ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Olympus Has Fallen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269191)

Aries Walker 08-29-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9922629)
Olympus was a far better action movie. WHD was silly to the point of stupidity many times.

Which was kind of the point, I thought. Neither were feasible or believable, but WHD not taking itself seriously - pretty much at all - worked as kind of a nod and a wink to the audience. OHF, playing it straight, seemed to me like it wasn't as self-aware of its own action-movie-ness, if that makes any sense.

That said, I can understand the opposite viewpoint here, so I'm not going to argue this, pretty much at all.

Silock 08-29-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9924298)
Which was kind of the point, I thought. Neither were feasible or believable, but WHD not taking itself seriously - pretty much at all - worked as kind of a nod and a wink to the audience. OHF, playing it straight, seemed to me like it wasn't as self-aware of its own action-movie-ness, if that makes any sense.

That said, I can understand the opposite viewpoint here, so I'm not going to argue this, pretty much at all.

I guess. I went to see it in the theater to get drunk and watch some shit blow up. Olympus did that for me, unbelievable a premise as it was. I decided to torrent WHD, and I'm glad I did, because I nearly turned it off 4 times while watching it, but was too bored to do so. Too much little girl, too much weird dialogue -- it just took away screen time from eye candy and explosions, lol.

Aspengc8 08-30-2013 01:19 PM

Just watched this on blue-ray. OK for a popcorn flick, lots of head shots and stabbings... felt like I was watching a Call of Doody movie. The CGI was laughable, at best.

Deberg_1990 08-30-2013 03:13 PM

The special effects were not special
Posted via Mobile Device

Aries Walker 08-30-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9925608)
I guess. I went to see it in the theater to get drunk and watch some shit blow up. Olympus did that for me, unbelievable a premise as it was. I decided to torrent WHD, and I'm glad I did, because I nearly turned it off 4 times while watching it, but was too bored to do so. Too much little girl, too much weird dialogue -- it just took away screen time from eye candy and explosions, lol.

I can't argue with that. At least the writers of Olympus
Spoiler!

Sure-Oz 08-30-2013 06:37 PM

This looked like a B movie with a little more budget.

Mr. Laz 09-01-2013 08:41 PM

just saw it ... should of just called it 'Die Hard reboot' or better yet 'Die Hard ripoff'

I fully expect Reginald VelJohnson to step out on screen and eat a twinkie at some point.

Deberg_1990 11-12-2013 05:54 PM

Decent flick. Watched it on Netflix last night. Better than I was thinking it would be. Well done for a relatively low budget affair.

I'll have to check out White House Down to compare.

Pepe Silvia 11-12-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10181875)
Decent flick. Watched it on Netflix last night. Better than I was thinking it would be. Well done for a relatively low budget affair.

I'll have to check out White House Down to compare.

I thought it was pretty good based on the action alone. The Washington Monument scene was a little ridiculous though, pretty sure you can't zig zag through thousands of heavy ass bricks falling everywhere. ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-12-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10177203)
Given that Olympus has Fallen is on Netflix, I gave it a WTF watch last night. I like Gerard Butler and knew it was going to be a god awful piece of shit going in, but I still didn't adequately prepare myself.

The Macguffin in that movie is one of the most poorly researched, illogical plot devices ever. Still fun to watch Butler do Butler things, but there were dozens of :facepalm: moments.

CoMoChief 11-12-2013 09:13 PM

Horrible movie.

Would have been better if they made it more believable.

What I saw was a damn clown show starring Gerard Butler.

Frazod 11-12-2013 09:24 PM

Was it as lame as the White House being seized in 24?

ThaVirus 11-12-2013 09:25 PM

The White House invasion scene was cool. I'm not saying it was realistic or feasible but it was entertaining.

Frazod 11-12-2013 09:33 PM

Goddammit. Somehow I find myself watching this turd.

People should really stop announcing shitty stuff in Netflix. :cuss:

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-12-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10182519)
Was it as lame as the White House being seized in 24?

I never watched 24, but in this case, two Koreans operating an AC-130 are able to use side mounted 20 mm Gatling Guns with marksman-like accuracy from 800 feet in the air. Also, dropping flares will defeat AMRAAM missiles, and private security contractors are allowed into the WH bunker.