ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Williamson: Early AFC West Salary Cap Check... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268632)

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-08-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9297378)
You wouldn't trade the second pick in teh second round for Harvin?

No maybe a 4th.

RunKC 01-08-2013 05:42 PM

I think this team desperately needs some veterans, but not in the draft.

Bring in 3 or 4 vets in FA and then inject the team with youth through the draft.

BigMeatballDave 01-08-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9297386)
No maybe a 4th.

ROFL Yeah, I'm sure that'll get him.

Nightfyre 01-08-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9297402)

Injury and coachability concerns have harpooned trade value before. I'm not saying a fourth will get him, but it really wouldn't surprise me, frankly, if the vikings are tired of his shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-08-2013 05:46 PM

They'd be dumb as shit to deal him for that.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9297314)
What are you thinking?

Who should we target?

Albert and Bowe at all costs. Get them back.

We desperately need another safety. At this point I don't care if it's FS or SS, just get someone in here to make Lewis what he should be - a nice depth safety.

An established interior lineman, ideally a center. You'll also want at least one versatile backup as well.

I don't like the CB market; it's overpriced and looking very mediocre this year so I think you're a little hamstrung there. Any 'box' players would require knowing the defense we prefer first.

And I think you use the rest to extend a trade target. You go after Harvin or Maclin and sign them long-term.

notorious 01-08-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9297303)
$16.1 million under the cap BEFORE we release Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel. We'll be in fine shape.

This.

How much will space will be added when we flush those turds?

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-08-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9297402)

ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier had yet another heated exchange that likely contributed to the receiver being placed on injured reserve earlier this month.
It's the third documented issue with Harvin and the organization since June. The exchange is believed to have begun in the training room and has fueled speculation that the "deteriorating" relationship between the two men could lead to Harvin's exit from Minnesota. Seeking a new contract and frustrated with the identity of the Vikings offense, Harvin briefly issued a trade request last offseason. The team will have to decide whether to offer him a long-term deal heavy on performance-based incentives and escalators or prepare to shop him in March and April. One NFL personnel man estimates that Harvin would draw a second- or third-round pick in a contract year.

Plus he's missed games the last 2 years. No team is gonna give them a 2nd round pick.

NJChiefsFan 01-08-2013 05:49 PM

How come Denver is referred to as "they" and we are referred to as "it"?

Rude.

RunKC 01-08-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9297418)
Albert and Bowe at all costs. Get them back.

We desperately need another safety. At this point I don't care if it's FS or SS, just get someone in here to make Lewis what he should be - a nice depth safety.

An established interior lineman, ideally a center.
You'll also want at least one versatile backup as well.

I don't like the CB market; it's overpriced and looking very mediocre this year so I think you're a little hamstrung there. Any 'box' players would require knowing the defense we prefer first.

And I think you use the rest to extend a trade target. You go after Harvin or Maclin and sign them long-term.

I agree with everything but this. Rodney Hudson was the most decorated OL at FSU for a reason.

He's gonna be a very solid C for years.

BigMeatballDave 01-08-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9297424)
ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin and coach Leslie Frazier had yet another heated exchange that likely contributed to the receiver being placed on injured reserve earlier this month.
It's the third documented issue with Harvin and the organization since June. The exchange is believed to have begun in the training room and has fueled speculation that the "deteriorating" relationship between the two men could lead to Harvin's exit from Minnesota. Seeking a new contract and frustrated with the identity of the Vikings offense, Harvin briefly issued a trade request last offseason. The team will have to decide whether to offer him a long-term deal heavy on performance-based incentives and escalators or prepare to shop him in March and April. One NFL personnel man estimates that Harvin would draw a second- or third-round pick in a contract year.

Plus he's missed games the last 2 years. No team is gonna give them a 2nd round pick.

I'd be surprised if it only took a 4th for him.

Not interested though. Misses too many games.

SAUTO 01-08-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9297414)
They'd be dumb as shit to deal him for that.

IMO we would be dumb as shit to give up that.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 01-08-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9297427)
I agree with everything but this. Rodney Hudson was the most decorated OL at FSU for a reason.

He's gonna be a very solid C for years.

Good. Play him at G. The position he PLAYED HIS ENTIRE CAREER AT FSU.

DJ's left nut 01-08-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9297375)
Spending picks on veterans should be absolutely out of the question this season.

The Chiefs choose either #1 or #2 in each round, in addition to the additional 3rd rounder (which cannot be traded) for Carr.

They need to load up on young talent, not trade it away.

Maclin and Harvin are both 24 - how are either of them not 'young talent'?

Those are exactly the kinds of guys you would be willing to give away a good pick for. No, you don't give a pick up for a guy like Jennings, but both Harvin and Maclin have 5+ years left in their primes. And they're sure-fire NFL contributors. They've gone through the WR learning curve (which is surprisingly steep) and they fit our need across from Bowe perfectly.

Look, I know we want to stockpile talent and getting rid of picks hurts, but even the best GMs bat .500 on a good day. If you could trade a 2nd rounder for a guy like Harvin or a 3rd for Maclin, you're getting exactly what you're asking for - young talent.

Or you could keep them and get young...something. Maybe it's young talent, maybe it's young roster fodder. It's almost certainly not going to be better than Harvin and the odds suggest it not being better than Maclin.

SAUTO 01-08-2013 05:54 PM

Harvin has major head concerns.

Migrane AND crazy
Posted via Mobile Device