ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Day 1 Draft Plan w/out Surtain and no trades (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114549)

ct 04-20-2005 01:09 PM

Day 1 Draft Plan w/out Surtain and no trades

My choice would be 2 CBs and 1 OLB, and w/out Surtain and no draft slot movement, we must take the best chance available at a starter-ready CB in round 1.

Option 1 - CB,CB,OLB

15 - CB Carlos Rogers
46 - CB Eric Green
99 - OLB Jordan Beck

Option 2 - CB,OLB,CB

15 - CB Carlos Rogers
46 - OLB Kevin Burnett
99 - CB Stanley Wilson

Then follow up with the best available WR prospect in round 4.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2005 01:13 PM

If we draft a corner in the 2nd and elect not to trade it for Surtain I will go postal.

Brock 04-20-2005 01:16 PM

I doubt the Chiefs will spend all 3 first day picks on defense.

Coogs 04-20-2005 01:24 PM

Sign Law.

1st Davis S/OLB
2nd Tuck DE
3rd Beck OLB or Henry WR

jcroft 04-20-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
Sign Law.

1st Davis S/OLB
2nd Tuck DE
3rd Beck OLB or Henry WR

If we sign Law then I DEFINITELY want a CB drafted in round one. Law is too big a question mark -- we can't rely on him. If we pick him up, we need to also do whatever it takes to get Rodgers, Pac-Man, or Rolle.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt
My choice would be 2 CBs and 1 OLB, and w/out Surtain and no draft slot movement, we must take the best chance available at a starter-ready CB in round 1.

Option 1 - CB,CB,OLB

15 - CB Carlos Rogers
46 - CB Eric Green
99 - OLB Jordan Beck

Option 2 - CB,OLB,CB

15 - CB Carlos Rogers
46 - OLB Kevin Burnett
99 - CB Stanley Wilson

not bad ... i prefer option 1

CosmicPal 04-20-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Sign Law.

1st Davis S/OLB
2nd Tuck DE
3rd Beck OLB or Henry WR

:thumb:

I like all three of those draftees.

jcroft 04-20-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
:thumb:

I like all three of those draftees.

I don't object to the draftees, really, but when Law's not fully recovered, we're running Warfield and Bartee out there -- no thanks.

Coogs 04-20-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
If we sign Law then I DEFINITELY want a CB drafted in round one. Law is too big a question mark -- we can't rely on him. If we pick him up, we need to also do whatever it takes to get Rodgers, Pac-Man, or Rolle.

The ESPN crew said the other day that there is no way that Law is even on the down hill side of his career yet. Said he has several good years left.

Nothing personal, but I am going to go with their opinion.

Tribal Warfare 04-20-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryt

Option 1 - CB,CB,OLB

15 - CB Carlos Rogers
46 - CB Eric Green
99 - OLB Jordan Beck

Option 2 - CB,OLB,CB

15 - CB Carlos Rogers
46 - OLB Kevin Burnett
99 - CB Stanley Wilson

Rogers is going to Oakland

tyton75 04-20-2005 01:36 PM

I have a feeling that Surtain is not going to be a Chief..

we'll probably do something with Law.. then draft a CB in the first (hopefully 1 of the top 3 are still there!!)

jcroft 04-20-2005 01:38 PM

Quote:

The ESPN crew said the other day that there is no way that Law is even on the down hill side of his career yet. Said he has several good years left.

Nothing personal, but I am going to go with their opinion.

I totally agree with them, too. He's definitely a great player still. But, he's injured. He may be still injured when the season starts. Even if he's ready to go, he'll still be prone to reinjuring himself.

With Surtain or a 1st round CB, we can reaonably expect them to start the first game of the season. With Law, we can not. Law is a great player, but that doesn't help us if he can't play.

The Bad Guy 04-20-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Rogers is going to Oakland

In the 2nd round that would be impressive.

Tribal Warfare 04-20-2005 01:44 PM

I heard that've recieved Houston's #13 pick

Coogs 04-20-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcroft
I totally agree with them, too. He's definitely a great player still. But, he's injured. He may be still injured when the season starts. Even if he's ready to go, he'll still be prone to reinjuring himself.

With Surtain or a 1st round CB, we can reaonably expect them to start the first game of the season. With Law, we can not. Law is a great player, but that doesn't help us if he can't play.

Everybody in the NFL is prone to injuring themselves. Shoot, you never know, but even in practice at training camp guys get hurt. As good as our offense is, if one of a number of guys go down, our offense might suck.

It's just a gut freeling on my part, but I think Law is going to be good to go by the regular season.