ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Game announcers were Card homers? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=149400)

Calcountry 10-09-2006 11:03 AM

Game announcers were Card homers?

Solomon Wilcots, or whatever, used the word "Poise" to describe Matt Leinert about 8 times in the first half.

He stopped using it in the second half.

Way to go Chiefs D, you could even shut up a Leinert Homer who is in bad need of a Thesaurus.

DaFace 10-09-2006 11:04 AM

Sorry...I have to go with the "Who cares?" response to this one.

L.A. Chieffan 10-09-2006 11:07 AM

I didnt even know the Cards had fans let alone Homers.

StcChief 10-09-2006 11:11 AM

I will call him an NFL owner/ league homer.

The only thing that would have made this game a real 'feel good' story is if the two rookie QBs (Lienert/Croyle) were playing each other. To compare contrast college ball programs. :) :)

vailpass 10-09-2006 11:12 AM

"The refs conspire against us, violent plays from opposing teams should always result in fines, and now even the announcers are against us."
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Maybe some of you ought to change your site name to "Vagina Planet". The name would fit better and the logo would be pretty cool.

Deberg_1990 10-09-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
Sorry...I have to go with the "Who cares?" response to this one.

Agreed. I did however listen to the KCFX broadcast over the TV guys.

Look, the NFL and its broadcasting partners have a job to do. Sell its product and its future stars. I have no problem with that, its basic business 101.

If Leinert played for the Chiefs everyone on here would be talking about what great Announcers that CBS has.

Iowanian 10-09-2006 11:22 AM

They were having to fight with mecca for ball time...yeah...those kind of balls.

StcChief 10-09-2006 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
"The refs conspire against us, violent plays from opposing teams should always result in fines, and now even the announcers are against us."

Maybe some of you ought to change your site name to "Vagina Planet". The name would fit better and the logo would be pretty cool.

I didn't think the announcers are against us... more they want the 'new'
product on the field to succeed so bad it smells.

BTW... Go Ravens.

vailpass 10-09-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
I didn't think the announcers are against us... more they want the 'new'
product on the field to succeed so bad it smells.

BTW... Go Ravens.

Yep, the new high profile QB will always get some run from the media. You picked a good week to be a Raven fan, Billick owns Shanny as bad as Shanny owns Belichek.

Thig Lyfe 10-09-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Yeah! Vaginas!

CupidStunt 10-09-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

violent plays from opposing teams should always result in fines

The word you're looking for is "illegal".

And that illegal takedown should and will be fined.

HemiEd 10-09-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

I hope Sterling Sharpe does the rest of the Broncos games this season. :D

Wile_E_Coyote 10-09-2006 11:52 AM

Quote:

When you add in the poster's handle, it just throws this over into the pretty darn funny category :thumb:

vailpass 10-09-2006 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd

:cuss: Now that's just plain mean Ed. :)

StcChief 10-09-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd

No that's THerling THarpe, just as him. :p