ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News So who wants to fly to Mars... one way? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268709)

Dayze 01-10-2013 12:43 PM

I knew we shouldn't have taken that left turn at Jupiter.

notorious 01-10-2013 12:53 PM

LMAO

What happens when the show is cancelled after 5 seasons?

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Interstellar sex. Definately tops the "mile high club".

bevischief 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9303193)
LMAO

What happens when the show is cancelled after 5 seasons?

With 4 people a season sent up so that is 20 people on Mars.

notorious 01-10-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9303201)

Ohhhh.

I was thinking about the amount of money that will needed to keep a Mars colony sustained. :eek:

ptlyon 01-10-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9303201)

I'm only going when Taylor Swift goes then

allen_kcCard 01-10-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9303228)
I'm only going when Taylor Swift goes then

Why? So you can bring some little girls with you for her to entertain?

ptlyon 01-10-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9303233)
Why? So you can bring some little girls with you for her to entertain?

Hopefully I'd figure out a way she could entertain me

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9303207)
Ohhhh.

I was thinking about the amount of money that will needed to keep a Mars colony sustained. :eek:

Yeah you know supplies would be an extreme amount of money until they get vegetation growing. Assuming most things, if not all, would be powered through a type of kenetic energy solar and wind and probably even piezoelectric energy cells. Those things will be extreme expensive as well but once the initial setup is built and they get some vegetation growing the price would be insignificant. The science that is to be gained could even help to offset the initial costs.

cyborgtable 01-10-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9303252)
Yeah you know supplies would be an extreme amount of money until they get vegetation growing. Assuming most things, if not all, would be powered through a type of kenetic energy solar and wind and probably even piezoelectric energy cells. Those things will be extreme expensive as well but once the initial setup is built and they get some vegetation growing the price would be insignificant. The science that is to be gained could even help to offset the initial costs.

This. The technological achievements necessary for this en devour to work would more than make up for the cost needed

Rain Man 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9303252)

It seems like the first step would be to send some setup that automatically starts growing vegetation. You do that, then you wait a couple of crop seasons, and then send the people.

ptlyon 01-10-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9303273)
It seems like the first step would be to send some setup that automatically starts growing vegetation. You do that, then you wait a couple of crop seasons, and then send the people.

But you need people to do the setup. Taylor & I will go!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-10-2013 01:27 PM

I'm signing up Matt Cassel

AND Brady Quinn

ptlyon 01-10-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9303280)
I'm signing up Matt Cassel

AND Brady Quinn

Then Taylor & I aren't going :harumph:

whoman69 01-10-2013 01:36 PM

I would imagine that if they are setting up a colony they would only want people who would be in their peak childbearing years. They would also want colonist that would live more than a couple decades. Imagine what kind of story the first children born on another planet would bring. I would think a moon colony would be more feasible due to proximity and economical considerations.