ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   KC vs Tenn What to do to win?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=6532)

Coltsinsider 09-08-2000 05:00 PM

This Sundays game I think could be interesting. Chiefs seem to play well when a underdog. Can they win? I believe in the first couple of series you`ll see more passing. Go for some big plays. Get a lead then go to the running game. Sounds easy!! I think it will be possible for a upset. What do you think??

Kckrazy 09-08-2000 05:04 PM

Double cover the TE, have the middle LB shadow E.George everywhere and McNair will look completely lost as usual...

BoatBuilder 09-08-2000 05:06 PM

I just dont see any way the Chiefs can upset the Titans. They arent in the same class. Plus, Tenn. played bad and still only lost by three points on the road at Buffalo. Elvis probably wont get the time to throw and we all know how good he is when he improvises. I think its going to be a long day.

For the Chiefs to win, they need turnovers and a few lucky break - like Eddie George or Jevon Kearse getting hurt.

Chief fans will get to see Greg FAvors this weekend. He is the young linebacker that Carl cut in order to keep Greg Manusky. Favors had two sacks last weekend. Another nice move by Carl! He just keeps doing everything right!

Kckrazy 09-08-2000 05:08 PM

PackFan,

When the Titans play well they only win by 3 points...

AustinChief 09-08-2000 05:12 PM

Here is how the chiefs might win! GET LUCKY!

Actually, Chiefs are not half bad at doing just that. How many defensive touchdowns do the Chiefs fall into every damn season. I'll tell you how many, enough to claim they have a decent defense at the end of the season!

So, my call, fall on a fumble and return it for a touchdown. Get a tipped interception and return it to the 3 so that your offense can get in the endzone with their one yard a play average! THAT IS 14 POINTS! Titans O sucks - Chiefs can win with 14 points!

[This message has been edited by BroncoFan (edited 09-08-2000).]

Kckrazy 09-08-2000 05:14 PM

PackFan,

Speaking of Buffalo, how bad is that rickety old Packer team gonna get whipped up on?

Duck Dog 09-08-2000 05:39 PM

Get rid of Larry, Moe and Curly...

58Forever 09-08-2000 06:01 PM

As the old adage goes... to slow down a pass rusher.. run right at him..... I would run isolations right at Kearse to negate his upfield rush some.... If you run away from him, he'll chase the play down from behind... run Gonzo up the creases and crossing patterns beneath him....

On defense jam the WR's at the line, blitz up the gut and use Edwards to ghost McNair.... and maybe introduce the concept of DL stunts this year... try to limit the D to 5 offsides penalties...

------------------

[i] Momma said knock you out!!</I>

Duck Dog 09-08-2000 06:03 PM

Do you think Gun is smart enough to realize that, hq? These are good ideas, but Gun never uses a game plan... So I think he'll do what he did last week... What do you think?!<BR>

Dr. Red 09-08-2000 10:53 PM

You want to beat Tennessee you play agressive (not conservative) early. You get a lead, then you push that lead. Now transition to a pounding ball control game and do not turn the ball over. Heck it has beaten the Chiefs many time in the past and Tennessee has a team that actually resembles some of our better 90s teams. It will work, and we could do it, if only J. Raye and Gun can make it happen. Oh one other thing you do not ever play prevent defense you play old style aggressive in your face Chiefs defense. If our coordinator knows how to do it.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

AustinChief 09-08-2000 11:14 PM

To beat Tenn, KC needs to hire some LAPD officers to "arrest" Kearse and Eddie George the night before the game. Of course, regardless of how the two react the PD will say they were "resisting arrest and had to be subdued." They'll be waiting for their bones to knit for several games to come....