ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Finding Bigfoot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268859)

munkey 01-13-2013 09:23 PM

Finding Bigfoot

I would love to set up a practical joke on these idiots...I seriously can't believe this show is even funded much less reeruns are being paid for this shit... Unreal!!!!

lewdog 01-13-2013 10:00 PM

Welcome to Montana

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-bigfoot-hoax/

Easy 6 01-14-2013 10:46 AM

I think they get set up by the locals on atleast half of the trips they take.

munkey 01-14-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9316999)
I think they get set up by the locals on atleast half of the trips they take.

I'm sure they do....I think it's funny how they've never really seen or heard one yet know it's call....It's the only show on tv right now that I can't stomach due to it's shere stupidity :rolleyes:

Cheater5 01-14-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9317435)
I'm sure they do....I think it's funny how they've never really seen or heard one yet know it's call....It's the only show on tv right now that I can't stomach due to it's shere stupidity :rolleyes:

NOT defending the show, and I agree that 'Finding Bigfoot' is very repetitive from week to week (same formula and entirely predictable) and Bobo is a complete goof that erodes any credibility.

BUT...do a search on Bigfoot calls. I was screwing around a couple weeks back and played some recordings on YouTube and my dogs were weirded out. At first they cocked their heads, then growled and stood up and looked at me with the hair on their necks/backs raised- it truly freaked me out a little. One thing is for sure, they didnt like it at all.

They're not bothered by music, weapons fire, other dogs barking...practically nothing at all. I have never seen them act that way before or since. So, for what it's worth- interesting if nothing else.

Fish 01-14-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9317465)
NOT defending the show, and I agree that 'Finding Bigfoot' is very repetitive from week to week (same formula and entirely predictable) and Bobo is a complete goof that erodes any credibility.

BUT...do a search on Bigfoot calls. I was screwing around a couple weeks back and played some recordings on YouTube and my dogs were weirded out. At first they cocked their heads, then growled and stood up and looked at me with the hair on their necks/backs raised- it truly freaked me out a little. One thing is for sure, they didnt like it at all.

They're not bothered by music, weapons fire, other dogs barking...practically nothing at all. I have never seen them act that way before or since. So, for what it's worth- interesting if nothing else.

We have no proof that this creature exists. No fossil records, no DNA, no hair samples. Nothing except fuzzy pictures and tall tales.

But your dogs weirded out over a Youtube video, so who knows...?

Seems legit.

Cheater5 01-14-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9317496)
We have no proof that this creature exists. No fossil records, no DNA, no hair samples. Nothing except fuzzy pictures and tall tales.

But your dogs weirded out over a Youtube video, so who knows...?

Seems legit.

Yes, yes; that is precisely what I am suggesting. :rolleyes:

Fish 01-14-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9317527)
Yes, yes; that is precisely what I am suggesting. :rolleyes:

OK. Then why do you find that interesting?

mr. tegu 01-14-2013 02:10 PM

I like the show (though they need to put more substance in them) and I find the whole bigfoot thing to be very interesting :shrug:

Cheater5 01-14-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9317543)
OK. Then why do you find that interesting?

I have spent quite a bit of time in the woods, both professionally and for recreation. I have also lived in the Pacific Northwest (reputed Bigfoot 'hot spot') and gone camping and hunted in Washington and Idaho- I'm no Steve Irwin, but fairly familiar (seen/heard/smelled) a good many four legged animals that are common to North America. I have experienced nothing that I could not identify. My dogs always go with me- and have never reacted to an animal call before like they did when I was screwing around on the internet for sh*ts and giggles.

Yes, I found it amusing and strange that my dogs- who have senses far more acute than we- were startled by a recording of a supposed bigfoot. I state the incident (which is fact) as an interesting anecdote related to the subject of the thread.

Good enough for you?

O.city 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

Listen to the "Sierra Sounds', it'll freak your shit out.

Easy 6 01-14-2013 04:53 PM

Just like with ufo's, there are WAY too many very knowledgable, standup citizens who have flat out said they've seen them.

One of the best i've seen was an interview with a still active Oklahoma game warden, knows the animals of that state like the back of his hand, and he has seen one no farther than the length of his truck from him.

This show is a goof, but there are too many witnesses like the guy above out there for me to dismiss it out of hand.

threebag 01-14-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9317965)
Listen to the "Sierra Sounds', it'll freak your shit out.

I was waiting for "everybodies heard about the bird..."

Fish 01-14-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9318310)
Just like with ufo's, there are WAY too many very knowledgable, standup citizens who have flat out said they've seen them.

"Who all seen the Leprechaun? Say yeah!"

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/117...sinalabama.png

Frazod 01-14-2013 06:48 PM

We need to get LiveSteam to post his bigfoot story here. It's a good one.

InChiefsHeaven 01-14-2013 06:59 PM

When I was a kid, I soooo wanted Bigfoot to be real. I remember the grainy film of him walking through the woods that is still being analyzed to this day.

**** it. I don't care. Bigfoot is real dammit!!

Frazod 01-14-2013 07:05 PM

As I've said before, despite some compelling eye witness testimony from seemingly sincere and serious people, I just find it difficult to believe that nobody has ever bagged one of these things if they're real. All these encounters you hear about going back for decades, hell, centuries, and never once do they involve a hunter with a rifle that could bring down a grizzly who doesn't take the shot?

seaofred 01-14-2013 08:07 PM

With all the trail camera's in the woods, how is there not a perfect picture of one?

Fish 01-14-2013 08:08 PM

There are certainly many undiscovered species out there right now. But a 8 foot bipedal primate is not one of them. It's just not possible. For one, primates have only flourished in jungle environments with lots of rain. They are for the most part herbivores. It's been that way for millions of years, supported by fossil evidence. Meanwhile there is zero evidence of a stinky 8 foot hermit beast living in North America. It cannot provide a primate herbivore diet. No primate fossils have ever been found in North America. No hair or DNA evidence of any kind. Are we to believe that these beasts live solitary lives, yet never accidentally die leaving remains? There are thousands of men and women that spend their entire careers out in the wilderness, as well as cameras recording the areas of supposed Sasquatch territory. Millions of game hunters out there, many using trailcams. Some idiots make a full time career out of Bigfoot hunting. Yet nothing but stories.

It's just not possible for a primate to escape discovery unless we're talking about extreme environmental isolation. Which excludes North America.

ThaVirus 01-14-2013 10:39 PM

The Native Americans believed Bigfoot was a magical being..

You could only see one if it wanted you to.

dmahurin 01-15-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9319425)
The Native Americans believed Bigfoot was a magical being..

You could only see one if it wanted you to.

Kind of like Jesus, or angels?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z7NSQczf_w...igfoot-med.jpg

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 02:52 AM

Sex Panther

Sorter 01-15-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9318952)
There are certainly many undiscovered species out there right now. But a 8 foot bipedal primate is not one of them. It's just not possible. For one, primates have only flourished in jungle environments with lots of rain. They are for the most part herbivores. It's been that way for millions of years, supported by fossil evidence. Meanwhile there is zero evidence of a stinky 8 foot hermit beast living in North America. It cannot provide a primate herbivore diet. No primate fossils have ever been found in North America. No hair or DNA evidence of any kind. Are we to believe that these beasts live solitary lives, yet never accidentally die leaving remains? There are thousands of men and women that spend their entire careers out in the wilderness, as well as cameras recording the areas of supposed Sasquatch territory. Millions of game hunters out there, many using trailcams. Some idiots make a full time career out of Bigfoot hunting. Yet nothing but stories.

It's just not possible for a primate to escape discovery unless we're talking about extreme environmental isolation. Which excludes North America.

This. WHile I acknowledge the pacific NW would provide optimal conditions for such a creature to exist, the fact that no hunters or remains have been found despite large groups consistently searching for it make me beyond skeptical.

Cheater5 01-15-2013 05:19 AM

I'm probably 90% against existence, but withhold 10% chance. Again, I am not a badass outdoorsman-'Great White Hunter'-type dude. But I have spent a considerable amount of time sleeping on the ground, and have never once come across a bear carcass for instance. Unless an animal was killed by predation- I haven't ever found it's remains and that includes mountain lion, wolves, bear, coyotes, or even a fox.

There are several photos of what appears to be a large predatory cat in the UK for instance, yet no remains have been found. Hell, people in Kansas say they've seen mountain lion/large cats and I remember as a kid down in Arkansas folks saying the same thing. Yes, those animals are known to exist and it isn't beyond imagination that a few might be roaming outside their range. But every now and then you read about the discovery of large animals/fish in the ocean that were thought to be extinct for 2 million years...recently a certain whale if I am not mistaken. All this is the open-minded ten percent side of me.

The overwhelming majority agrees that somehow, somewhere a person would have killed one and either cut a piece off, or gotten a very good up close photo.

Interesting if nothing else.

InChiefsHeaven 01-15-2013 06:22 AM

Just out of curiosity, do any of you think it's possible that givin the thousands of square miles of forest in the US that there are indeed places in there that no man has ever stepped in? Seems pretty impossible to me, but thousands of square miles IS alot. I don't know how far in your average hunter goes, but I'd bet there is still a great deal of forest area that has been largely untouched by humans. Maybe that's where they are...heh.

I hunt here in Nebraska, and it's not even a particularly remote area. I've seen one deer carcass in 12 years. Nature seems to pick up after itself pretty well.

Cheater5 01-15-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9319918)
Just out of curiosity, do any of you think it's possible that givin the thousands of square miles of forest in the US that there are indeed places in there that no man has ever stepped in? Seems pretty impossible to me, but thousands of square miles IS alot. I don't know how far in your average hunter goes, but I'd bet there is still a great deal of forest area that has been largely untouched by humans. Maybe that's where they are...heh.

I hunt here in Nebraska, and it's not even a particularly remote area. I've seen one deer carcass in 12 years. Nature seems to pick up after itself pretty well.

No doubt there are a few remote spots that man hasnt been to- there were places in Washington (state) that we said 'hell no' about trying to move into or through; just too thick/steep or isolated. I'll say the same for some places in northern New Mexico. That's only my limited experience.

I will admit I'm kinda fascinated by things like this too.

Imon Yourside 01-15-2013 07:34 AM

I caught one once, but he wasn't regulation size so I had to throw him back into the woods.

penguinz 01-15-2013 07:46 AM

Even better than Bigfoot is the Skunk Ape. The guy who runs the Skunk Ape Research Headquarters is a total nut job.

We tried to buy souvenirs from him and he kept just giving them to us for free all while bitching about how is what so financially hard to continue research.

kepp 01-15-2013 08:00 AM

I do believe there's a squatch in these posts.

Fish 01-15-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9319893)
I'm probably 90% against existence, but withhold 10% chance. Again, I am not a badass outdoorsman-'Great White Hunter'-type dude. But I have spent a considerable amount of time sleeping on the ground, and have never once come across a bear carcass for instance. Unless an animal was killed by predation- I haven't ever found it's remains and that includes mountain lion, wolves, bear, coyotes, or even a fox.

There are several photos of what appears to be a large predatory cat in the UK for instance, yet no remains have been found. Hell, people in Kansas say they've seen mountain lion/large cats and I remember as a kid down in Arkansas folks saying the same thing. Yes, those animals are known to exist and it isn't beyond imagination that a few might be roaming outside their range. But every now and then you read about the discovery of large animals/fish in the ocean that were thought to be extinct for 2 million years...recently a certain whale if I am not mistaken. All this is the open-minded ten percent side of me.

The overwhelming majority agrees that somehow, somewhere a person would have killed one and either cut a piece off, or gotten a very good up close photo.

There's a big difference. Your wilderness experience aside, there have been countless carcasses of all the animals you listed found in the wild. And there's clearly fossil records of these animals in the North American ground. Enough so that we can see how the animal has changed over the past million years or so. Each of those animals has been clearly photographed thousands upon thousands of times. We have instances of each of those animals in captivity all across the world. You can go to Google right now, and find more results than you can click in a day of these animals appearing clearly on trail cams and all sorts of other pictures.

Just this last year, a mountain lion was photographed in Kansas, and it's clear as day. And the mountain lion is actually a really good example of a solitary predator being unable to escape discovery. Mountain lions are incredibly solitary and independent animals, not to mention being nocturnal. They don't live in packs, and they have a territorial range larger than any other animal in the Western hemisphere. So there's very very few of them, they cover a huge range of territory, they're very elusive and rarely out in daylight. But look at the evidence we have for their existence.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7991/15741624bg1.jpg

Yet we still have zero evidence of a large unknown North American primate. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9320135)
There's a big difference. Your wilderness experience aside, there have been countless carcasses of all the animals you listed found in the wild. And there's clearly fossil records of these animals in the North American ground. Enough so that we can see how the animal has changed over the past million years or so. Each of those animals has been clearly photographed thousands upon thousands of times. We have instances of each of those animals in captivity all across the world. You can go to Google right now, and find more results than you can click in a day of these animals appearing clearly on trail cams and all sorts of other pictures.

Just this last year, a mountain lion was photographed in Kansas, and it's clear as day. And the mountain lion is actually a really good example of a solitary predator being unable to escape discovery. Mountain lions are incredibly solitary and independent animals, not to mention being nocturnal. They don't live in packs, and they have a territorial range larger than any other animal in the Western hemisphere. So there's very very few of them, they cover a huge range of territory, they're very elusive and rarely out in daylight. But look at the evidence we have for their existence.

Yet we still have zero evidence of a large unknown North American primate. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

You're completely ignoring the fact that many of the eyewitnesses testimony would be enough to send a person to prison.

You think a guy like the game warden i mentioned isnt qualified to state what he seen as fact? would a guy like that risk being the butt of every joke among his co-workers, if he wasnt 100% sure of what he'd seen?

Its all very mysterious and i claim to have no answers, but laughing off dead serious testimony from qualified observers makes no sense.

Frazod 01-15-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320156)
You're completely ignoring the fact that many of the eyewitnesses testimony would be enough to send a person to prison.

You think a guy like the game warden i mentioned isnt qualified to state what he seen as fact? would a guy like that risk being the butt of every joke among his co-workers, if he wasnt 100% sure of what he'd seen?

Its all very mysterious and i claim to have no answers, but laughing off dead serious testimony from qualified observers makes no sense.

This isn't a ghost, or a ninja, or Predator with stealth technology. It's a ****ing ape-man. If the only place this creature was seen was the Pacific Northwest, I'd buy it - there aren't thousands of square miles of forest, there are millions of square miles of forest for it to hide in. But people report seeing them all over the country. How in the hell is there no real evidence? It just doesn't make any sense.

Easy 6 01-15-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9320166)
This isn't a ghost, or a ninja, or Predator with stealth technology. It's a ****ing ape-man. If the only place this creature was seen was the Pacific Northwest, I'd buy it - there aren't thousands of square miles of forest, there are millions of square miles of forest for it to hide in. But people report seeing them all over the country. How in the hell is there no real evidence? It just doesn't make any sense.

Like i said, i claim to have no answers.

But as far as evidence, there is quite a bit of it in the form of track castings with the kind of detailed dermal ridge patterns that would be extremely difficult to fake, tufts of hair that cannot be definitively pinned to a known animal and i've seen two different leading primatologists/physiologists say that the creature in the old Patterson footage couldnt have been faked by a man.

I'm not trying to convince anyone, i've never seen one either, but i wont ignore the testimony and evidence thats there.

Cheater5 01-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Jaysus, dude. Do you live to argue? I'm not refuting any of the above, nor am I arguing for the existence of such an animal as bigfoot- it's like you're cherry-picking what you want to read and zeroing in on it. WTF have I said time and again? I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF BIGFOOT, SASQUATCH, MO-MO THE MISSOURI MONSTER OR THE SWAMP APE.

Overwhelming lack of evidence suggests there is no such animal. But, when I'm in a VA retirement home in 40 years and if I happen to read that some dude killed a gigantopithecus with his pickup truck in Oregon or Montana...I'll pause and go "son of a b*tch..."

InChiefsHeaven 01-15-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Party pooper. I BELIEVE!!:)

Fish 01-15-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9320156)

Sorry, but unsubstantiated eyewitness testimonies are the most unreliable form of evidence possible. We could find eyewitness testimonies for just about anything you can dream up. We could find eyewitness testimony from multiple people claiming they've been visited by lizard aliens.

I've never heard this game warden's story, so I can't really comment on his alleged sighting. But it certainly goes against the overwhelming majority of reports from game warden types. You admit to that when you mention him being the butt of his coworkers' jokes. There's reason for that. I can't speak for why he would want to admit to something like that, but I can offer evidence for why he'd be greeted with skepticism and ridicule. He may be 100% convinced he saw a bigfoot. But it's not different than the people who are 100% convinced they've been visited by lizard aliens.

penguinz 01-15-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9320180)
I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF BIGFOOT, SASQUATCH, MO-MO THE MISSOURI MONSTER OR THE SWAMP APE.

It is Skunk Ape!

ThaVirus 01-16-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9319893)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9320180)
Jaysus, dude. Do you live to argue? I'm not refuting any of the above, nor am I arguing for the existence of such an animal as bigfoot- it's like you're cherry-picking what you want to read and zeroing in on it. WTF have I said time and again? I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF BIGFOOT, SASQUATCH, MO-MO THE MISSOURI MONSTER OR THE SWAMP APE.

Overwhelming lack of evidence suggests there is no such animal. But, when I'm in a VA retirement home in 40 years and if I happen to read that some dude killed a gigantopithecus with his pickup truck in Oregon or Montana...I'll pause and go "son of a b*tch..."

LMAO This little exchange reminded me of an argument I had with a friend of mine a while back.

He's one of those super-logical types. No imagination whatsoever and zero grasp on the concept of possibility. If it's not 100% backed by current scientific theory then it just isn't real or isn't possible.

I can't remember how the exchange started, but I mentioned something about time travel and dinosaurs still living in remote parts of the Congo being possible. He flipped his shit and has brought it up on a consistent basis in an attempt to make me feel like an idiot. He couldn't seem to grasp the fact that I wasn't arguing that they exist, but that I was arguing for the possibility that they could exist. No one really knows what's is and isn't possible so arguing against it is pretty much futile..

jd1020 01-16-2013 02:31 PM

No one is going to convince me that there are hundreds of man like 9' tall bipedal apes living in NA that just haven't been discovered.

Pretty big difference between NA and the Congo.

AndysMansiere 01-16-2013 02:40 PM

i find the show funny....but how could they exist, yet a body/skeleton has never been found...ever. what happens to them when they die??? they disappear??? :lol:

Imon Yourside 06-27-2013 12:15 AM

found

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OkFsvs_uKr0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 06-27-2013 07:54 AM

The show is ****ing terrible.

I look at this like I look at UFO's: do I think that 20 out of thousands of sightings might be real? Yeah, I think that's possible. I think a very small percentage of what people see could be real.

It's possible in some remote location there is a small population. Not likely - but possible.

loochy 06-27-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9325155)
No one is going to convince me that there are hundreds of man like 9' tall bipedal apes living in NA that just haven't been discovered.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...iation.svg.png

frankotank 06-27-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9778925)
The show is ****ing terrible.

I look at this like I look at UFO's: do I think that 20 out of thousands of sightings might be real? Yeah, I think that's possible. I think a very small percentage of what people see could be real.

It's possible in some remote location there is a small population. Not likely - but possible.

can't disagree with any of this.
I grew up in the upper peninsula of Michigan on an Air Force Base near Sault St Marie (pronounced Soo). we lived near the edge of the base and practically lived in the woods every day. if you took off the wrong direction and got lost....you're gone man. we were in the middle of nowhere...wilderness like a mother****er! bears and shit. real deal.

our swimming hole was Dukes lake and one day authorities took a plaster cast of a supposed bigfoot footprint. I was understandably fascinated. funny thing though...we were never afraid of anything in the woods except for bears. we figured...hey....he'd be nice to us...right? LMAO and no...I never saw one. I've seen and read everything I've come across on bigfoot. a couple of the most thought provoking things I ever came across was...
1 - a footprint cast of a bigfoot with malformed foot. it was analyzed by a foot doc and he said along with the dermal ridges that run differently in apes than they do in humans....that the deformity itself could only have been faked by a doctor. but it could have been faked I guess...still....
2 - tried to find a pic or video. but some show I saw had pics of yeti tracks in the himalayas that went on for miles. just giant barefoot tracks that run up the side of the mountain. coulda been faked but if I remember correctly they weren't even on a mission about bigfoot, they just came across the tracks. freaking weird man.

one of the only things I can think of on this show that ever really intrigued me is this....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pv_5tXVHZpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if it's not a fake....it's very possible someone had a pet ape of some kind and that's what it is......other than that.....WTF!

you can do a little research and find that bigfoot goes back to caveman days in multiple countries. so...imo....there MUST be SOMETHING to it...but I think whatever may have been is no longer. meaning that at some point in time, IF they were real, and it's certainly possible that they were, but at some point in time they died out. maybe they were still around when Columbus discovered this place. maybe they were gone by then. maybe the last few, with dwindling numbers and unable to reproduce, maybe they disappeared in the 50's, or the 60's.....but as of right now....come on man!

shit...didn't mean to write a book. it's a subject that I've been mucho interested in since grade school. anyways...I'll stop with this. so after saying come on man! did you know that they just discovered....I think in 2004/2007?...a brand new 300 pound species of chimpanzees in some remote rain forest!? they walk upright a lot of the times and they weigh 300 lbs! think about that!

there is so damn much of this planet we know nothing about. so damn much that a human eye has never seen. so....maybe in a rain forest somewhere you've got a bigfoot...but in Cali...or Minnesota...hell anywhere in the US....I think not.

but maybe....

Imon Yourside 06-27-2013 11:06 AM

<script height="365px" width="650px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=61ad5ff4ba57488ab20328b38b5a6f05&ec=Q4MmFoOTpoA0siENp6r0_WpkhnbPEZF1"></script>

Any Chupacabra sightings lately?

Halfcan 06-27-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9325155)

I felt the exact same way until I saw one.

I was with my family on vacation up in Canada. We were winding through the mountains in British Colombia. I was driving, my ex in the passenger seat half asleep and the kids in the back were sleeping and watching a movie.

We were winding around a bend and then descending into a slight grade. Three small cars were in front of me and a flat bed transport truck in the lead. As we came around the bend, everyone slammed on their brakes because something was crossing in the road.

I stomped on the brakes and skidded to a stop barely missing the car in front. A semi in back of us locked them up and nearly smashed us in the rear. My ex was thrown hard against the seatbelt and all the loose stuff slammed to the front. It took a second to realize we were okay.

As I looked up I saw the top of a head just above the truck- putting the height at over 8 feet. We had just seen moose and elk along the way and assumed that is was one of those until it stepped out from the truck.

When you see something unexpected it takes your mind a second to register. First thought- two legs? What in the world?? Then it turned and looked right at us while casually walking accross the road. It was brown- short-haired with a round gorilla/ man looking face. It's head almost seemed too small for its body and had a leathery looking skin like a monkey. It was extremly muscular- seems you could see every muscle flex as it walked. Not bulked up just lean and fit. Similar to the family of Mountain goats we had just seen on the side of the road. The are wild and very lean- completely opposite of zoo animals.

So the whole line of traffic just sat there as it stepped over the guardrail in stride and disapeared down into the valley below. I had a video camera and a 35mm camera sitting there but we were just so stunned and it happened so fast. As traffic moved we pulled over. I jumped out with the camera. The valley went down about 100 feet in a straight dropoff and you could see for miles- but it was gone. I don't know how in the world anything could have gotten down that cliff, but after seeing the goats bounce down sheer cliffs on little hoaves- I guess nature has a way?

When I watch that show with the supposed encounters- nothing described looks like what we saw. Maybe since it was summer they shed or something- but it was clean looking with very short hair. I think 95% sightings are fake, with the true sightings getting lost in all the drama. I know we will never forget it.

ModSocks 06-27-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9779492)

I was with my family on vacation up in Canada. We were winding through the mountains in British Colombia. I was driving, my ex in the passenger seat half asleep and the kids in the back were sleeping and watching a movie.

We were winding around a bend and then descending into a slight grade. Three small cars were in front of me and a flat bed transport truck in the lead. As we came around the bend, everyone slammed on their brakes because something was crossing in the road.

I stomped on the brakes and skidded to a stop barely missing the car in front. A semi in back of us locked them up and nearly smashed us in the rear. My ex was thrown hard against the seatbelt and all the loose stuff slammed to the front. It took a second to realize we were okay.

As I looked up I saw the top of a head just above the truck- putting the height at over 8 feet. We had just seen moose and elk along the way and assumed that is was one of those until it stepped out from the truck.

When you see something unexpected it takes your mind a second to register. First thought- two legs? What in the world?? Then it turned and looked right at us while casually walking accross the road. It was brown- short-haired with a round gorilla/ man looking face. It's head almost seemed too small for its body and had a leathery looking skin like a monkey. It was extremly muscular- seems you could see every muscle flex as it walked. Not bulked up just lean and fit. Similar to the family of Mountain goats we had just seen on the side of the road. The are wild and very lean- completely opposite of zoo animals.

So the whole line of traffic just sat there as it stepped over the guardrail in stride and disapeared down into the valley below. I had a video camera and a 35mm camera sitting there but we were just so stunned and it happened so fast. As traffic moved we pulled over. I jumped out with the camera. The valley went down about 100 feet in a straight dropoff and you could see for miles- but it was gone. I don't know how in the world anything could have gotten down that cliff, but after seeing the goats bounce down sheer cliffs on little hoaves- I guess nature has a way?

When I watch that show with the supposed encounters- nothing described looks like what we saw. Maybe since it was summer they shed or something- but it was clean looking with very short hair. I think 95% sightings are fake, with the true sightings getting lost in all the drama. I know we will never forget it.

I WANT to believe, not sure that i DO believe. Like others have said, the lack of evidence is very peculiar. But, i think i have more faith in man than others. I don't think most people simply make stuff up for the hell of it. Some might, im sure.

I believe that the majority of the sightings are from people mistakenly seeing something that isn't really there. They Believe they know what they saw, but what they saw may not have been what they thought they saw.

Im not saying that you were mistaken or anything, i hope you're not lying. I feel like i've read your story somewhere before though.

InChiefsHeaven 06-27-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Interesting...what did all the other drivers say, and did any of them get any pictures? Did anybody give an official report to the authorities at the time? Not to badger, just amazing that so many saw this...

frankotank 06-27-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9779606)
Interesting...what did all the other drivers say, and did any of them get any pictures? Did anybody give an official report to the authorities at the time? Not to badger, just amazing that so many saw this...

whatever it was....I'm pretty sure it wasn't a badger! :LOL:

InChiefsHeaven 06-27-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9779662)
whatever it was....I'm pretty sure it wasn't a badger! :LOL:

Maybe it was a really frickin' big one...YOU DON'T KNOW!!!:harumph:

Beef Supreme 06-27-2013 02:07 PM

Should have named this show "Not finding Bigfoot."

Halfcan 06-27-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9779502)
I WANT to believe, not sure that i DO believe. Like others have said, the lack of evidence is very peculiar. But, i think i have more faith in man than others. I don't think most people simply make stuff up for the hell of it. Some might, im sure.

I believe that the majority of the sightings are from people mistakenly seeing something that isn't really there. They Believe they know what they saw, but what they saw may not have been what they thought they saw.

Im not saying that you were mistaken or anything, i hope you're not lying. I feel like i've read your story somewhere before though.

Yep posted in another Bigfoot thread- on here I think it was. When we got back I started doing research and most every picture looked the same-lol Absolutely nothing looked like what we saw.

So I posted on a Bigfoot Research site. All hell broke loose. I was immediatly called a liar, a faker, ect. It was crazy- how dare I describe an animal that did not have long dirty tangled hair ect.

So they started checking on my story- turns out the flatbed is common to a trucking company there and I identified the exact truck type. They pinpointed where I saw it and there were several other reports in that area- something like 30 in a two month period. None that close. An artist on there contacted me by phone and drew pics of what I saw- it looked amazingly close- so he posted it.

There were 2 or 3 total a holes- that slammed the pics- the evidence- everything- they closed the thread and locked it for some reason. About two weeks later a team went to that area and found footprints and nesting. They posted a thread about it and several sent me apologies.

I mean what did I have to gain? I didnt even know these people. Most of the threads on there were about growling and stuff and I post a day light sighting with an exact location and details and they about ran me off there-lol It was pretty disapointing. It was several years before I told anyone again.

Halfcan 06-27-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9779606)

lol It was not a badger. We had just went to Calgary zoo the day before and saw gorilla's, bears and about every other animal. We saw moose and elk up close at Baniff national park. And probably an hour or less before the sighting pulled over and saw the family of mountain goats. So like I said my mind was thinking elk or moose because it was so tall.

I tried to get pics- we sat on the side of the road for maybe 15 minutes but it was gone. I just have no idea how it could get down that sheer drop off. It was like it just casually stepped over the rail and just right over the side without breaking stride. I had a 35 mm with a 200-600 zoom and scanned the whole valley.

I usually don't talk about it much- people just think you are nuts-lol We were stunned and didn't talk for maybe 50 miles before the kids were asking what it was. I just said I didn't know-lol

ThaVirus 06-28-2013 12:17 AM

Pretty interesting story, Halfcan. Thanks for sharing.

007 06-28-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

That reads like a book.