ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Mrs. Buehler445 has a bun in the oven. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275515)

FlaChief58 08-22-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9906570)
Always with the poignant advice.

I think I can keep the thing alive and kicking, but I'm bound to screw it up somehow. And that's what I'm terrified of. I think linearly and logically. Kids well, don't. I just don't want to screw a kid up in the head.

Parenting doesn't come with a manual. You will make mistakes, but as long as you love your child with all of your being and make time for you and the mrs and you'll be fine

Easy 6 08-22-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9906580)
Yeah, the later stuff is what I'm worried about.

Well, there IS one incredibly strange hurdle coming almost as soon as you bring the lil shaver home... mecomium(sp) poop, no lie, it glows and has the poop color palette of the aurora borealis... waves of purple, neon green, blue...

Its an elemental life shit.

seclark 08-22-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9906584)
Congrats. Be glad you didn't have twins.

:facepalm:

never know...we didn't know until after the first one was born and taken out of the room.
wife kept saying, "my stomach doesn't feel like it's gone down very much."
I said, "don't worry...it'll go down tomorrow."
doc comes back in and goobers around down there a little...his eyes get big and he says, "shit...I think there's another one."
don't remember too much after that.

of course that was over 30 something years ago. they do those ultrasounds now and can see all kinds of stuff.

sec

ndws 08-22-2013 03:18 PM

Embrace puke. And embrace that runny, hell-sent, substance they call baby shit. And when you buy the big dumpster-o-diapers, don't be surprised when your little bundle outgrows them before you get halfway through. And think about that $40 you just spent, and hope you have a friend to barter size 2 for 3s and so on.

We're at month #2 right now. Just got the shots and the checkup. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but expect everything you know this very moment in time, to be obsolete for a while once he/she arrives.

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9906599)
never know...we didn't know until after the first one was born and taken out of the room.
wife kept saying, "my stomach doesn't feel like it's gone down very much."
I said, "don't worry...it'll go down tomorrow."
doc comes back in and goobers around down there a little...his eyes get big and he says, "shit...I think there's another one."
don't remember too much after that.

of course that was over 30 something years ago. they do those ultrasounds now and can see all kinds of stuff.

sec

They assured us there is only one in there.

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9906584)
Congrats. Be glad you didn't have twins.

:facepalm:

My buddy told me I should hope for twins. Then if I had a single down the line it would seem easy. On second thought, maybe he isn't my buddy.

38yrsfan 08-22-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9906576)
You see those as bad things, I see them as memories that I would not trade for anything in the world.

This. Take pictures, spend time with them, make memories, cherish them, do things with them, be a part of their lives.

The time flies by, my youngest son (19) left for the Navy two weeks ago.

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9906602)
Embrace puke. And embrace that runny, hell-sent, substance they call baby shit. And when you buy the big dumpster-o-diapers, don't be surprised when your little bundle outgrows them before you get halfway through. And think about that $40 you just spent, and hope you have a friend to barter size 2 for 3s and so on.

We're at month #2 right now. Just got the shots and the checkup. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but expect everything you know this very moment in time, to be obsolete for a while once he/she arrives.

Sounds like good advice. I work outside and am dirty most of the time anyway. Hopefully the poop and puke won't be too much of a variance.

seclark 08-22-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9906608)
My buddy told me I should hope for twins. Then if I had a single down the line it would seem easy. On second thought, maybe he isn't my buddy.

well, raising twin sons imo, was a lot easier than raising one daughter, and the sons came first.
sec

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38yrsfan (Post 9906610)
This. Take pictures, spend time with them, make memories, cherish them, do things with them, be a part of their lives.

The time flies by, my youngest son (19) left for the Navy two weeks ago.

Yeah, I've got a couple nieces and nephews that have flown by.

Another terrifying thing is that the kid will graduate high school in 2032. :eek:

Radar Chief 08-22-2013 03:25 PM

Congrats man! :thumb:
Just consider changing diapers as building up credit for when your children have to change yours.

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9906613)
well, raising twin sons imo, was a lot easier than raising one daughter, and the sons came first.
sec

I need to go ahead and not have a daughter. I'm fairly certain I would shoot every 12-25 year old male in the county once she hits 14. /sarcasm (ish)

Frazod 08-22-2013 03:26 PM

Congratulations!

Buehler445 08-22-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9906617)
Congrats man! :thumb:
Just consider changing diapers as building up credit for when your children have to change yours.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to live that long. :D

The Franchise 08-22-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9906621)
I need to go ahead and not have a daughter. I'm fairly certain I would shoot every 12-25 year old male in the county once she hits 14. /sarcasm (ish)

I have a 6 year old daughter and twin 3 year old daughters.

**** my life.