ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft A mock draft that will make your heads explode (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268335)

GoChargers 01-01-2013 06:07 PM

Has there BEEN a more overrated prospect than Manti Te'o? Dude was a Heisman finalist and is hyped up as a first overall pick but doesn't deserve either distinction.

threebag 01-01-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9265342)
Hey guys check out this mock draft I found:

1. KANSAS CITY- Cancer AIDS, Butt Plug, Your Mom State.
The Chiefs can't risk taking a QB, so they go with the reliable Cancer AIDS here to boost true fan appeal. Scott Pioli also really likes drafting butt plugs to make his team nice and weak and gay.

2-32- ALL TEAMS- All of the QBs
Every other team feels the pressure to take a QB here. Nobody wants to be left without one, for fear that Kansas City will draft one in the 2nd round

Isn't this a shitty mock draft/projection lol

NY CHIEF 01-01-2013 06:17 PM

After watching gino in the syracuse game , he really didnt look like a 1st round pick at all , none the less 1st overall...................:hmmm:

Exoter175 01-01-2013 06:21 PM

I realize we need a QB badly, but we do have other positions needing attention. MLB/ILB is one of those positions. I'm not completely opposed to drafting a linebacker, even with the first pick in the draft. It is my belief that Defensively, in the west, Linebackers are king. With probably the best outside tandem in the west, and the best coverage linebacker in the league, why not strengthen it with another solid body that is both young and talented?

We still have a LOT of time until the draft, and there are so many metrics to be charted and analyzed still, I can't say that I disagree with a Te'o pick right now. I loved Belcher in the run game, and wasn't too impressed with him in coverage, but the guy had so much heart in every game and you saw it. If Te'o shows that he's a student of the game with an above average IQ and good metrics, I don't see a problem with plugging him into our defense.

I can't wait for the pro days and combine so we can peruse through all of their metrics. I'm personally keeping an eye on the wonderlic scores of the top 8 or so ILB/MLB's, as well as QB's like Wilson, Bray, etc. Since there is much less emphasis on holding out of drills at the combine to protect a high draft pick selection resulting in millions more dollars based on where you were picked, I expect to see some good competition at the combine from QB's.

I'm definitely a fan of Geno, I'm just not convinced he plugs into the offense very well with the tools we currently have.

Thig Lyfe 01-01-2013 06:29 PM

http://www.buzzhunt.co.uk/wp-content...lphin-girl.gif

htismaqe 01-01-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9265648)
I realize we need a QB badly, but we do have other positions needing attention. MLB/ILB is one of those positions. I'm not completely opposed to drafting a linebacker, even with the first pick in the draft. It is my belief that Defensively, in the west, Linebackers are king. With probably the best outside tandem in the west, and the best coverage linebacker in the league, why not strengthen it with another solid body that is both young and talented?

We still have a LOT of time until the draft, and there are so many metrics to be charted and analyzed still, I can't say that I disagree with a Te'o pick right now. I loved Belcher in the run game, and wasn't too impressed with him in coverage, but the guy had so much heart in every game and you saw it. If Te'o shows that he's a student of the game with an above average IQ and good metrics, I don't see a problem with plugging him into our defense.

I can't wait for the pro days and combine so we can peruse through all of their metrics. I'm personally keeping an eye on the wonderlic scores of the top 8 or so ILB/MLB's, as well as QB's like Wilson, Bray, etc. Since there is much less emphasis on holding out of drills at the combine to protect a high draft pick selection resulting in millions more dollars based on where you were picked, I expect to see some good competition at the combine from QB's.

I'm definitely a fan of Geno, I'm just not convinced he plugs into the offense very well with the tools we currently have.

Wow.

threebag 01-01-2013 06:35 PM

I'd give he a false phone number on porpoise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9265686)

the Talking Can 01-01-2013 06:35 PM

spending the #1 pick in the draft on a non-pass rushing lb is so ****ing reeruned it offends the reeruned....

our QBs are Cassel and Quinn....

Frankie 01-01-2013 06:35 PM

Has it occurred to anyone that this is the 3rd mock that does not have Geno Smith anywhere close to the top pick. Should we consider the fact that maybe they know something we (average fans) don't know?

I'm just asking. Sure makes you think.

RealSNR 01-01-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9265715)
Has it occurred to anyone that this is the 3rd mock that does not have Geno Smith anywhere close to the top pick. Should we consider the fact that maybe they know something we (average fans) don't know?

Look at some legit mocks, dude. People are posting the stupid ones because they think they're funny. Not because they say anything important.

The majority of mock drafts still have the Chiefs taking Geno Smith.

Saccopoo 01-01-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9265648)

Oh. My. Dear. God.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9265715)

again hailredskins mock draft database is your friend.

Look there and get back to us.

Only takes one click and you can see over a hundred mocks and the number one pick in all of them on one page.

Every one from the mid Dec range has Geno coming to us
Posted via Mobile Device

Wyndex 01-01-2013 06:56 PM

It's not too far off. A lot of "draft experts" have Geno has a late first/early 2nd talent. Glennon and Barkley tops him. Instead of there being an outright stud at QB you have 5 really good ones. Horrible class of QBs to have the 1st overall pick

Exoter175 01-01-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9265714)
spending the #1 pick in the draft on a non-pass rushing lb is so ****ing reeruned it offends the reeruned....

our QBs are Cassel and Quinn....

Why? This isn't the same NFL where your first round pick gets a billion dollars, so salary is out of the question. We are in the AFC West where up until last year, the only passing QB worth legitimately building a defense to compete against was Phillip Rivers, completely laughable. Pass Rush isn't that big of a concern here in the west as it is in the AFC South as an example. Despite that, we have Hali and Houston already covered, and in our 3-4, anything else is just depth or rotation, which we could better utilize. I don't want us drafting a Left Tackle because I believe Albert is our guy and we need to give him a contract and plant him here for the foreseeable future. We need a QB but there isn't a "lights out, guaranteed to not **** this up" QB on the board, and since there isn't one, the likelihood that we draft a QB is up in the air.

Believe me, I want a QB as much as the next guy, but I'm playing devils advocate here for Te'o, and saying I'm not opposed to it.

People need to get their heads wrapped around the way personnel works now with the CBA. It is no longer a "waste" to draft an MLB/ILB in the top 5, top 10, or even the top pick. Especially if that guy has the potential to be at or near the top of his position for the next 5-8 years. By all means draft him.

We picked DJ with our 15th pick in '05, he's been an absolute beacon of hope for this defense since he got here. I am not opposed to spending our #1 draft pick we sucked so hard to get, on a guy who by all measures, could turn into a DJ clone. Why the hell wouldn't you take that?

Like I said, we have a long way to go with pro days, senior bowl, combine, etc. to figure this out, but why automatically rule out Te'o with the #1 pick, just because it isn't commonplace to draft an ILB/MLB there?

That is ignorant, lets see how the kid measures first and not automatically rule people out because of where we are picking. Aside from QB, ILB and CB are probably our biggest concerns for immediate need on this team.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 07:00 PM

I love DJ but without a qb he's never going to win a super bowl
Posted via Mobile Device