilson. He had a very good 2011. He can make most if not all the throws. (Why do you think he was a top draft pick?). Smart. Good teammate. Coachable---at least by a good coach like Harbough. Looking to leave SF and would like an opportunity to start. That is what he'd get in KC so long as Pioli has nothing to do with the situation. Having said all of that, I would also like us to take a QB in the first round (after trading down a bit) or with the first selection in Round Two.

I'm psychic

HolyHat 01-02-2013 11:44 AM

Forget QBr, forget that he's a good teammate, forget that he's coachable.

Do you want Alex Smith as your QB on a game deciding drive? Can he win you a game?

The answer is no, he can not.

Thig Lyfe 01-02-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9268106)
Forget QBr, forget that he's a good teammate, forget that he's coachable.

Do you want Alex Smith as your QB on a game deciding drive? Can he win you a game?

The answer is no, he can not.

Technically he did just that against the Saints in the playoffs last year. But usually, no, you wouldn't want him in there on a game deciding drive.

Austin Ed 01-02-2013 12:14 PM

We also know he looks good in red (Niners & Utes)