ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Burger King proposes making 'McWhopper' with McDonald's for World Peace (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294176)

Deberg_1990 08-26-2015 07:47 PM

Burger King proposes making 'McWhopper' with McDonald's for World Peace

Yum! Would you buy?

Burger King has proposed to McDonald’s that the two fast-food chains come together to make “The McWhopper.”

In a full-page advertisement published Wednesday in the Chicago Tribune and The New York Times, Miami-based Burger King says the two rivals should call a one-day cease-fire in the “burger wars” to make a sandwich that combines elements of the Big Mac and the Whopper, the two chains’ signature burgers.

Burger King says the McWhopper would be sold for one day at a pop-up store in Atlanta, and sales would benefit Peace One Day, a non-profit organization campaigning to raise awareness of the United Nations-recognized Peace Day of Sept. 21.

“Let’s make history and generate a lot of noise around Peace Day. If they say no, we’ll hopefully have, at the very least, raised much-needed financial support and consciousness for the great cause that is Peace One Day,” Fernando Machado, senior vice president for global brand management at Burger King, said in a statement.

McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook responded to Burger King via a public letter, shared on social media, that McDonald’s executives “love the intention but think our two brands could do something bigger to make a difference.”

He did not directly address if McDonald’s would commit to the idea of a making a McWhopper.

“We commit to raise awareness worldwide, perhaps you’ll join us in a meaningful global effort?” Easterbrook said in the response, which was provided by McDonald’s. “And every day, let's acknowledge that between us there is simply a friendly business competition and certainly not the unequaled circumstances of the real pain and suffering of war.”

Easterbrook added, “P.S. A simple phone call will do next time.”

Burger King might not be the first to come up with the idea of the Big Mac/Whopper mashup. The YouTube food critic Daymon Patterson combined the two burgers for a video in June and gave the Franken burger a rave review.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...pper/32390811/

TribalElder 08-26-2015 07:52 PM

No thank you

Don't really care for either by themselves let alone if they **** and have a bastard sandwich offspring

BossChief 08-26-2015 07:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure McDonalds really wants to work with the company that already stole their signature sandwich and calls theirs the Big King.

Otter 08-26-2015 07:58 PM

Just made a ham sandwich to raise awareness of anal warts. God bless me!

RunKC 08-26-2015 08:07 PM

Do you like bad meat soaked in ammonia?

listopencil 08-26-2015 08:13 PM

If that happens then the CEO of Chick-Fil-A should issue a fatwa and call for the Y'all-Qaeda to launch a jihad on both of them.

Simply Red 08-26-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11687317)
No thank you

Don't really care for either by themselves let alone if they **** and have a bastard sandwich offspring

http://i.imgur.com/a6JbleU.gif

Bugeater 08-26-2015 08:14 PM

I think a McWhopper would be fabulous.

Simply Red 08-26-2015 08:15 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!!! MY FAVORITE YA'LL!!! DELISH!!

J Diddy 08-26-2015 08:15 PM

Does this fall under the who gives a Big Mc**** Deberg thread?

Simply Red 08-26-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11687343)
Yeah, I'm sure McDonalds really wants to work with the company that already stole their signature sandwich and calls theirs the Big King.

We need to see an improvement in your attitude with regards to your food thread posts.

kcjayhawks5 08-26-2015 08:18 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11687390)

LMAO what is going on here?

Deberg_1990 08-26-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11687394)
OH MY GOODNESS!!! MY FAVORITE YA'LL!!! DELISH!!

I miss the great food threads we used to have from the offseason

listopencil 08-26-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11687430)
I miss the great food threads we used to have from the offseason

For the last several days I have been making myself a burgeritto for my evening snack. You pan fry a hamburger patty and season it up. Once it is cooked you wrap a tortilla around it (large soft taco size, like 8 inches across) and fold it to completely cover the patty. Then you fry the whole thing in the leftover burger grease until the tortilla is nicely browned and crispy. Put some crumbled sharp cheddar and jalapenos inside first if you want. Squirt ketchup/mustard on the outside of it. Tastes better than BK or McD's.

ptlyon 08-26-2015 08:32 PM

Isn't the Big King already a rip off of the Big Mac?