ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

WV 01-08-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9298073)
West Vagina! We don't even use that here in VA about twenty minutes from the WV border. Excellent!

:mad:

Oh and **** taking a ****ing T #1.

BossChief 01-08-2013 10:42 PM

I think Andy Reid has Geno locked in, but would move the pick for the right price.

Before we hired Andy, I was adamant about not trading down...but if the guy adds a couple extra firsts and still comes out of the draft with Barkley, Geno, Wilson or Bray...I'd be ok with it.

I trust Andy Reids evaluation.

htismaqe 01-08-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9298502)
I think Andy Reid has Geno locked in, but would move the pick for the right price.

Before we hired Andy, I was adamant about not trading down...but if the guy adds a couple extra firsts and still comes out of the draft with Barkley, Geno, Wilson or Bray...I'd be ok with it.

If somebody is trading up, it's for a QB.

Trading down is just asking to end up empty-handed. Forget it.

WV 01-08-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

The ONLY situation I would be okay with is moving back to #2 so the Jags could take this guy and we can still be assured Geno.

RealSNR 01-08-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

I trust his evaluation too. He should take whichever QB he believes in. Even if that's Barkley.

But he needs to do it with the first overall pick. Trading down and hoping his guy will still be there is just asking for a ****ing disaster.

I do NOT want to get St. Louis Rams'd and be forced into a zillion trade downs. And they got off pretty easy only dealing in stuff like missed CBs and DTs they wanted. We're talking about our QB here. The stakes are way too goddamn high.

okcchief 01-08-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9298467)
I think there is a plot by the NY Jets luvin media to spead lies that Geno is not worth an early first round pick so that there is hope that he might be there when they pick.

That's some Alex Jones shit there.

BossChief 01-08-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9298535)
I trust his evaluation too. He should take whichever QB he believes in. Even if that's Barkley.

But he needs to do it with the first overall pick. Trading down and hoping his guy will still be there is just asking for a ****ing disaster.

I do NOT want to get St. Louis Rams'd and be forced into a zillion trade downs. And they got off pretty easy only dealing in stuff like missed CBs and DTs they wanted. We're talking about our QB here. The stakes are way too goddamn high.

I'm with ya...I'm just saying I wouldn't be pissed if he went that direction.

What if he grades 3 quarterbacks evenly and can add 2 extra firsts moving to 4 or 5?...he would still get one of them.

TEX 01-08-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9298535)

Funny stuff!

splatbass 01-08-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9297974)
Matt Cassel is a good QB, he just needs more talent around him and some time / true fan -talking heads

Can you name one "true fan" that believes Cassel is a good QB?

This stupid "true fan" meme is getting really old.

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Why do you even think he's had five minutes to even look at Smith on film this past week?

Monty 01-08-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298648)
Why do you even think he's had five minutes to even look at Smith on film this past week?

I am betting that he had to take a break while watching the Chiefs games. He was getting depressed and needed a little pick me up.

BossChief 01-08-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298648)

He watched every chiefs game in one day.

He knows that his decision at quarterback will impact his success in KC far more than every other factor combined.

I'd bet that he has spent time watching film of Smith.

DaneMcCloud 01-08-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9298688)
He watched every chiefs game in one day.

He knows that his decision at quarterback will impact his success in KC far more than every other factor combined.

I'd bet that he has spent time watching film of Smith.

I'd bet he's been too busy moving, assembling his staff, finding a place to live, etc.

Moving across the country isn't an easy thing to do.

Sorter 01-08-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9298696)
I'd bet he's been too busy moving, assembling his staff, finding a place to live, etc.

Moving across the country isn't an easy thing to do.

I doubt he's broken down any film on Geno. He might have watched his bowl game but that is probably about it, unless Clark directed that i.e. "Here are some youtube vids of QBs this year. Which one do you like? If you say Mike Glennon, I'll ****ing stab you".

LMAO

RealSNR 01-08-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9298714)
I doubt he's broken down any film on Geno. He might have watched his bowl game but that is probably about it, unless Clark directed that i.e. "Here are some youtube vids of QBs this year. Which one do you like? If you say Mike Glennon, I'll ****ing stab you".

LMAO

Best part about this Reid hire?

I haven't heard the name "Mike Glennon" in several days.