ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   UFC 59 : Reality Check (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138989)

KC_John 04-15-2006 11:09 AM

UFC 59 : Reality Check

So how do you all think this is going to go down tonight? Two notable fights ill mention but the others are gonna be decent also.

Tito Ortiz VS Forest Griffin
Andrei Arlovski VS Tim Sylvia

These 2 fights should be huge.
My Predictions Tito beats Forest,even thoo I like Forest alot I think Tito just has the experience and intensity Forest has never seen. Andrei beats Tim in a long fight,maybe even goes the distance. Your thoughts?
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=Even...htCard&eid=159

Simplex3 04-15-2006 12:04 PM

I'm hoping Griffin kicks Tito's ass. Either a very early 1st round knockout or a full-length beating.

KC_John 04-15-2006 01:26 PM

Ive been watching some old Tito matches all day...Griffin is gonna get buried me thinks...Tito is one tough SOB. This fight has me all stoked cuz this is like 2 of my favorite fighters going at it haha. C'mon Forest take it to him!!! Dam I cant choose a favorite lol

ChiefsFanatic 04-15-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_John
Ive been watching some old Tito matches all day...Griffin is gonna get buried me thinks...Tito is one tough SOB. This fight has me all stoked cuz this is like 2 of my favorite fighters going at it haha. C'mon Forest take it to him!!! Dam I cant choose a favorite lol

Did you see the fight where Chuck made him look like a scared little bitch?

I bet they didn't show that one.

KC_John 04-15-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic
Did you see the fight where Chuck made him look like a scared little bitch?

I bet they didn't show that one.

yea i watched that one just a bit ago..also the Coulture, and a few others. I have been downloading the fights myself off of Limewire.

TrickyNicky 04-15-2006 02:13 PM

I'm excited for AA to pwn Sylvia again. Hoping for a KO but I won't complain if its an exciting standup battle that goes the distance.

Griffin and Tito will probably be a pretty good match because its the two biggest faces the UFC has ever had fighting each other.

Monson and Cruz will be a great fight, don't miss that one. I think Monson by TKO because of his badasserness on the ground and experience.

KC_John 04-15-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky
I'm excited for AA to pwn Sylvia again. Hoping for a KO but I won't complain if its an exciting standup battle that goes the distance.

Griffin and Tito will probably be a pretty good match because its the two biggest faces the UFC has ever had fighting each other.

Monson and Cruz will be a great fight, don't miss that one. I think Monson by TKO because of his badasserness on the ground and experience.

Monson is built like a monster haha..i still can see the guy twitching from his last fight and he choked him out.

Eleazar 04-15-2006 03:21 PM

Andrei is the baddest man on the planet. They shouldn't even let him at other people. He's a menace to society. It's like they are running these guys into the octagon with a grizzly bear or something. Ask Buentello - if he can speak again yet.

teedubya 04-15-2006 03:35 PM

What would be a couple classic ones to download? Im out of the loop on this shit too. :-(

Eleazar 04-15-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs
What would be a couple classic ones to download? Im out of the loop on this shit too. :-(

You can watch some stuff at www.ufc.tv. All the events come out on DVD too.

scorpio 04-15-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali Chi3fs

Watch the Ortiz/Frank Shamrock fight from UFC 22, you should be able to find it on mininova. Tito dominated the first half of the fight while Shamrock just absorbed blows. Eventually Tito tires out and Shamrock, who has superior cardiovascular conditioning, takes control and just starts tee'ing off on him. It's a thing of beauty.

This was actually a turning point in Tito's career and what inspired him to become such a cardio freak.

TrickyNicky 04-15-2006 04:34 PM

Check spike tv during the week for a show called UFC Unleashed. It's basically 4 great fights from 2001-current (When Dana White and the Fertitta bros bought out Zuffa). They usually have theme shows for upcoming PPV's that have the fighters' previous matches.

KC_John 04-15-2006 04:45 PM

I used to love watching Tank go at it. I wish he would make a comeback. I dunno how old he is now or even if he still competes? When UFC had the 8 man Tournements ,no wieght classes ect that had to be rough on those guys fighting 2-3 times in a night. Wish they would have a one night special event 8-man tourney no hold bar super high stakes prize and get the best 8 fighters to throw down. Iceman, Richland, Hughes, Andrie(pitbull),Gracie,Tito just to name a few off the top of my head. It'll never happen but it would be freakin huge and exciting. LOL

TrickyNicky 04-15-2006 04:54 PM

The only problem with that is it would be illegal for them now. Nevada sanctions prohibit them from having fighters with such big weight differences from fighting each other and forget about no-holds barred.

scorpio 04-15-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky
The only problem with that is it would be illegal for them now. Nevada sanctions prohibit them from having fighters with such big weight differences from fighting each other and forget about no-holds barred.

Check out the "Pride Open Weight Grand Prix" coming soon (in Japan).