ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Going on 1st date in 13 years. How have the rules changed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108295)

chris 01-13-2005 12:34 AM

Going on 1st date in 13 years. How have the rules changed?

Recently divorced.

Been to numerous lunch dates. Lunch dates are safe, cause in a hour you go back to work. Didn't like any of them anyway.

This new woman may be different. We've spent 10-20 hours on the phone and I'm going to Vegas to meet her where she is attending a trade show.

I have tickets to a show. Plus we'll go somewhere to dinner. I would prefer not a buffet.

SOOOOOOOOO, what has changed?

Small bunch of flowers still acceptable?

Ladies, what is the cologne of choice?

What are the things to do, not do, say, not say??

thanks

SBK 01-13-2005 12:36 AM

Girls like it now if you slap them on the butt and ask them "who's your daddy?"

TheNextStep 01-13-2005 12:41 AM

Before I got married, I discovered to my surprise that girls no longer expect you to bring them flowers when you pick them up for a date. I was going to take a girl out and I mentioned to of my friends (both girls) that I had to run to the florist. They both thought I was completely out of my mind.

You know what else I learned though? I learned not to listen to those two, bought the flowers anyway, and the girl I was taking out was absolutely bowled over by it. I never failed to take flowers on the first date after that.

Of course, I haven't been on a date in 8 years, so that may have changed, too... but I'd bet most women would still appreciate it.

RNR 01-13-2005 12:41 AM

It is a trip! went through the same thing. Being a gentleman still seems to work. However be prepared things have changed! women will walk up and ask you to dance, or walk up and give you their phone number or ask you for yours. It is a different game nowdays.

J Diddy 01-13-2005 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNextStep
Before I got married, I discovered to my surprise that girls no longer expect you to bring them flowers when you pick them up for a date. I was going to take a girl out and I mentioned to of my friends (both girls) that I had to run to the florist. They both thought I was completely out of my mind.

You know what else I learned though? I learned not to listen to those two, bought the flowers anyway, and the girl I was taking out was absolutely bowled over by it. I never failed to take flowers on the first date after that.

Of course, I haven't been on a date in 8 years, so that may have changed, too... but I'd bet most women would still appreciate it.

Find out first if she is tree hugging hippy that would object to the cruel treatment of flowers just for the simple delight of woman on the first date.

She could go insane, and well then you probably won't score. Which is the goal.

Never lose sight of the goal.

Phobia 01-13-2005 01:09 AM

Just relax, be yourself, and have a good time. Wear whatever cologne you normally wear, if any. If you've already spent a lot of time on the phone with her, you're a leg up on anybody else going on a first date because you kinda know her. Keep it simple - no need to go overboard on flowers or candy - I think a first date woman would be equally impressed with the simplicity of a solitary flower.

There's absolutely no reason to be nervous. If this one isn't right for you, you move on to the next one.

Do you get nervous trying on shoes? Same concept.

teedubya 01-13-2005 01:13 AM

dont go to any firehouses... and definately dont get a tour of the firehouse.... and dont listen to the band Firehouse...

teedubya 01-13-2005 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Do you get nervous trying on shoes? Same concept.

well, what if he wears velcro shoes?

TheNextStep 01-13-2005 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
dont go to any firehouses... and definately dont get a tour of the firehouse.... and dont listen to the band Firehouse...

What if she literally catches on fire?

Phobia 01-13-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

ROFL who was that guy?

Miles 01-13-2005 01:18 AM

Where is Slayer when you need him?

Phobia 01-13-2005 01:19 AM

Quote:

well, what if he wears velcro shoes?

Velcro shoes? Hell, if he's wearing velcro shoes, there's nothing at all to worry about. There's no more sure thing than a slutty nursing home granny.

Phobia 01-13-2005 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Teg
Where is Slayer when you need him?

Well done. ROFL

He's probably carefully cultivating his facial garden.

chris 01-13-2005 01:20 AM

Quote:

You remember that lunch story? You know, she has never dared called back since.

Wow. I wish I had that good of memory.

No firehouses this time.

No police stations either.

ROFL

tk13 01-13-2005 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Well done. ROFL

He's probably carefully cultivating his facial garden.

Cultivating? Garden? Don't tell me he's rubbing manure on his face now....