ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Next GM Short-List: Who's your pick and why? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265883)

Dayze 10-29-2012 07:18 PM

Anyone that doesn't involved Marty or Bill. JFc I'm tired of idiots thinking that is an awesome idea.

Dayze 10-29-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9063841)
Anyone that doesn't involved Marty or Bill. JFc I'm tired of idiots thinking that is an awesome idea.

Edit

...idiot is too strong of a word. I let the emotions get the better of me.m
However I think it's a terrible idea

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9063847)
Edit

...idiot is too strong of a word. I let the emotions get the better of me.m
However I think it's a terrible idea

You were right the first time.

I'm actually embarrassed when people say "Marty for GM!".

:facepalm:

JFC, people, Marty Schottenheimer was never a GM and his coaching career left much to be desired (i.e., playoff wins).

milkman 10-29-2012 08:21 PM

I"d still be all in on Eric DeCosta, but Marc Ross would work for me too.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-29-2012 08:23 PM

DeCosta

SAUTO 10-29-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9063871)
You were right the first time.

I'm actually embarrassed when people say "Marty for GM!".

JFC, people, Marty Schottenheimer was never a GM and his coaching career left much to be desired (i.e., playoff wins).

This
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej 10-29-2012 08:25 PM

Mike Maslowski.

Coogs 10-29-2012 08:30 PM

I'm still on the Oliver Luck bandwagon...

This guy might have his own ideas, and not try and copy someone elses ideas... much like the idiot we now have as a GM.

In college...

Luck was a finalist to be a Rhodes Scholar (but he did not obtain the scholarship), a National Football Foundation Scholar, and a two-time GTE/CoSIDA Academic All-American who graduated magna cum laude from WVU in 1982. He was named the team MVP in 1980 and 1981 and won the 1981 Louis D. Meisel Award. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Luck was inducted into the Academic All-America Hall of Fame in 2000.

And after his NFL career...

After retiring from football, Luck received a J.D. from the University of Texas, graduating in 1987 with honors,[5] and he practiced law in Germany. In 1990, he was the Republican nominee for Congress from West Virginia's Second Congressional District, which included his alma mater West Virginia University, but he was defeated by incumbent Democrat Harley Staggers, Jr. An ethical controversy arose after his campaign used a mailing list generated by the non-profit Mountaineer Athletic Club to send a photo of himself as WVU's quarterback, along with a letter from Luck, to over 4000 of the club's contributors. A state Ethics Commission report subsequently found that the list had been generated at Luck's request, and Luck apologized.[6]

In 1991, he became general manager of the Frankfurt Galaxy of the fledgling World League of American Football. He held the post for two years until the league was suspended. Upon its resumption in 1995, he became general manager of the Rhein Fire, and was named league president the following year. Luck held that role until 2000, during which time he oversaw the league's rebranding as NFL Europe, intended to strengthen the connection between the league and its parent, the NFL.

In 2001, Luck was sworn in as Chief Executive Officer of the Houston Sports Authority. In this role he oversaw the operations of the Harris County Houston Sports Authority, the governmental entity created in 1997 to provide the financing, construction and management oversight of the three large sports and entertainment venues in Houston: Minute Maid Park (home of the Houston Astros), Reliant Stadium, (home of the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo), and the new Downtown multi-purpose arena (home of the Houston Rockets and Comets).[citation needed]

Prior to joining the Sports Authority, Luck was a top-ranking executive with the National Football League for more than ten years, where he served as Vice President of Business Development and President and CEO of NFL Europe. In 2005, he was named president of the Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer.

On June 27, 2008, Luck was appointed by West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin to the West Virginia University Board of Governors, effective July 1.[5] On June 9, 2010, Luck was hired as the athletic director of West Virginia University. Two years later his name surfaced as a potential candidate to fill the open athletic director's slot at Stanford University, where his son Andrew played quarterback and one of his daughters played volleyball. But Luck announced on May 17, 2012, that he was staying at WVU.[7]

During Luck's tenure, the WVU athletic program has made significant changes, including: WVU's move from the Big East Conference to the Big 12 Conference;[8] the resignation of head football coach Bill Stewart and subsequent promotion of Dana Holgorsen to that spot;[9] and the firing of baseball coach Greg Van Zant.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Luck

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064098)

He's not an NFL general manager. Why in the hell would you hire someone as a GM that's never scouted, never been a college or pro personnel guy and never an NFL GM?

He might be a candidate for team president but even that's not a certainty.

Simply Red 10-29-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop12 (Post 9063748)
Some HOSS, studs

**** YOU!

spades 10-29-2012 08:55 PM

marc ross

Coogs 10-29-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9064180)
He's not an NFL general manager. Why in the hell would you hire someone as a GM that's never scouted, never been a college or pro personnel guy and never an NFL GM?

He might be a candidate for team president but even that's not a certainty.

So you are saying I would not have been smart enough to have drafted Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Jon baldwin, and Dontari Poe? And neither would Oliver Luck, who actually has had success in the football arena? That decisions like those 4 gems need to be left to the guys like Pioli who have experience?

I think I'll stick with Luck for a little while longer.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064231)
So you are saying I would not have been smart enough to have drafted Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Jon baldwin, and Dontari Poe? And neither would Oliver Luck, who actually has had success in the football arena? That decisions like those 4 gems need to be left to the guys like Pioli who have experience?

I think I'll stick with Luck for a little while longer.

clyde05 10-29-2012 09:06 PM

As long as his name isn't Scott Pioli!!!

rtmike 10-29-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9064098)

This guy might have his own ideas, and not try and copy someone elses ideas... much like the idiot we now have as a GM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Luck

Prolly has his own ideas because by the sounds of it he's never been part of putting together an NFL team so he has no ideas cause he has no idea.

Sorry, but no thanks.