ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! My car is getting an ECU tune (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252085)

loochy 11-03-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8076756)
I know nothing about cars so this is probably a noob question:

Why would someone want to fix / invest in a ford focus as a race type car?

Does the SVT like handle well or is it because it is light or something liek that?

Well, not really a race car, but if performance is easy to unlock, why not unlock it?

Ming the Merciless 11-03-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8076771)
Well, not really a race car, but if performance is easy to unlock, why not unlock it?

I didnt realize it was a performance car....until watching the youtube video..

Looks neat..not really my style, I'm not into the 'fast and furious' type of looking cars but I can see why people would be for the price/performance.

pr_capone 11-03-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8076765)

I had not seen that video yet. SWEET!

Seriously... I love this car. I'm so glad I didn't sell it. :D

loochy 11-03-2011 04:02 PM

I've done a ton of stuff to my Saab 9-3, which really isn't a performance car. It's fun to have some spirited driving and it's just kind of a hobby now. I don't intend to race this car but I've done a tune, downpipe, air intake, and suspension for no real good reason. :shrug:

Simply Red 11-03-2011 08:04 PM

you'll notice some boost, no question. I got two chips in the 1.8, that my girl drives, I drove it today. You WILL notice when it's cooler out (below 70) it'll scoot and feel like an entirely different car.

My 3.2 wouldn't murder it, but it'll still take it, even in ideal temps. Hopefully it's not too much on your tranny. The transmissions absolutely CAN be affected by these tunes.

BTW: i got the b6 tuned at go apr in Opelika Al. near Auburn 'U'

Simply Red 11-03-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8076608)
buh bye warranty

pretty easy to toggle back - via the cruse control. The meatballs working at the dealer (most likely) would NOT be able to detect. Provided you don't have decals all over your car - which would TOTALLY make them look. But really, not much to see to the naked eye.

Simply Red 11-03-2011 08:11 PM

by the way, today; I paid $303 for a throttle body cleaning and new wire harness which is near that portion of the motor. Hopefully these clowns at German Motor Works know WTF they're doing, but honestly - I didn't get that comfortable feeling w/ regards to their knowledge.

pr_capone 11-05-2011 07:45 PM

Got the tune via email about an hour ago. Took me a bit to get the flashing software running properly on the computer but loaded it up and installed it on my car.

HOLY SHIT.

It feels like a completely different car. The hairs on my ball sack stood on end as I went WOT in first and second.

Nothing good will come of this. LOL

pr_capone 11-05-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8077046)
by the way, today; I paid $303 for a throttle body cleaning and new wire harness which is near that portion of the motor. Hopefully these clowns at German Motor Works know WTF they're doing, but honestly - I didn't get that comfortable feeling w/ regards to their knowledge.

How did your car come out?

Simply Red 11-05-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8081346)
How did your car come out?

It's running great, really clean good acceleration, wait, which car? I got the tune done abt 2 yrs ago and Tonya (my girl) drives the 1.8t, I drive the 3.2 and the throttle body cleaning accompanied w/ that wire-harness replacement, apparently were really hindering it's performace. Because it's back!

pr_capone 11-05-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8081958)
It's running great, really clean good acceleration, wait, which car?

this one

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8077046)

Simply Red 11-05-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8081968)
this one

It's running perfectly now, thank god. That engine is very nice, but honestly - I'm going S4 next go around, I'm looking at pulling the trigger on an 08 w/in six mos., or so. I really enjoy the Audi brand. but your car is very sweet, also. :)

Simply Red 11-05-2011 10:06 PM

The EC tunes are cool, but seriously PR - don't ALWAYS get on it, also, if you have a 'sport' option on yours, be sure you use comfort mode or regular 'drive' MOST of the time - or honestly, it'll toll on your tranny over time. Provided it's a 16 valve.

pr_capone 11-05-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8082004)
The EC tunes are cool, but seriously PR - don't ALWAYS get on it, also, if you have a 'sport' option on yours, be sure you use comfort mode or regular 'drive' MOST of the time - or honestly, it'll toll on your tranny over time. Provided it's a 16 valve.

Oh yeh.. gonna play with it for a bit but then it will mostly be business as usual. My car though does not have multiple modes. The engineers set the control to sport, broke the nob, then hid the switch so no one would ever find it. LOL

Simply Red 11-05-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8082016)
Oh yeh.. gonna play with it for a bit but then it will mostly be business as usual. My car though does not have multiple modes. The engineers set the control to sport, broke the nob, then hid the switch so no one would ever find it. LOL

well - conversely, it'll feel normal once the outside temperature topples 73 degrees, or roughly that.

The turbos really like the colder air. In the summer - your car will lose most of it's boost that the tune brought. But that's normal w/ them. Not trying to be a 'know-it-all' - but i own a tuned car and have seen the good bad and ugly over the time. But you'll still be glad you did it, just remember to give it it's breaks/rests, regarding pedaling to the metal.

That's about all i got on it :)