ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! My car is getting an ECU tune (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252085)

Demonpenz 11-03-2011 02:02 PM

Make sure you save your car, you can bring over your memory card, I have the VR4000 unlocked if you want to check it out on Friday. My playstation is acting funny so we may just play ridge racer.

penguinz 11-03-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8076519)
What kind of Porsche do you have?

A 914!

Molitoth 11-03-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8076519)
What kind of Porsche do you have?

Cayenne Turbo

pr_capone 11-03-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8076517)
Oh, I was just going to say...

Usually if you are planning on tuning a car, you wanna do the other things first and then custom tune around it.

For instance, if you plan on throwing on a new exhaust / inter cooler / bigger turbo / Intakes / etc, you would want to put those on first and then tune.... telling your ecu that you have done these things, so please accommodate for them.

Otherwise you are limiting your car, even though it is capable of doing much more. (like they come from the factory)

Yup, if I add things to the car and need a re-tune, it is $35. The stock exhaust is killer and the cams are already aggressively tuned straight from Ford Racing. The next major power boost to the car would come from adding turbo but that is not cheap. I would have to save up for quite some time just to afford it, much less the installation. lol

The only real problem with this car with the factory tune are hanging revs and a lot of vibration because it is running at such a high idle. This tune also takes care of the hanging revs and smooths out the idle.

After this, it is about suspension, mounts, and clutch. I want to get the spoiler and the passenger door panel repainted. THEN, the saving for turbo begins.

Pants 11-03-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8076590)
Cayenne Turbo

Very nice.

Molitoth 11-03-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Yup, if I add things to the car and need a re-tune, it is $35
Oh, that's nice!

Aspengc8 11-03-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8076598)
Yup, if I add things to the car and need a re-tune, it is $35. The stock exhaust is killer and the cams are already aggressively tuned straight from Ford Racing. The next major power boost to the car would come from adding turbo but that is not cheap. I would have to save up for quite some time just to afford it, much less the installation. lol

The only real problem with this car with the factory tune are hanging revs and a lot of vibration because it is running at such a high idle. This tune also takes care of the hanging revs and smooths out the idle.

After this, it is about suspension, mounts, and clutch. I want to get the spoiler and the passenger door panel repainted. THEN, the saving for turbo begins.

buh bye warranty

pr_capone 11-03-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8076608)
buh bye warranty

It is a 2003. Warranty is LONG gone.

Aspengc8 11-03-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8076610)
It is a 2003. Warranty is LONG gone.

Good deal. I had to wait 35K miles before modding my 06 sti, and just picked up a 11 wrx limited w/ extended warranty.

Rooster 11-03-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8076433)
Wait... you're doing this to a Ford Focus?

It's got a Hemi.

loochy 11-03-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8076608)
buh bye warranty

retune to stock, wham bam thank you maam

jspchief 11-03-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8076538)
Make sure you save your car, you can bring over your memory card, I have the VR4000 unlocked if you want to check it out on Friday. My playstation is acting funny so we may just play ridge racer.

ROFL

Sent from my ADR6350

Ming the Merciless 11-03-2011 03:43 PM

I know nothing about cars so this is probably a noob question:

Why would someone want to fix / invest in a ford focus as a race type car?

Does the SVT like handle well or is it because it is light or something liek that?

Radar Chief 11-03-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8076598)

I have two words for you: nitrous oxide.

Ming the Merciless 11-03-2011 03:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEEv1BlZd8A