ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Even Broncos think we had a great draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183943)

banyon 04-27-2008 08:16 PM

Even Broncos think we had a great draft

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68067

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68029

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedhead
You cannot deny that the Chiefs killed this draft. Dorsey and Albert gave me chest pains. Jamaal Charles is the one pick where I thought they blew it. I think he's a Tatum type RB. Other than that though, there isn't a team in the league that improved more than the Chiefs. They made the most of trading their best player, but they did trade their best player. We'll see if it pays off. On paper, it's the best draft in the league. Overall: A

LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf754life
the chiefs had an outstanding day............much better than ours........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete
Is that a serious question? A good DT is more valuable. By far. Hell, Allen was a 4th round pick. So was Dumervil. You can find good DEs. How many top DTs are there in the league? If they were easy to come by, we wouldn't keep signing and trading for castoffs in the hopes of finding one.

Quote:

Dorsey is an absolute freak. I hoped like hell the Falcons would take him, because I didn't want him anywhere near the AFC West.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford
KC had the best draft in the league, cannot deny it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecklenburg77
I hate to admit it but I think that the Chefs won out. They did good on their selections. Those Bastards! Welcome to my world, Utah State ranked #117 out of 119 D-1 schools. Our only bright spot, Kevin Robinson, who just got drafted by the Chefs, this really hurt. Oh well one day we celebrate K-Rob, now we just hate him

TEX 04-27-2008 08:18 PM

Who cares what they think? We certainly don't need them to justify anything. If anyone doubts it, they're misinformed.

banyon 04-27-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 4721765)
Who cares what they think? We certainly don't need them to justify anything. If anyone doubts it, they're misinformed.

for amusement purposes only.

Rasputin 04-27-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

I care and I'm loving it :D

KcMizzou 04-27-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Nobody, really... but respect from even your biggest rival says a little something.

KC did a good job. An excellent job... for once.

xbarretx 04-27-2008 08:27 PM

:clap:

teedubya 04-27-2008 08:32 PM

this weekend will likely be the Chiefs only highlight this year.

beach tribe 04-27-2008 08:35 PM

Rusty Shackelford?

Is Rust shack trolling them? Heh.

keg in kc 04-27-2008 08:38 PM

I said it yesterday and I say it again now: the Allen trade was the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years. That trade made this draft possible.

And if Glenn Dorsey is what everybody seems to think he is, if he's a dominant tackle a la Warren Sapp in his prime, he's worth about ten Jared Allens. Because while edge rushers are certainly valueable, they sure as hell ain't rare, and I still think we have one left on the roster right now who's capable of at least as much as Allen did last year. And this Johnston kid, a year or two from now with some seasoning, has the measurables to be the kind of strong side end we haven't seen here in a long time, someone along the lines of Trevor Pryce to steal a Donkey player (Neil Smith's a little too optimismistic, even for me).

'course, he could also be Terdell Sands at LDE.

KcMizzou 04-27-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 4721822)
this weekend will likely be the Chiefs only highlight this year.

Thanks, Debbie Downer.

Yeah, the Chiefs probably wont be great next season. That said, I'm ready for training camp. It's gonna be fun.

For the record, I'm really, really happy that a guy like you is a beaker, and not a Mizzou fan. With your general attitude, I'd find it really hard to defend you.

Mile High Mania 04-27-2008 08:42 PM

I think KC had a really good draft... hell, it was hard to screw up the first 2 picks, but it could have been done. Nice weekend overall...

I think Denver did well and Oakland has some interesting new players - via FA as well. I'm very curious to see how OAK performs this year... they got a lot of new weapons, it's just a matter of time.

keg in kc 04-27-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 4721855)
I think KC had a really good draft... hell, it was hard to screw up the first 2 picks, but it could have been done.

If there's any team that could do it, it would be us...

KcMizzou 04-27-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 4721855)
I think KC had a really good draft... hell, it was hard to screw up the first 2 picks, but it could have been done. Nice weekend overall...

I think Denver did well and Oakland has some interesting new players - via FA as well. I'm very curious to see how OAK performs this year... they got a lot of new weapons, it's just a matter of time.

Thanks man.

You have to understand... this draft, for Chiefs fans, was like winning the lottery. We all hoped for the best... with so many picks... but damn, it just all went so well.

Hopefully we'll be right back in the mix sooner rather than later.

Mile High Mania 04-27-2008 08:48 PM

I completely understand the excitement... the team has been in need of repair and they needed a few homeruns.

teedubya 04-27-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4721846)
Thanks, Debbie Downer.

Yeah, the Chiefs probably wont be great next season. That said, I'm ready for training camp. It's gonna be fun.

For the record, I'm really, really happy that a guy like you is a beaker, and not a Mizzou fan. With your general attitude, I'd find it really hard to defend you.

im glad to be a KU fan also. Championships are rare here in the midwest.

Yeah. This weekend WILL be the highlight. You have to remember, Herm is a good evaluator of talent... but a horrible coach. And Carl is still the GM.

We will win at most 6 games.

That being said, I enjoyed our superbowl draft weekend.