ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2014 Missouri Tigers Football Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280230)

Reaper16 01-03-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 10334374)
Franklin is very lucky that we pulled this one out because this game would have been his legacy had we lost.

As it is its still a sizable black mark but a lot of fans will ultimately overlook his poor performance based on the result of the game.

That's good, I think. Franklin was a very, very important part of this season. He's had his ups and downs, and Yost did him no favors as far as development, but he's tough. I think he represented the school well on the whole. It's a good thing that he won't be remembered as the guy who single-handidly cost Mizzou a Cotton Bowl because he's meant more to Mizzou over the course of his career than a victory in an exhibition game does.

Saul Good 01-03-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334369)
Probably. But it annoyed you, so I won't edit it.

Nothing can annoy me right now...just giving you shit.

Saul Good 01-03-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10334380)
This is pretty much the inverse of the game Gabbert played against Iowa, right down to the results.

That's hilarious. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Simply Red 01-03-2014 11:54 PM

TROLLOL TIGERS!

Saul Good 01-03-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10334393)
That's good, I think. Franklin was a very, very important part of this season. He's had his ups and downs, and Yost did him no favors as far as development, but he's tough. I think he represented the school well on the whole. It's a good thing that he won't be remembered as the guy who single-handidly cost Mizzou a Cotton Bowl because he's meant more to Mizzou over the course of his career than a victory in an exhibition game does.

Nailed it

Mosbonian 01-03-2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 10334374)
Franklin is very lucky that we pulled this one out because this game would have been his legacy had we lost.

As it is its still a sizable black mark but a lot of fans will ultimately overlook his poor performance based on the result of the game.

I will remember this as Franklin's swan song and how poorly he played. It's like he reverted to 2012 Franklin and really almost lost the game for us. That is what I will remember most about him.

It's reality.....what people remember you is the last impression you made on them.

Pitt Gorilla 01-03-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10334411)
I will remember this as Franklin's swan song and how poorly he played. It's like he reverted to 2012 Franklin and really almost lost the game for us. That is what I will remember most about him.

It's reality.....what people remember you is the last impression you made on them.

Moving down the field for a come-from-behind touchdown, including a 3rd down play where he hung in and made an amazing throw. The was the last impression, no?

Saul Good 01-03-2014 11:58 PM

What is it about the last three QBs we've had. They are, quite possibly, the three best we've ever had. Yet, somehow, I'm always ready for them to leave.

Saul Good 01-03-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10334419)
Moving down the field for a come-from-behind touchdown, including a 3rd down play where he hung in and made an amazing throw. The was the last impression, no?

That was not an amazing throw. It was three yards under thrown. A good throw would have been a TD.

Sully 01-04-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10334423)
What is it about the last three QBs we've had. They are, quite possibly, the three best we've ever had. Yet, somehow, I'm always ready for them to leave.

I'm with you on the last two, but Chase? I can't imagine wishing for the end of his career at Mizzou.

Mosbonian 01-04-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10334419)

Look....I like Franklin, but let's be real. Franklin played horribly all night. This game shouldn't have been this close and the mental errors he made are more ones that you see First Year QB's make.

You have to admit that the defense and Henry Josey bailed out Franklin tonight. I will give Franklin his due on the pass to DGB but you have to admit he played horribly and single-handedly almost cost us a great season.

Eleazar 01-04-2014 12:01 AM

He was awful in this game, but somehow Franklin made one throw when we really needed it, down the sideline to DGB. It was his one redeeming moment of the day.

Saul Good 01-04-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10334432)
I'm with you on the last two, but Chase? I can't imagine wishing for the end of his career at Mizzou.

I almost edited my post. I wasn't happy about him leaving, but I had found peace with it...especially with Gabbert waiting in the wings. His play and demeanor in the second half of the season (I'm looking at you, Warren Buffett) was going downhill fast.

Mosbonian 01-04-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 10334432)

I'm with you on Daniel.....I was ready to see Gabbert and now Franklin leave, but Daniel was fun to watch just because he ran the offense so efficiently.

I am excited to see the run of Maty Mauk.....with DGB and the RB trio we could still be explosive. Our O-Line needs to make sure the new guys to take over for the graduating seniors slide right into their slots.

Sully 01-04-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10334455)
I almost edited my post. I wasn't happy about him leaving, but I had found peace with it...especially with Gabbert waiting in the wings. His play and demeanor in the second half of the season (I'm looking at you, Warren Buffett) was going downhill fast.

You know, you may be right.
It's hard to remember (hindsight and all) how excited I was to see what Gabbert could do.