ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2-year-old mauled to death by wild dogs after falling into Pittsburgh Zoo exhibit (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266183)

QuikSsurfer 11-05-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9085781)
**** the dog.

Stupid, mean endangered species!

aturnis 11-05-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9085778)
You'd both be dead. Good plan.

B/c I'd really be able to move on and live my life knowing I did nothing and watched my son die b/c I was a phuqtard? I'd rather be dead.

Maybe you should have a kid, then share your opinion.

DJ's left nut 11-05-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9085748)
The kid was more than likely killed from the fall -- why shoot the dog?

Maybe the dingo ate her baby?

aturnis 11-05-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 9085794)
Stupid, mean endangered species!

OH NOES!

wazu 11-05-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Dog (Post 9085773)
I wish I'd never read that.

No shit. Why do people feel the need to post this crap?

QuikSsurfer 11-05-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9085797)
Maybe the dingo ate her baby?

lol
"pump the brakes, kid. You about to cross some lines"

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...mage/image.jpg

Old Dog 11-05-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9085781)
**** the dog.

That might have taken care of one of them, but what about the other 10.....I don't think that'a a good plan either

Saulbadguy 11-05-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9085796)
B/c I'd really be able to move on and live my life knowing I did nothing and watched my son die b/c I was a phuqtard? I'd rather be dead.

Maybe you should have a kid, then share your opinion.

Maybe you should have a kid mauled to death by African Painted Dogs, then share your opinion.

Old Dog 11-05-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9085807)
Maybe you should have a kid mauled to death by African Painted Dogs, then share your opinion.

Maybe his mother should. That sounds like a better plan to me.

DJ's left nut 11-05-2012 09:49 AM

For the record - there's no 'dingo' to those things, they're essentially slightly smaller gray wolves. They're evidently the 2nd largest canid breed in the world.

Quote:

The African wild dog hunts in packs and small groups. Like most members of the dog family, it is a cursorial hunter, meaning that it pursues its prey in a long, open chase. Nearly 80% of all wild dog hunts end in a kill; for comparison, the success rate of lions, often viewed as ultimate predators, is only 30%. Schaller found that 9 of 10 wild dog hunts in the Serengeti ended in kills.[16] Members of a pack vocalize to help coordinate their movements. Its voice is characterized by an unusual chirping or squeaking sound, similar to a bird. Wild dogs frequently kill larger prey via disemboweling, a technique that is rapid but has caused this species to have a negative, ferocious reputation.
So...uh...that was probably a pretty short fight. I have a hard time faulting anyone but the mother here as I can't imagine that kid was alive for more than a few seconds after it hit the ground.

COchief 11-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9085818)
So...uh...that was probably a pretty short fight. I have a hard time faulting anyone but the mother here as I can't imagine that kid was alive for more than a few seconds after it hit the ground.

I checked the wiki also as I had never heard of them and figured they were small enough for an adult to jump in and start kicking them in the head. They are 40-80 lbs and supposedly have a bite power second only to the hellish Tazmanian Devil. No way anyone was stopping that party. The mother will suffer for this for the rest of her idiotic life, how do you leave a 2 year old standing on it's own on a ledge with 10 wolves lying in wait?

She should have been tossed in as well as a stupid dessert for the pack.

KCrockaholic 11-05-2012 09:55 AM

It would've been hard to stand there and watch that. I probably would've ended up jumping in and stabbing the shit out of the dogs with my blade. Id feel like too much of a coward if I did nothing.

Brock 11-05-2012 10:02 AM

single mom, sorry!

memyselfI 11-05-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9085747)
Horrible, but I'm not seeing what the dogs (or the zoo workers) did wrong.

"the boy's 34-year-old mother placed the child in a standing position on a wooden railing overlooking the enclosure"

Tragic situation and terrible decision by the mother. Which will not stop them from suing the Zoo, IMO. Terrible and needless death of a 2 year old who would not remember seeing those dogs after a week anyway. Seriously, what a senseless situation. I also feel sorry for the children who witnessed this.

QuikSsurfer 11-05-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9085856)
single mom, sorry!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...s/5d2h4l-1.gif