ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I Just Took My Contacts Out, And... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112604)

FloridaChief 03-19-2005 11:46 PM

I Just Took My Contacts Out, And...

...whatta relief!

Had been feeling headachey for awhile and finally figured out that I had my lenses in for WAY too long. Six days now, as a matter of fact.

I may be kidding myself, but I could almost swear I heard my right eyeball actually sigh with relief when I liberated it from it's water-plastic prison...

Slayer Diablo 03-19-2005 11:58 PM

Wouldn't doubt it...even if you're using "increased air flow" contacts, you should be taking them out at least once every three days.

Redcoats58 03-20-2005 05:34 AM

Had a buddy who left his contacts in to long and had to have them surgically removed. I'd be careful if I were you.

Rausch 03-20-2005 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico Diablo
Wouldn't doubt it...even if you're using "increased air flow" contacts, you should be taking them out at least once every three days.

Um, yeah, whatever...who's the chick in your sig?

STFU

|Zach| 03-20-2005 06:07 AM

Hey bud forget contacts...get some surgery.

I will do it for you if you like. I give you a sweetheart deal. I took a semester of biomedical science and got a B-

Trust me? :)

FloridaChief 03-20-2005 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
Hey bud forget contacts...get some surgery.

I will do it for you if you like. I give you a sweetheart deal. I took a semester of biomedical science and got a B-

Trust me? :)

Zach, if you promise to watch the lasik video and study it hard, I'll let you do the procedure. If I can still see when you're finished, I may actually pay you...

B-? Probably a higher grade than my current optomotrist got...

Seriously, as soon as I can afford the mother, I'm gonna do lasik...

FloridaChief 03-20-2005 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcoats58
Had a buddy who left his contacts in to long and had to have them surgically removed. I'd be careful if I were you.

Ouch. That can't have been fun.

Over-Head 03-20-2005 07:09 AM

The uncle in law is an eye surgen. He gave me a 30min speach about wearing mine for more than 12 hrs. :shake:

FloridaChief 03-20-2005 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head
The uncle in law is an eye surgen. He gave me a 30min speach about wearing mine for more than 12 hrs. :shake:

For the last 2 years, I've been wearing Night And Day lenses by Focus. My doc told me they allow the maximum oxygen transfer of any commercial soft contact and are rated for 1 weeks continous wear by most eye doctors. I try not to wear mine for more than three or four days, though...

4th and Long 03-20-2005 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Um, yeah, whatever...who's the chick in your sig?

STFU

Her name is Tara. http://www.johnnycrosslin.com/models.../tara/tara.htm

Phobia 03-20-2005 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaChief
Seriously, as soon as I can afford the mother, I'm gonna do lasik...

You can definitely afford lasik. You can't afford Crown and absinthe. :D

FloridaChief 03-20-2005 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
You can definitely afford lasik. You can't afford Crown and absinthe. :D

I deal with the truth by avoiding it, mostly. I certainly don't face up to it in an adult way. What I mean is, you really, really suck...

I've only ever spent $170 on the 'sinthe. Two bottles of Crown a month runs about $80 at the Class VI store. Nope, even if I gave the *medicine* up, I still can't afford lasik.

God, I gotta get a better job, man...

Phobia 03-20-2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

I deal with the truth by avoiding it, mostly. I certainly don't face up to it in an adult way. What I mean is, you really, really suck...

Me too, unfortunately. If a problem is ignored or glossed over, sometimes it goes away - at least that's what I must have been taught growing up.

My eyes are perfect, but I've seen advertisements for lasik where monthly payments were roughly the equivelent of a car payment in the 80's.

suds79 03-20-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

...whatta relief!

Had been feeling headachey for awhile and finally figured out that I had my lenses in for WAY too long. Six days now, as a matter of fact.

I may be kidding myself, but I could almost swear I heard my right eyeball actually sigh with relief when I liberated it from it's water-plastic prison...

Ah yes. I used to have to go thru that. Needless to say, it sucked.

Get LASIC man. Best investment I've ever made. :thumb:

FloridaChief 03-20-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
My eyes are perfect

Great.

fuck my eyes, this is a dead subject. Don't forget you've promised to drink absinthe w/ me when and if I get to KC. I'm holding everyone who said so to their word. Let's see how goddamned good your vision is when I'm shoving a bottle of Absintheium 1792 down your throat. Anybody who backs out will be subject to a Christian Okoye-like humilation on this board the likes of which has never been seen...