ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO series The Leftovers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284158)

Fire Me Boy! 06-06-2014 06:59 AM

HBO series The Leftovers

Two percent of the world's population disappears. Looks intriguing. Starts June 29.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Shn1mPejr_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRichard 06-06-2014 07:08 AM

They were leftover again?

Fire Me Boy! 06-06-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10674301)
They were leftover again?

I searched the word "leftovers" and there's nothing back to the beginning of the year...

Baby Lee 06-06-2014 07:30 AM

Sprinkle some cheese on it and throw it in the oven for 15 minutes @ 250.

Red Brooklyn 06-06-2014 11:12 AM

Book was really good. SUPER excited for the show. Looks fantastic.

BigRichard 06-06-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10674330)
I searched the word "leftovers" and there's nothing back to the beginning of the year...

For the most part I was joking. I think someone did post a link to it somewhere in one of the threads. Might have been in the GoT thread. Not that I care.

ragedogg69 06-06-2014 08:28 PM

I will be honest, Damon Lindelof scares the hell out of me with this. I love the premise, but I wasted so much time with bullshit he was attached to.

KcMizzou 06-06-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10675507)
I will be honest, Damon Lindelof scares the hell out of me with this. I love the premise, but I wasted so much time with bullshit he was attached to.

YEP!

And I saw an interview where he was saying he hopes people don't get too wrapped up in the mystery of where the 2% went. The story is about the people left behind.

Heh... I'm out.

Red Brooklyn 06-07-2014 08:47 AM

Good advice, though. That's the focus of the source material as well.

Red Brooklyn 06-07-2014 08:49 AM

And I'll defend Lindelof. Even if it doesn't make me any friends. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do with a cable series.

BigRedChief 06-07-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10675534)
YEP!

And I saw an interview where he was saying he hopes people don't get too wrapped up in the mystery of where the 2% went. The story is about the people left behind.

Heh... I'm out.

WTF?

People are not going to invest time in a series that the whole premise is people disappeared and you don't tell them why? You learned nothing from Lost? Why would people trust you again?

Yeah, sounds like a winner to me, not.:doh!:

Sure-Oz 06-07-2014 10:30 AM

Looks interesting....have no clue wtf is going on.

So this damon dude did lost? I've never watched that show.

What other HBO series are worth checking out that are currently on? I only watch GOT so far.

I know I have old expired shows to catch up on like wire, ebad, sopranos

KCUnited 06-07-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10675534)
YEP!

Heh... I'm out.

I'm not familiar with this guy but I thought the same thing after seeing that interview. Seemed like a lazy way of never having to provide a conclusion, but I'm sure I'm not a deep enough thinker to get the most out of the show.

Red Brooklyn 06-07-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10676063)
WTF?

People are not going to invest time in a series that the whole premise is people disappeared and you don't tell them why? You learned nothing from Lost? Why would people trust you again?

Yeah, sounds like a winner to me, not.:doh!:

The premise of the show is to explore how people react to an unexplainable phenomenon. It's a great story. The book is really lovely and I highly recommend it.

I think it lends itself really well to a television show. And obviously he did learn something from LOST. He's telling you now, up front, not to focus on an imaginary mystery. He's managing expectations. And it's a good PR move.

The show isn't about the disappearance, it's about the reaction, the aftermath. Should be fascinating, if you're into that kind of thing.

Sure-Oz 06-07-2014 10:51 AM

Kind've dumb to not find out where the people went eventually...