ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Could this be the final Pro Bowl? Effort will be key (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269362)

Tribal Warfare 01-26-2013 09:57 PM

Could this be the final Pro Bowl? Effort will be key

Could this be the final Pro Bowl? Effort will be key
Effort will be key if game is to continue, and some want it to stay.

January 26
Star news services

The Pro Bowl might be coming to an end, but it’s not because of a sense of bewilderment about the 2-14 Chiefs landing six players on the AFC roster.

Effort has emerged as the top theme for this year’s Pro Bowl. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has made clear the game will be canceled if the AFC and NFC all-stars put on a second-rate football exhibition this year.

Houston Texans running back Arian Foster said players are going to step it up this time, but that it’s unrealistic to expect full effort from the NFL’s top athletes when they’re limited in the plays they’re able to run.

“This isn’t basketball — you can’t go play a pickup game of football,” Foster said.

Foster said if league officials are willing to scrap the Pro Bowl if they don’t see max effort, then this likely will be the last game.

“I think it’s an honor and a tradition,” Foster said, “but for you to expect the best athletes in the NFL to come out and play a game 100 percent when you can’t game plan, you can’t blitz, you can’t do all these things, it’s not going to be competitive like everybody wants it to be.”

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning said losing the Pro Bowl would be a shame. The true value of the game over the years, he said, is for younger players to have interactions with older veterans, like Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson chatting with former Chargers great LaDainian Tomlinson.

“Don’t tell me there’s not great value in that conversation,” Manning said.

The AFC and NFC squads took team photos Friday at a resort on Oahu’s west side before practicing separately on a 50-yard field in front of family, friends and some fans.

AFC defenders played a little more defense than in two prior practices. During seven-on-seven drills, Chiefs safety Eric Berry picked off a Manning pass and Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie intercepted Houston’s Matt Schaub.

Berry is one of six Chiefs in Hawaii for the game, joining punter Dustin Colquitt, running back Jamaal Charles and linebackers Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

Former Mizzou players Justin Smith, a 49ers defensive lineman, and William Moore, a Falcons safety, were chosen to the NFC roster. Smith will not play as his team is in the Super Bowl.

FloridaMan88 01-26-2013 09:59 PM

I think the NFL Honors awards show the NFL started last year can perfectly replace the Pro Bowl.

Recognize the best players of the season without having to play an actual game.

Chiefshrink 01-26-2013 10:15 PM

The players should have negotiated harder to refuse to play this Toilet Sh**ter of a game and just get rid of it.

Thig Lyfe 01-26-2013 10:16 PM

pro bowl should be x-treme flag football

houstonwhodat 01-26-2013 10:26 PM

**** the pro bowl

RealSNR 01-26-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9354246)
**** the pro bowl

u jelly?

Thig Lyfe 01-26-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9354255)
u jelly?

he jelly tho

Thig Lyfe 01-26-2013 10:32 PM

hey houston do u have any hott pixx of sexxxi ladiez 4 us 2 jerk 2

scho63 01-27-2013 04:15 PM

Instead of a Pro Bowl where no one wants to get injured, why not have a two day sports competition like they used to do on ABC Wide World of sports.

Maybe a 9 hole golf, a softball game, bowling, and horse. Something that is entertaining because the Pro Bowl sucks and I haven't watched it in at least 15 years

B14ckmon 01-27-2013 04:17 PM

It needs to be replaced. I would rather people get voted in to do skills based position specific challenges instead.

Thig Lyfe 01-27-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9355667)
It needs to be replaced. I would rather people get voted in to do skills based position specific challenges instead.

Always loved watching those QB Club challenges. They should do those!!!

Dayze 01-28-2013 08:24 AM

If I were a player, I wouldn't play in it. Even if there were compensation involved (which I'm unsure if there is etc). Not worth it.

imagine if, say, Andrew Luck etc were to blow a knee out at the probowl.
F that.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2013 08:29 AM

I watched maybe 10-15 minutes total last night. Thats about all i could make it through.

Your never going to get Pro players to play at maximum level for a meaningless game. Never going to happen.

But my guess is, as long as the game continues to make money (ratings and ticket sales) then it will continue. Doesnt matter how bad the football is, even though they may talk about that publically.

Reerun_KC 01-28-2013 08:32 AM

Its not like anyone with an ounce of intelligence actually watches the probowl...

So who cares if they have it or not?

Three7s 01-28-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9357787)
Its not like anyone with an ounce of intelligence actually watches the probowl...

So who cares if they have it or not?

Black Bob posts>pro bowl.