ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT Report on Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268253)

RippedmyFlesh 12-31-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9257734)
Wow. Is Clark a ****ing reerun? Only one of those Pro Bowlers are his and he arguably didnt deserve it.

That thought was too logical for anyone to keep to themselves.

BigRedChief 12-31-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 9257707)
Pioli hasn’t learned his fate yet
Posted by Mike Florio on December 31, 2012, 9:22 AM EST

AP

The fact that the Chiefs already have fired coach Romeo Crennel but not G.M. Scott Pioli doesn’t mean that Pioli is safe.

Per a league source, Pioli has yet to hear from owner Clark Hunt regarding Pioli’s future.

It could be that Hunt decided to fire Crennel first and not Pioli in order to gauge the local reaction to the possibility of Pioli returning.

Thats the same basic information that Bad Guy and I posted yesterday.

Could be the same rumor making the rounds or a case of where there is smoke there is fire.:hmmm:

RippedmyFlesh 12-31-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9257739)
Peter King is borderline reeruned.

That would explain alot.

rabblerouser 12-31-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9257743)
That would explain alot.

Well, you know he's one of the 'sources'...

This reads so much like a Peter King piece that he may have ghost-written it.

Chief Roundup 12-31-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

That explains why Pioli, and Ferentz are his "friends".

RippedmyFlesh 12-31-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

It could be that Hunt decided to fire Crennel first and not Pioli in order to gauge the local reaction to the possibility of Pioli returning. Either way, Hunt has not told Pioli whether Pioli will return for a fifth season on the job.

I am about 1,200 miles away from Arrowhead so my screaming at the top of my lungs does nothing. How do we convey the local reaction is negative towards this?

chiefzilla1501 12-31-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

It could be that Hunt decided to fire Crennel first and not Pioli in order to gauge the local reaction to the possibility of Pioli returning. Either way, Hunt has not told Pioli whether Pioli will return for a fifth season on the job.

Since we are speculating and I need to not jump off a bridge, is it possible that hunt is testing the waters in the GM market? And if he's calling head coaches, hopefully he's hearing the signal that every good coach is saying they would consider the position but never work for pioli?

BigRedChief 12-31-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9257753)
Well, you know he's one of the 'sources'...

This reads so much like a Peter King piece that he may have ghost-written it.

It is well known that Peter King and Pioli have been friends for years. See each other socially.

But, if it is a BS plant story made by the Chiefs or Pioli to gauge fan reaction who would Pioli release the plant story to but his old friend.

htismaqe 12-31-2012 09:44 AM

Guys,

ALL of the reports - Schefter, Peter King, Florio, even Marty and BRC - said Pioli is safe FOR NOW but his future is still undecided.

The only people saying "he's coming back" were Albert Breer and Steve Wyche.

Breer was JUST ON NFLN live from KC and said Pioli is safe FOR NOW but could still be fired. And 15 minutes earlier, Steve Wyche said his source was ALBERT BREER.

AdumbGuy 12-31-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

As Adumbguy, reeruned people are my friends and that's one hell of an insult to reeruned people Please take it back.

Peter king is the scott pioli of writers and the Casshole of journalists.

Bob Dole 12-31-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

It could be that Hunt decided to fire Crennel first and not Pioli in order to gauge the local reaction to the possibility of Pioli returning.

Oh for ****'s sake. He has to "gauge the local reaction"???

Here's a reaction: YOUR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS AT AN ALL TIME LOW.

Don't be obtuse.

rabblerouser 12-31-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9257848)
As Adumbguy, reeruned people are my friends and that's one hell of an insult to reeruned people Please take it back.

Peter king is the scott pioli of writers and the Casshole of journalists.

You're absolutely right.

My apologies.