ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

Tribal Warfare 03-22-2013 12:01 PM

Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’

Marvel Surprise: Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’

EXCLUSIVE: Here is a fun Marvel scoop. I’m hearing that Robert Redford is in discussions to join the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger, the sequel that brings Chris Evans back as the shield-carrying superhero. Redford is in talks to play a senior leadership role in S.H.I.E.L.D., the superhero collective run by Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury character. Joe and Anthony Russo are directing the film from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, whose Marvel script credits include Captain America: The First Avenger and the upcoming Thor: The Dark World. The sequel will be released by Disney April 4, 2014.

In between running his Sundance empire, Redford most recently starred in All Is Lost, the J.C. Chandor-scripted and directed survival tale. While Marvel was predictably mum as Kevin Feige’s unit always is on casting matters, Marvel characters have a tendency to show up in other superhero movies, and I believe that is likely to be on the menu for Redford. It will be somewhat ironic for the patriarch of independent cinema to become a regular in some of Hollywood’s biggest studio blockbusters. Redford’s repped by WME

Deberg_1990 03-22-2013 12:52 PM

Wow, thats interesting....i got the feeling he was sort of "above" this sort of material.

But i guess hes got to eat too.

Tribal Warfare 04-01-2013 02:35 PM

Robert Redford video bite

Tribal Warfare 04-02-2013 04:02 PM

Redford Confirms He’ll Play ‘Head of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ in Captain America 2

Although Robert Redford already confirmed he has joined the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the veteran actor revealed to SPINOFF ONLINE this morning precisely what role he’ll play.

Asked by SPINOFF’ during a press roundtable for The Company You Keep about portraying a senior S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, as previously reported, Redford was quick to clarify,
Quote:

“Well, the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. The head of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

“The Captain America thing is just a very simple thing,” he continued. “I wanted to do something different. I wanted to do something just to be different. Something bold, different. And that felt like a good thing to do. That was it, nothing more to it than that. Well, it’s bold in terms of expectations, I guess. ”
Redford joins returning cast members Chris Evans (Captain America/Steve Rogers), Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier), Toby Jones (Arnim Zola) and Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), along with Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Anthony Mackie (Sam Wilson/Falcon), Emily VanCamp (Sharon Carter), Frank Grillo (Crossbones) and Max Hernandez (Agent Jasper Sitwell).

Directed by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is believed to be based on the Captain America storyline of the same name, which revealed Captain America’s sidekick Bucky Barnes didn’t die as expected during the war. Instead, an amnesiac Bucky got snatched by the Soviets, fitted with a bionic arm and programmed to serve as an assassin known as the Winter Soldier. The secret is revealed in the present day after Barnes attacks the Red Skull and blows up part of Philadelphia. The film opens in 3D on April 4, 2014.

WhiteWhale 04-03-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9521200)
Wow, thats interesting....i got the feeling he was sort of "above" this sort of material.

But i guess hes got to eat too.

He probably was, like so many others, above it until he saw all the goddamn money they make.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9553405)
He probably was, like so many others, above it until he saw all the goddamn money they make.

Heh, of course it’s a “paycheck” job. I get that. What I don’t understand is why Marvel feels they need him? The younger audience has no idea who he is or he isn’t relevant to them, and they obviously don’t need him to increase box offce.

WhiteWhale 04-03-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9553418)
Heh, of course it’s a “paycheck” job. I get that. What I don’t understand is why Marvel feels they need him? The younger audience has no idea who he is or he isn’t relevant to them, and they obviously don’t need him to increase box offce.

I can't answer that.

They could cast a bunch of apes in their films and gross 400 million domestic. People go for the spectacle and then rationalize the rest.

I'm seriously sick of comic movies and I grew up a comic fan. It's kind of weird seeing something you were made fun of for reading 20 years ago become so incredibly mainstream.

DaneMcCloud 04-03-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9553405)

Yeah, Robert Redford doesn't have any money.

:facepalm:

He's only been acting for 50+ years, been an Oscar Winner, founded the Sundance Film Festival and later started the Sundance Channel and is worth a couple hundred million dollars. I'm sure he really needed the payday from the next Captain America film to stay afloat.

DaneMcCloud 04-03-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9553418)

"They" don't need him. But if Robert Redford decides he want to be in a film, I'm pretty certain he doesn't get turned down.

Hammock Parties 04-03-2013 10:26 PM

He's probably doing it for his grandchildren or something.

Tribal Warfare 04-11-2013 09:03 AM

CAPTAIN AMERICA 2: the NEW Suit for THE WINTER SOLDIER

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...w-cap-suit.jpg

Halfcan 04-12-2013 12:05 PM

the first one sucked- I hope this one sucks less-lol

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2013 09:07 AM

http://www.superherohype.com/images/.../May/bucky.jpg

concept art of the Winter Soldier

Tribal Warfare 06-27-2013 07:08 PM

Disney previews new Thor, Captain America films

On Wednesday afternoon, Disney’s CineEurope presentation was led by a never-before-seen production featurette for Thor: The Dark World. As with The Avengers, the film will launch in Europe before the US (it starts rolling out in October). Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) directs and Chris Hemsworth again stars as Thor.

The studio also showed footage and behind-the-scenes footage from Captain America The Winter Soldier, which launches in spring 2014. Production artwork was revealed for new villain The Falcon, played by Anthony Mackie. Director Joe Russo said in a taped interview: “It’s going to be much greater than any Marvel movie to date.”

Deberg_1990 06-27-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9780393)

The studio also showed footage and behind-the-scenes footage from Captain America The Winter Soldier, which launches in spring 2014. Production artwork was revealed for new villain The Falcon, played by Anthony Mackie. Director Joe Russo said in a taped interview: “It’s going to be much greater than any Marvel movie to date.”

I thought Falcon was good?