ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Berry wonders if a bounty was placed on him (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256847)

-King- 03-05-2012 02:45 PM

Berry wonders if a bounty was placed on him

Eric Berry wonders if bounty led to his injury

Posted by Josh Alper on March 5, 2012, 3:27 PM EST

With the revelations about the bounty program in New Orleans and several NFL players saying that such things happen all around the NFL, there will likely be a second look taken at some injuries in the recent past.

That’s what Chiefs safety Eric Berry is doing with the torn ACL he suffered in the 2011 season opener against the Bills. Berry was blocked low by Stevie Johnson and missed the rest of the season. Berry took to Twitter, brought to our attention by Arrowhead Addict, with some thoughts about the injury on Monday.

“Sometimes I sit n wonder if they had a bounty out on me…oh well…who cares. Either way u can’t hold me down.”

There’s no reason to believe any kind of bounty was in effect during that game. In an interesting bit of timing, Johnson was on Jim Rome’s radio show on Monday and the subject of bounties came up. Johnson called them “stupid” and said that no one needs “to be doing that for a W.” In another interview with TSN Radio, Johnson said pretty much the same thing and he was adamant after the game that there was nothing intentional beyond trying to block Berry.

Injuries have always been part of the NFL, but there’s a good chance they’re going to be looked at a bit differently in light of the news about the Saints.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/eric-berry-wonders-if-bounty-led-to-his-injury/
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP 03-05-2012 02:48 PM

Eric Berry @Stuntman1429
"@BFlowers24: Just walked in to train and evvvvvvverybody here @Stuntman1429 is in shape like a mofo wtf?" //been grindin Bruh!

Chiefnj2 03-05-2012 02:48 PM

Offensive players placing a bounty on defenders? I guess Hines Ward is the only guy that could collect on a consistent basis.

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8419426)
Eric Berry @Stuntman1429
"@BFlowers24: Just walked in to train and evvvvvvverybody here @Stuntman1429 is in shape like a mofo wtf?" //been grindin Bruh!

He weighs about 210lbs now?

Quote:

Eric Berry ‏ @Stuntman1429 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
EB is always very vague in his tweets. Just my guess as to what he could mean by 210.

Epic Fail 007 03-05-2012 02:50 PM

At the time I thought that to. It sure looked intentional.

Molitoth 03-05-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

@Stuntman1429
Andy Studebaker? rofl . who is stuntman?

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8419458)
Andy Studebaker? rofl . who is stuntman?

Just a nickname.

Dante84 03-05-2012 02:56 PM

Stuntman1429=Berry

Flowers said Berry is in shape, Berry said he's been working hard.

Okie_Apparition 03-05-2012 03:49 PM

The comments are not so kind

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-his-injury/

NJChiefsFan 03-05-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8419436)
He weighs about 210lbs now?

EB is always very vague in his tweets. Just my guess as to what he could mean by 210.

He really is vague. Half his tweets seem to be for only him to understand, not even his friends. They come with 4 or 5 words and no context, responding to nobody.

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8419706)
He really is vague. Half his tweets seem to be for only him to understand, not even his friends. They come with 4 or 5 words and no context, responding to nobody.

Yup. He does it on purpose. I was surprised with his tweet about bounties though. He made it pretty clear that time.

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8419696)

Those people are a bunch of dumb ****ing arrogant pieces of knownothing shit. I hate people that attempt to have football conversations yet don't know anything about the sport. I don't know anything about basketball. Therefore I don't talk about basketball like I do.

Comments like this:
Quote:

Eric, go watch your injury again. I didn’t see anybody even touch you. You are an excellent player but that’s like saying somebody had a bounty on the Wes Welker ACL+MCL tear, no one hit him!
Quote:

Face it. Earl is the better safety. Use all the excuses you want, but you were picked way too high.
Quote:

For a defensive player? Really, Berry?
Quit feeling sorry for yourself.
Yeah because an offensive player could NEVER attempt to purposefully injury a defensive player. Dumb****s.

jd1020 03-05-2012 04:07 PM

"Eric, go watch your injury again. I didn’t see anybody even touch you. You are an excellent player but that’s like saying somebody had a bounty on the Wes Welker ACL+MCL tear, no one hit him!"

WTF?

Is he confusing Berry with Charles?

KCrockaholic 03-05-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8419772)
"Eric, go watch your injury again. I didn’t see anybody even touch you. You are an excellent player but that’s like saying somebody had a bounty on the Wes Welker ACL+MCL tear, no one hit him!"

WTF?

Is he confusing Berry with Charles?

No. AFTER Johnson hit Berry with the cut block, Eric had already had his ACL torn. But he went back into the game, and 1 or 2 plays later his leg collapsed again with no one around.

But obviously that dumbass didn't pay attention to the play that actually tore his ACL.

Titty Meat 03-05-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 8419464)
Stuntman1429=Berry

Flowers said Berry is in shape, Berry said he's been working hard.

"Dramn Bruh u iz swoll"