ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Hawk 04-22-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10578641)
BTW, is there some greater mystery about Lyanna Stark being taken by Rhaegar and her death after that? Did she actually go with him willingly? That entire situation has never been fully explained, but Rhaegar has actually been talked about favorably by some of the characters throughout the series (obviously not by Robert Baratheon in S1).

Perhaps I don't actually want the answer to that, though. If there even is an answer yet.

Given this is a non-spoiler thread, I will just say that there is some mystery about Lyanna's death, it is not really clear yet in the books whether she went willingly with Rhaegar or was taken (Robert clearly believed she was taken and started a war over it that he won to become king), and that story and the resolution of the mystery could play a major role in events to come in the series.

The show has not really addressed it in any detail at all yet, but if you read the first book, you get a sense of it (even in the book it is only hinted at and not revealed, which is par for the course for GRRM and this series which is one of the reasons the books are so great, you really have to pay attention and pick up on subtle hints, he doesn't just lay everything out there for you).

keg in kc 04-23-2014 10:07 AM

I'll be surprised if GRRM ever lets us see an overt answer to that question.

Hawk 04-23-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10580028)
I'll be surprised if GRRM ever lets us see an overt answer to that question.

He has said before in interviews that the question/mystery would be answered or revealed eventually in the books, so I think it will come into play at some point.

DaFace 04-25-2014 08:46 PM

http://i.imgur.com/RkxjlGW.gif

KcMizzou 04-25-2014 08:58 PM

Yarp. Dude loves him some chicken.

RustShack 04-26-2014 10:31 PM

Ugh is it Sunday night yet

GloucesterChief 04-27-2014 08:05 PM

So it was Littlefinger and Grandmother Tyrell. I was right about Littlefingers motives as well.

Buck 04-27-2014 09:49 PM

That was a really awesome and ominous ending.

Bowser 04-27-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10589938)
That was a really awesome and ominous ending.

Yeah it was. The first time we've gotten a look at him.

KC_Connection 04-28-2014 05:41 AM

So that's how White Walkers are made. Can't say I thought they did that with the babies.

And it seems, barring some other kind of reveal, it was Littlefinger and Olenna who conspired to kill Joffrey. I guess both had their reasons, although Littlefinger's are more opaque and long-term focused than Olenna's.

What a surprise that Bran's plan to journey north with no real protection beyond a direwolf among groups of murderous wildlings, mutineers, and White Walkers didn't work out. Looks like Jon Snow is going to have to go up there and save him (and stop Bolton's spy at the same time). You'd think he had enough on his plate already.

Also looks like Jaime is going to try to help Tyrion out of that mess. He tellingly progressed even further away from his sister and father this episode by sending Brienne out to save Sansa and giving her that sword at the same time.

Fire Me Boy! 04-28-2014 05:52 AM

Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone)

I'm so sick and tired of these slow ass episodes and exposition. Bring on the white walkers!!! If they don't turn it around soon, I'm outta here.

This is the Walking Dead thread, right?

Sure-Oz 04-28-2014 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10590212)
I'm so sick and tired of these slow ass episodes and exposition. Bring on the white walkers!!! If they don't turn it around soon, I'm outta here.

More whitewalkers!!!

Chief Gump 04-28-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10590212)

I don't think it is the lack of biters that makes the walking dead shit. It is the lack of everything else like actors and storyline.

I admit I still watch it but only because it is the only thing like it on TV. If any other network had done the show I believe it would have turned out much better. Everything about the show just screams 'B' TV.

Baby Lee 04-28-2014 06:59 AM

Trying to read stuff on GoT online and people are losing their SHIT about Jaime's 'rape' last episode. They're still going on about it for paragraphs this week.

KC_Connection 04-28-2014 07:00 AM

TWD is a decent enough show (albeit one with wasted potential), but it's not even close to the caliber of GoT. They're not really comparable at all.

And was this supposedly a "slow" episode? I found just about every scene fascinating in its own way as usual.