ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid (merged) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268357)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 09:28 AM

Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen88

Mort saying Reid wouldn't want Pioli around if he takes job; Peter King says not so fast, the two respect each other. #headspinning

Agent V 01-02-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9267373)
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

To those with the immediate question of what would Andy Reid in KC mean for Scott Pioli - it would mean a new GM

This town ain't big enough for both Andy's walrus-like mustache and Scott's giant hipster glasses.

AussieChiefsFan 01-02-2013 09:29 AM

Heeeeeell yea

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267385)
For sake of conversation, who is the GM if Andy Reid is hired?

All reports indicate Tom Heckert won't be following AR this time around.

Thoughts?

Well to be fair, the reports were that Heckert wouldn't follow him to ARIZONA, IIRC.

Maybe Heckert said "anywhere but Phoenix"?

Dave Lane 01-02-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9267391)
We could do a lot worse than Andy Reid. Guy's good at building a team but blows at in-game decisions.

http://m.deadspin.com/5972253/andy-r...how-bad-he-was

So is every coach out there.

BigMeatballDave 01-02-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9267407)

Mort saying Reid wouldn't want Pioli around if he takes job; Peter King says not so fast, the two respect each other. #headspinning

LMAO Of course King would say that.

CaliforniaChief 01-02-2013 09:30 AM

When it says that Ferentz is meeting with the Chiefs today, that could mean that he and Scott are getting together for dinner tonight where they're going to try and figure out where it all went so wrong for both of them...and maybe Ferentz is in town to offer Iowa's AD position to Pioli. :)

notorious 01-02-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9267416)

Exactly. LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-02-2013 09:32 AM

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Also, if you know agent Bob Lamonte's MO (reps Reid, Gruden, Holmgren), it sure looks like #Cardinals are the ones getting used.

rabblerouser 01-02-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Of course that's what Peter King said...

I hate that fat ****ing dipshit.

RUSH 01-02-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9267385)
For sake of conversation, who is the GM if Andy Reid is hired?

All reports indicate Tom Heckert won't be following AR this time around.

Thoughts?

Hmmm I've read the opposite actually. I've read that both would be very open to a reunion. Could be wrong though.

Arizona has 2 in house candidates for GM and the Cards wouldn't want Heckert to come with Reid. Haven't read anything else disputing the earlier reports that Heckert and Reid wanted to work together again. I would be very content with a Reid and Heckert combo. Would want Chip Kelly before Reid but that combo is probably my #2 preference.

I hated the Weeden pick that Heckert made, but aside from that I think he had done a good job in Cleveland. I don't think him and Reid would pass on Geno.

Agent V 01-02-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9267416)

King still thinks it's 2009, apparently.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

All Peter King said was that they respect each other. Jeff Rosen didn't QUOTE King. Bad form. Plus, King gets info directly from Pioli. Maybe Pioli said "I'm glad I still have a job. I'll fetch Reid coffee if he lets me stay."

Jason Cole, Mort, several others are saying Reid wouldn't want to share power with Pioli. They can respect each other immensely but at the end of the day, Reid is going to get a TON of say.

OnTheWarpath15 01-02-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

We know PK is a Scott Pioli shill, but...

I hope that Clark realizes that a big name hire isn't going to change the fanbase's mind on Pioli.

htismaqe 01-02-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9267417)
When it says that Ferentz is meeting with the Chiefs today, that could mean that he and Scott are getting together for dinner tonight where they're going to try and figure out where it all went so wrong for both of them...and maybe Ferentz is in town to offer Iowa's AD position to Pioli. :)

**** YOU