ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Housing. Custom build, development build or buy. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273111)

El Jefe 05-16-2013 09:38 AM

Housing. Custom build, development build or buy.

My wife and I found ourselves pondering this question. The real estate market (as I have mentioned before) is at a high in our area. Everything we are looking at is a premium price for a mediocre house. My wife's grandfather and Uncle own a construction business, and they have been building houses for ~50 years. I am to the point where I believe I am going to buy some land (acre or two) and have a house designed and built. Fortunately her Grandfather is an architect as well, he designed and built his current house last year. I know with the custom builds they can be very expensive, but I feel I would rather be in a condo for another year and have my house exactly how we want it, than buy a house for less that we really don't love.

The other option would be to buy a cookie cutter home in a development which I really don't care to do. What say you CP? Would you rather buy, build custom, or build templet style?

Hootie 05-16-2013 09:39 AM

omg shut up

El Jefe 05-16-2013 09:42 AM

You mad brah?

Chief Pote 05-16-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9686532)
omg shut up

ROFL

Since Hootie got his name back, he's been quite the problem.

Hootie 05-16-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefButthurt (Post 9686547)
ROFL

Since Hootie got his name back, he's been quite the problem.

that may have been my 4th post this week

DMAC 05-16-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9686549)
that may have been my 4th post this week

omg shut up

El Jefe 05-16-2013 09:46 AM

Hootie's a douchebag, he's a poor mans Dane Mcloud. He tries to tell everyone how stupid they are, and how he is amazing, and he is the envy of everyone. When most don't give a crap about how he lives with his boyfriend in Chicago. Hey Hootie, put me on ignore you tool shed, no love lost here douche baggins.

Chief Pote 05-16-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9686550)
omg shut up

ROFL

Since DMAC got his name back, he's been quite the problem.

stevieray 05-16-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686553)
Hootie's a douchebag, he's a poor mans Dane Mcloud. He tries to tell everyone how stupid they are, and how he is amazing, and he is the envy of everyone. When most don't give a crap about how he lives with his boyfriend in Chicago. Hey Hootie, put me on ignore you tool shed, no love lost here douche baggins.

you forgot "make me a sammich, bitch"

Hootie 05-16-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686553)

well I am pretty cool

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9686532)
omg shut up

I agree. El Jefe's posts in general, are the least entertaining on CP. I've been wanting to say something for quite a while. Thank you Hootie, for giving me the courage to speak my mind.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686588)
I agree. El Jefe's posts in general, are the least entertaining on CP. I've been wanting to say something for quite a while. Thank you Hootie, for giving me the courage to speak my mind.

Put me on ignore then dude, I didn't ask you to read my post. That's the great thing about the intraweb, you don't have to read anything you dont want to.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686588)

Secondly, I don't post to be entertaining, I post to get information. If you are looking for someone who only posts poop threads or other slap sticks threads, then put me on ignore, because that's not my area.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686599)
Put me on ignore then dude, I didn't ask you to read my post. That's the great thing about the intraweb, you don't have to read anything you dont want to.

The above statement proves how boring you are. Generally, I don't put anyone on ignore and I've extended you the same courtesy in hopes that you would improve your entertainment value with time. Sadly, I fear you may be a lost cause.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686601)
Secondly, I don't post to be entertaining, I post to get information. If you are looking for someone who only posts poop threads or other slap sticks threads, then put me on ignore, because that's not my area.

You're awfully defensive. It's just weird that I've never seen you ever comment on anything Chiefs related. And while I realize that there are a great many avenues for all of us to explore on CP, you seem to be Chiefsless. What is a slap sticks thread anyway?

http://i43.tinypic.com/3ekjr.jpg

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:14 AM

Hootie is right, el jefe is the worst poster on the planet bar none. He's been posting about this ****ing house for two months now, when it's clear that no one gives a shit. His overweight piece of shit existence should have ended in the back of his mother's throat with a million other brothers.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686612)
Hootie is right, el jefe is the worst poster on the planet bar none. He's been posting about this ****ing house for two months now, when it's clear that no one gives a shit. His overweight piece of shit existence should have ended in the back of his mother's throat with a million other brothers.

Lulz.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686611)
You're awfully defensive. It's just weird that I've never seen you ever comment on anything Chiefs related. And while I realize that there are a great many avenues for all of us to explore on CP, you seem to be Chiefsless. What is a slap sticks thread anyway?

http://i43.tinypic.com/3ekjr.jpg

Put me on ignore man, I really don't care. I don't have anybody on ignore, if I don't care for their posts then I don't read them. Your reading selection is your prerogative, don't like the topic, don't read it.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686612)

Boy for someone who doesn't like me you sure have a good memory of things I have posted. Thanks for the love!

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686647)
Boy for someone who doesn't like me you sure have a good memory of things I have posted. Thanks for the love!

How could he not? Your posts are so boring and inane they actually stick in your memory. And no, I won't put you on ignore. I'm still holding out hope that you'll metamorphasize into an interesting person. If I put you on ignore, I might miss it. Then I would be sad.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:36 AM

Plus, you deserve to be chastised because I'm pretty sure you land raped that Mayan temple in an effort to stock pile materials for your awesome, super, fantastic, and what I can imagine will be a predictably boring custom home.

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686651)
Plus, you deserve to be chastised because I'm pretty sure you land raped that Mayan temple in an effort to stock pile materials for your awesome, super, fantastic, and what I can imagine will be a predictably boring custom home.

Hopefully it was the Mayans who keyed his piece of shit car. I'm jealous of whoever did.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 10:41 AM

Thread did not go as intended.

Where's the "Quit posting dumbshit threads" option?

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686648)
How could he not? Your posts are so boring and inane they actually stick in your memory. And no, I won't put you on ignore. I'm still holding out hope that you'll metamorphasize into an interesting person. If I put you on ignore, I might miss it. Then I would be sad.

What am I missing here? CP is a place to catch up on Chiefs news, hit the pictures thread, and read any other random thread in the Lounge. I post things that I am seeking information about. If you think my life is boring then don't follow it. I am not trying to impress anyone or entertain anyone. I post a lot in any threads about car repairs on here, I try to help out where I can. I didn't read the rule book that any post not Chiefs related had to be voted upon as whether or not it was interesting.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686654)
Hopefully it was the Mayans who keyed his piece of shit car. I'm jealous of whoever did.

Boy you love me long time! Thanks for keeping up with all my info mate!

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:43 AM

We're not saying that you can't post, but rather that you shouldn't, dumbass.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686659)
Thread did not go as intended.

Where's the "Quit posting dumbshit threads" option?

Ohhh, and here is our resident "doctor" lulz, this thread is bringing out the best and brightest. Where's demonpenz and Saulabadguy?

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686654)

Holy shit! I forgot about that thread. Sadly, that was by far his most entertaining thread.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686665)
We're not saying that you can't post, but rather that you shouldn't, dumbass.

Thanks for the clarification, I will be sure to run any of my future potential threads by you before I post them! Thanks mate!

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:44 AM

And you sure do spend almost all day on Chiefsplanet for someone who has a "job."

But no, really, it's the economy that's causing your family's business to fail, not the 350 pound piece of shit kid that does nothing.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686670)
Holy shit! I forgot about that thread. Sadly, that was by far his most entertaining thread.

Hey lad, you keep saying that I am boring, but I have to ask you a question, who are you? I have never even seen you before this thread?

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686662)
What am I missing here? CP is a place to catch up on Chiefs news, hit the pictures thread, and read any other random thread in the Lounge. I post things that I am seeking information about. If you think my life is boring then don't follow it. I am not trying to impress anyone or entertain anyone. I post a lot in any threads about car repairs on here, I try to help out where I can. I didn't read the rule book that any post not Chiefs related had to be voted upon as whether or not it was interesting.

It's called "Chiefs Planet" for a reason. Man you are a riot.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686669)
Ohhh, and here is our resident "doctor" lulz, this thread is bringing out the best and brightest. Where's demonpenz and Saulabadguy?

How can any self-respecting man use "brah" and "lulz" while simultaneously responding to every post that is remotely critical.

"I don't care, but I care."

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686672)
And you sure do spend almost all day on Chiefsplanet for someone who has a "job."

But no, really, it's the economy that's causing your family's business to fail, not the 350 pound piece of shit kid that does nothing.

Hahah, dude you are a gem, don't change! :thumb:

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686679)
Hey lad, you keep saying that I am boring, but I have to ask you a question, who are you? I have never even seen you before this thread?

I'm Red Beans. I didn't realize you had a reading deficiency as well as being boring. The deck is stacked against you my friend.

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:48 AM

Another tip, you wouldn't be so damn annoying if you didn't try to be a combination of about 4 personas, none of which you can successfully pull off.

"You mad brah?" "Douche baggins" "Mate" "Lulz"

Come on. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686681)
How can any self-respecting man use "brah" and "lulz" while simultaneously responding to every post that is remotely critical.

"I don't care, but I care."

Did you want me to respond, or was this rhetorical?

Red Beans 05-16-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686687)

I think you should respond. Finally, this is getting interesting. See El Jefe, if I had taken your advice I would not be entertained.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686687)

The outcome would be the same. Your responses have no substance, much like your threads.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686685)
Another tip, you wouldn't be so damn annoying if you didn't try to be a combination of about 4 personas, none of which you can successfully pull off.

"You mad brah?" "Douche baggins" "Mate" "Lulz"

Come on. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Come on brah, do be like that. You and me go way back mate.

MTG#10 05-16-2013 10:53 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...opcorn_yes.gif

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686693)
The outcome would be the same. Your responses have no substance, much like your threads.

May I ask you a serious question regarding something medical in nature? Not of a problem, more of a question regarding your experience with internal medicine.

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686693)

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686695)
Come on brah, do be like that. You and me go way back mate.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9686697)

Ovaltine Jenkins? Love that show.

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 10:55 AM

You know you've done it when you're getting mocked by MTG.

el borracho 05-16-2013 10:56 AM

Things to consider:

1. How cost-effective would it be to design and build a custom home? How will the dollars per square foot cost to build compare to the dollars per square foot average in the area? Will you receive any kind of family discount from the uncle and/or grandfather?

2. How radical will your custom home be and how will this affect resale value? It's all well and good to design and build something that you like outside the "cookie-cutter" models, but you may find it difficult to sell something if it is too weird.

3. Could you achieve similar result by purchasing a fixer-upper and doing custom renovations? In some situations, this can be much more cost-effective than a ground-up project.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686699)
May I ask you a serious question regarding something medical in nature? Not of a problem, more of a question regarding your experience with internal medicine.

Only in the form of a thread, preferably with a poll.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686692)
I think you should respond. Finally, this is getting interesting. See El Jefe, if I had taken your advice I would not be entertained.

I respond really however I want to, there really isn't a rhyme or reason. Sometimes I say brah, bro,lulz, mate and lad. I also respond with "brother" quite often.

MTG#10 05-16-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686706)
You know you've done it when you're getting mocked by MTG.

Im not mocking anyone, just enjoying another planet pile-on thread.

Trivers 05-16-2013 10:59 AM

Spent 2 years building a modern, contemporary house. 2 GCs, 4 concrete subs, 2 electrical subs later, it is 99% done. Never again.

If you want a variation of a traditional house, build. Most GCs can handle it. Otherwise, buy and remodel.

Either way, you are screwed as most subs do average work, don't show up, and yet always want to be paid ASAP.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686709)
Only in the form of a thread, preferably with a poll.

Real Doctor LULZ, I am beginning to wonder if some cephalic trauma didn't lead to you being as bitchy as you are.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686710)
I respond really however I want to, there really isn't a rhyme or reason. Sometimes I say brah, bro,lulz, mate and lad. I also respond with "brother" quite often.

Nope, now you ruined it.

I think you're trying too hard to be spontaneous. Do you have a list of those terms that you can refer back to? If you don't, you should. Maybe use Excel? Then you can track your usage so as not to overuse your favorite terms.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 9686715)
Spent 2 years building a modern, contemporary house. 2 GCs, 4 concrete subs, 2 electrical subs later, it is 99% done. Never again.

If you want a variation of a traditional house, build. Most GCs can handle it. Otherwise, buy and remodel.

Either way, you are screwed as most subs do average work, don't show up, and yet always want to be paid ASAP.

This is the issue I was contemplating that could potentially be very detrimental to our pocketbook.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9686711)

I've been waiting on this one for a while.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686718)
Nope, now you ruined it.

I think you're trying too hard to be spontaneous. Do you have a list of those terms that you can refer back to? If you don't, you should. Maybe use Excel? Then you can track your usage so as not to overuse your favorite terms.

Sweet sassy molassy, great idea Watson!

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9686711)

Hop on partner, they have plenty of room on the wagon! I ain't neva scurred.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686725)

Man, the cliche terms and phrases never stop!

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9686708)
Things to consider:

1. How cost-effective would it be to design and build a custom home? How will the dollars per square foot cost to build compare to the dollars per square foot average in the area? Will you receive any kind of family discount from the uncle and/or grandfather?

2. How radical will your custom home be and how will this affect resale value? It's all well and good to design and build something that you like outside the "cookie-cutter" models, but you may find it difficult to sell something if it is too weird.

3. Could you achieve similar result by purchasing a fixer-upper and doing custom renovations? In some situations, this can be much more cost-effective than a ground-up project.

I have seen for a cookie cutter home the cost per square foot being in the $104 up to $140 per square foot. I have got a couple ideas on a custom build that could get up to $200 per square foot.

MTG#10 05-16-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686725)

I aint got no beef with you, just enjoying the entertainment. But if you REALLY want me to...your mom's a dirty whore.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686726)

Can't stop, won't stop, Rocafella Records
'Cause we, we get down baby, we get down baby
The girls, the girls, they love us
Cause we stay fresh to death, we the best nothing less

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9686731)
I aint got no beef with you, just enjoying the entertainment. But if you REALLY want me to...your mom's a dirty whore.

Felt good didn't it? :p

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686737)
Can't stop, won't stop, Rocafella Records
'Cause we, we get down baby, we get down baby
The girls, the girls, they love us
Cause we stay fresh to death, we the best nothing less

If this is true, you are clearly deceased.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686726)

It's indicative of a simple mind. Mash together some "witty" phrases to hide underlying insecurity.

You were wrong. This is entertaining.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686742)
If this is true, you are clearly deceased.

It's from a song youngster.

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 11:09 AM

You never answered the question about why you are able to be on Chiefsplanet all day instead of work.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686743)
It's indicative of a simple mind. Mash together some "witty" phrases to hide underlying insecurity.

Ohhhh Doctor, tell me more about myself! You are so brilliant. You know what you are indicative of? A 15 year old girl on her period, who got mad because she left her tampon in too long and got toxic shock syndrome.

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686751)
Ohhhh Doctor, tell me more about myself! You are so brilliant. You know what you are indicative of? A 15 year old girl on her period, who got mad because she left her tampon in too long and got toxic shock syndrome.

OH HE GOT YOU GOOD THERE

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686750)
You never answered the question about why you are able to be on Chiefsplanet all day instead of work.

I really don't usually spend a ton of time on here, I am today because I am caught up with everything. Having a fantastic week, thanks for keeping me accountable brother!

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686743)

It's a first for El Jefe.

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686752)
OH HE GOT YOU GOOD THERE

You see what I did there?

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686752)
OH HE GOT YOU GOOD THERE

LULZ

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686757)
It's a first for El Jefe.

Can we be best friends now?

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686760)
LULZ

I feel you brah! It's ok to admit it!

Jewish Rabbi 05-16-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686756)
I really don't usually spend a ton of time on here, I am today because I am caught up with everything. Having a fantastic week, thanks for keeping me accountable brother!

Sounds like a pretty unsuccessful business if you can be "caught up" at any given time.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686744)
It's from a song youngster.

Oh I'm aware. Roc-A-fella Records huh? Not exactly known for it's cerebral rap artists, except for maybe Jay-Z, but that's debatable.

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9686762)
Can we be best friends now?

Only if you stop listening to garbage music, then maybe.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686767)
Oh I'm aware. Roc-A-fella Records huh? Not exactly known for it's cerebral rap artists, except for maybe Jay-Z, but that's debatable.

He's firmly in their target market. Middle-aged man with the intellect of an adolescent.

Cephalic Trauma 05-16-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9686768)
Only if you stop listening to garbage music, using lulz, bro, etc., making pathetic threads, oozing insecurity, and overall sucking as a poster, then maybe.

FYP

Red Beans 05-16-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9686776)
FYP

Gracias. Something about cliche avatars should be included as well...

El Jefe 05-16-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9686765)
Sounds like a pretty unsuccessful business if you can be "caught up" at any given time.

Nope, actually we are having a banner year, but thanks for your concern! There's this sweet technique out there, its called "multi-tasking", I can read your post in 15 seconds and respond in 10 and then I move on to something else. It's difficult at times to master, but don't worry pal you will get the hang of it.